Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Is it possible to assign recruits to another member?  (Read 1604 times)

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Is it possible to assign recruits to another member?
« on: December 23, 2010, 03:01:34 am »

Hi all. =) I'm a long-time lurker of these forums, and recently I've started trying to play liberal crime squad. I've been having a lot of fun losing so far - or creating throwaway founders armed with a rifle to go on shooting rampages - but I have one question that I can't find an answer to in the wiki.

To explain, what I would like to have is my persuasive founder handling most of the recruitment for the LCS, and then assign his new recruits to use older members of the LCS as their contacts. However, I can't seem to manage to promote/demote/assign anyone to allow this sort of plan to work.

The people I am attempting to promote are allowed one follower initially, but I don't want to have my clumsy subordinates attempt to recruit people. It doesn't really go well.

Is what I'm trying to do even possible in LCS?

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
Re: Is it possible to assign recruits to another member?
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2010, 03:28:24 am »

No, you can only move people up the tree, not down.

Code: [Select]
    founder
   /      \
sub1      sub2
             \
             sub3

The way promotions work is that you can promote sub3 to give him/her the privilege of working directly under the founder, but you can't rejigger the structure so that sub3 works for sub1, or sub1 works for sub2.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2010, 03:36:16 am »

[EDIT: Ninja'd]

You can't demote followers, or assign contacts laterally.  Contacts are essentially "who you know", and determines exactly who the followers can tell the police about should they get arrested and decide to betray the LCS.  Hence, if they originally know the founder, they can't suddenly "unknow" the founder.

However, not everyone is quite as bad at recruiting as others.  For instance, prostitutes make GREAT recruiters, as they often start with 2-4 persuasion.  Socialites tend to be even better, but are a bit more picky (but if your founder is a great recruiter, it's no problem).

Finally, followers with over 100 juice are far, far less likely to "rat out" their contact if arrested by the police.  Speaking of juice, all stats increase with juice, including heart, intelligence, and charisma, the three stats that determine success at recruitment.  Set your recruiters to "solicit donations" in order to raise persuasion (the skill used for recruitment attempts), provided they do not have a large rap sheet, or can outrun the cops once they are spotted as America's Most Wanted (10 agility almost always leads to safe escapes).

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2010, 04:31:17 am »

Thanks for the quick replies. =) It's good to know that I'm not missing an option, but it does spork my strategy. I'll need to go back and rework it then.