Make them arena fighters.
- 65 (31.6%)
Make them training targets.
- 67 (32.5%)
Do something more dwarfy.
- 65 (31.6%)

Total Members Voted: 206

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: How do YOU kill your prisoners?  (Read 13494 times)

Rhaken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How do YOU kill your prisoners?
« Reply #15 on: December 25, 2010, 12:20:22 am »

My most recent method of killing prisoners involves what I call "calibrating the entrance defense system". I set up the cages on an automatic goblin grinder, station my best military squad some distance away, and pull the release lever. In my mind, every time this happens and a prisoner walks one tile toward the fortress and onto a weapon trap containing 10 masterful steel serrated discs, I envision the soldiers taking wagers on how many body parts the corpse will be split into.
Of course, he may have simply crushed the forgotten beasts with his massive testicles.

Forget a spouse, he needs a full time gonad wrangler.

jaxad0127

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 25, 2010, 12:52:58 am »

GCS silk farm(/arena).

Jessoftherocks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grounds all green and mushy, in dungeons o Despair
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 25, 2010, 01:11:40 am »

I created a giant tower 3x3 with the middle square a opening and a accending and decending staircase as many z levels i can aquire above the map and below the map. I proceed then to build the lower room of the tower/(oubliette). In case of the random chance of the gabbos survivng the fall, ill leave some war dogs tied up, and a lever action door to go in and clean up all the bones, and make totems out of all the bones with my legendary bone carver lol. repeat
You obviously found a new species of smart kobold.
Way to go, you killed the only smart kobold's to have existed.
See? Not everyone avoids you!

dragoncurse

• Bay Watcher
  • if patience.Huge = fortress.FUN.Huge
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 25, 2010, 02:27:03 am »

death_run

including deathly ballistas, atom-smashers and lava mist

8D
:3

Fredd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 25, 2010, 05:05:37 am »

To all the posts above, I say Bah! After my interrogator questions them(She has seven kids, she is a expert), I place their cages, lever activated, where they can escape back home to their civ, telling the wonders of my fort. Mind you, this is reserved for the soldiers. The baby snatchers, get fed to the bears,in the pit.
 This is not sympathy for the soldiers, exactly. Still hopes if the goblin war leader escapes, he/she might return later for more volunteers for my goblinite collection. Plus PR never hurts
Should you fail to comply, strict !!disciplinary actions!! will be taken. Also, we feel we should remind you that one of the "criminals" on your list is the chief medical dwarf. If he ends up too badly injured to do his job, you will be fired. Out of a magma cannon.
Sincerely,
The Administration

Aspgren

• Bay Watcher
  • Every fortress needs a spike pit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 25, 2010, 05:42:07 am »

I haven't built it yet but I'm going to make a maze and a huge pit and just chuck them in there. :D If they then fall on weapon traps or if they get killed by the monsters i'll release down there when i get around to it or just age to death .. I don't know and don't care. It'll be like the underdeck of the big nasty ugly ship in pirates of blackwater. A completely separate society where whoever kills lives.

As for my own prisoners ... I disagree with dwarven law so dwarven criminals get to live in a prison where they have access to luxuries like beds and fresh water and an installed mist generator... while others who haven't technically broken any laws get the spear.

The spear is an altar I built outside the surface fort where the prisoner gets trapped in a 1x1 room some 3 levels above ground and repeatedly speared by a copper spear. The amount of stabbings is completely related to my personal whims. The last convict had caused THREE mining accidents. Sure. You might argue that it was me who did it but I still blame the already-beat-up dwarf and speared him three times.

He still lives.
The crossbow squad, 'The Bolts of Fleeing' wouldn't even show up.
I have an art blog now.

Musashi

• Bay Watcher
  • cancels Work: distracted by Dwarf Fortress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 25, 2010, 05:45:57 am »

Most of them are used as training targets for my soldiers. No dumping of armors or weapons 'cuz that's wussy. The only things my dwarfs have against the enemy is their sheer number and own experience, and they'd better get experimented quickly!
War criminals are publicly dropped from my execution tower into a spike pit. Or launched by an equally high bridge catapult. By "war criminals", I usually mean lords/elite fighters and lashers. No way Geneva would allow the use of their unholy whips.
And now, I'm keeping a few prisoners in stock to "euthanize" my bedridden patients. When they'll be done, their status will switch to that of training targets again.
I don't mean to alarm you, but it appears that your Dwarves are all in fact elephants.

CinnibarMan

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 25, 2010, 05:51:25 am »

It's nae the fall that kills 'em. It's tha sudden stop at the end.
Burning and raping the land is recreational. Where business is concerned, though, sustainability is the name of the game.

Gr33kjester

• Bay Watcher
  • Marxism - For those who VALUE their Booze...
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 25, 2010, 06:00:26 am »

Simple, I strip them of all valuebals then, DROP THEM INTO MAGMA!!!!
This is an enscribed adamantine dwarf-leg hammer.  All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It menaces with spikes OF SHEER AWESOMENESS.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 25, 2010, 06:04:18 am »

I send them out to either a shooting gallery, pit them, flood them, burn them, throw them, or combine the above.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 25, 2010, 06:29:44 am »

Olympic games anyone, Gold medal is freedom, and no one likes losers...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Mickey Blue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 25, 2010, 09:00:12 am »

In the past* if I captured a semi/megabeast I'd use it in an arena and drop other creatures into it to fight, other then that I'd use them as either training for novice marksdwarves, training for above novice melee dwarves or just as entertainment. 

-MB

*One of my new rules is no cage traps aside from hunting for animals (by which I set them up for the hunt, chase the animal(s) in, then get rid of them) so generally I don't end up with any prisoners anymore.

*Poster*

• Bay Watcher
  • It is a mystery to everyone!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 25, 2010, 12:21:50 pm »

I don't take prisoners. My Dwarves slaughter all opponents in the field and bathe in the ichor and giblets.
The Tower of Fu, a massive wooden statue of a middle finger facing north towards the elven lands, is completed, crafted from 760 wooden blocks of differing types of wood.  It is designated as a stockpile for lye, potash, ash, and coal.
Six out of seven dwarves are not Happy.

Mr. Argent

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:TRAITOROUS_NATURE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 25, 2010, 01:56:50 pm »

I slaughter most enemies on the battlefield, but if i happen to catch a goblin, i keep it and put it up a short distance from my fortress as a example to deter would-be invaders, or place them in a prison. Okay, that whole intimidation thing doesn't do anything, but i like to think it does.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2010, 01:58:44 pm by Mr. Argent »
Urist McVenom Cancels strange mood: Being exiled.

mrtspence

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 25, 2010, 02:08:36 pm »

Depends on the prisoner and my mood. Either sacrificed at the alter (dropped onto spikes on the alter) or put in the "Pain Pit", where they are dropped 3 z-levels (enough to break a few bones). The pain pit is filled with a few repeating spike traps (for mortal wounds) but mostly glass discs and copper blunt weapons. The victims are slowly and brutally killed over a long period of time by highly-ineffective weapon traps.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6