Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34]

Author Topic: LCS 4.01.4 (December 2009 Release)  (Read 85187 times)

Ari Rahikkala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: LCS 4.01.4 Download - It's The Latest Release
« Reply #495 on: December 15, 2010, 09:19:40 am »

There's nobody who's really putting a lot of time into LCS and changing gameplay significantly, no. A bunch of us working either on the interface or on behind-the-scenes stuff though, yeah. I think it'd be good time for a LCS 4.02 final release...

... except before that, anyone on Windows want to try out compiling the latest revision and seeing if it runs correctly? I just converted sitemaps.txt to Unix line endings, and didn't test the change on Windows...

Carlos Gustavos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: December 15, 2010, 01:37:35 pm »

Yes, it works.

Downie

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: December 19, 2010, 08:43:05 am »

So would somebody please do the new release? There have been lots of cool improvements in the code for ages and I doubt it's any more buggy than 4.01.4. It saddens me to think of people playing the old version with the clumsy interface.

Toksyuryel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: December 20, 2010, 09:24:08 pm »

I think Jonathan S. Fox is the only one who can make releases. I am not certain.

Ari Rahikkala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: December 21, 2010, 06:36:07 am »

Don't think we're formal like that. Well, we'd need him to put up a release on SourceForge, but the SourceForge release is at 3.19.4 anyway. And to sticky the new thread and unstick the old one, but you could just PM him, Toady and ThreeToe and see which one gets to it first. But mostly you just need someone who's got the project building in MSVC correctly. I tried building the .vcproj with Express but am getting some errors related to MFC (???) that I'd rather not spend my time fixing since I know there are other people that the MSVC project works for, and because I'm not having any problems with the autotooled build system on my end.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #500 on: December 23, 2010, 01:55:59 am »

I actually can't make a build of the game at the moment, but if someone increments the version number to 4.02 and compiles a new build with the icon Gatleos made, I'll test it and then mirror the zip on my web site for semi-permanent hosting, and we can replace this thread with a new 4.02 one.

Here's a partial changelog for the new post:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

If I can get a copy of the game built for Windows with the version number at 4.02, I'll whip up a new stickied post.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2010, 03:35:19 am by Jonathan S. Fox »

Janus

• Bay Watcher
  • huffi muffi guffi
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Fortress File Depot
« Reply #501 on: December 23, 2010, 05:18:53 am »

Here is 4.02 for Windows from r481; I set the version number as "4.02.0", hopefully that's OK. I also updated lowestloadversion as well since 4.01.4 saves don't appear to be compatible. Old score files seem to be fine, though, so I left lowestloadscoreversion alone.
http://wimbli.com/lcs/lcs_win32_4.02.0.zip

It's compiled with MSVC++ 2008 Express, so people may need to install the Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package if the game crashes for them when first run.

For the changelog, you might add:
- The numbers of scheduled meetings and dates for each member are shown in their profiles
Tomas asked Dolgan, "What place is this?"
The dwarf puffed on his pipe. "It is a glory hole, laddie. When my people mined this area, we fashioned many such areas."
     - Raymond E. Feist, Magician: Apprentice  (Riftwar Saga)

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: December 23, 2010, 08:42:05 am »

- Fixed bug that caused your safehouses to be more suspicious if you failed to fly a flag when flag burning laws were L+ (this is now true for C+ laws instead)

This reminds me: Is there any reason NOT to fly a flag at a safehouse?

[edit]
Also, I'm normally one to punch people for making random feature requests in threads like these, but: Will there be a method in the near future by which to prevent some squadmates from attacking in combat, or to separate guitar usage from "attacks"? I ask because it would be nice to have a squad of mixed guitar and weapon users who can actually play guitars at people without also trying to simultaneously shoot them in the head. The fact that you can't do this is honestly kind of a sticking point with me, because it means you either need to have a fully-guitar squad, or be okay with committing murder while serenading people, which is weird.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2010, 11:03:55 am by G-Flex »
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: December 23, 2010, 02:26:22 pm »

Zomg it's like....it's like....some sort of non-denominational seasonal celebration, or something!
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
  • Fighting for Elite Liberal values since 2009!
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: December 23, 2010, 02:27:24 pm »

Those things are bloody expensive, you know.
Try Liberal Crime Squad, an excellent Liberal Crime adventure game by Toady One and the open source community!
LCS in SourceForge - LCS Wiki - Forum thread for 4.04

Innominate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: December 23, 2010, 10:28:26 pm »

Because you might accidentally press the "burn flag in protest" button and all hell will break loose and you'll lose your founder who was already crippled in a death squad raid on your burnt-down homeless shelter?

Yeah it's a rare case, but it counts.

Also, I'm normally one to punch people for making random feature requests in threads like these, but: Will there be a method in the near future by which to prevent some squadmates from attacking in combat, or to separate guitar usage from "attacks"? I ask because it would be nice to have a squad of mixed guitar and weapon users who can actually play guitars at people without also trying to simultaneously shoot them in the head. The fact that you can't do this is honestly kind of a sticking point with me, because it means you either need to have a fully-guitar squad, or be okay with committing murder while serenading people, which is weird.
Explanation 1: Guitarists don't associate with non-guitarists.
Explanation 2: Bad guitar drives people to punch conservatives to death.
Explanation 3: Mercy killings.

But yeah, would be a nice feature.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34]