Make them arena fighters.
- 65 (31.6%)
Make them training targets.
- 67 (32.5%)
Do something more dwarfy.
- 65 (31.6%)

Total Members Voted: 206

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: How do YOU kill your prisoners?  (Read 13609 times)

Dude_Jebawe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How do YOU kill your prisoners?
« Reply #30 on: December 25, 2010, 02:15:43 pm »

I never take prisoners. Never.

Ze Spy

• Bay Watcher
  • I was your beginning - so shall I be...your end.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 25, 2010, 02:16:34 pm »

Just got another Method of killing prisoners :

Let them keep their shit , Drop their cage into a Enclosed area with a million more cages containing prisoners , Either it be Prison convicts or Goblins and then Build a Smelter , Allow a dwarf free from his cage to complete it , then tell that dwarf to "Smelt" the "Magma Explosion" Custom reaction

And finally : Watch 'em burn

Skivverus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 25, 2010, 02:34:18 pm »

I just use the stockpile-next-to-ridiculously-deep-spiked-pit method. In the event they survive both the fall and the impalement, they're welcome to use the staircase I've provided back to the surface. Granted, that hasn't happened yet, but still.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 25, 2010, 02:59:50 pm »

well also magma works.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Icee77

• Bay Watcher
  • I gave dogs [CAN_LEARN]. What have I DONE?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 25, 2010, 04:24:42 pm »

Drop into into a small room. While they're thinking what happened, let loose my Dorf Marksmen. I also just stole an elephant from an elven caravan. So.....yeah.

csebal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 25, 2010, 08:39:09 pm »

Killing them? why on earth would i want to do that? Its not like there isnt enough space in my fortress for all those caged visitors :)

In fact.. they are a lot better for decoration than inanimate statues :) Well... at least i like them better.

Then again, would i absolutely want to get rid of them, i would probably end up releasing them on a small platform surrounded by magma and let my marksdwarves have some fun with them while i pit some extra war animals onto the platform to spice things up a little.

Or just melt them in an elaborate, semi-automatic crematorium.. depends on my mood really.. Not that i ever did that.. i just value them as throphies more :) Aint they cute, as they blink at your from those little cages? :P

Eater of Vermin

• Bay Watcher
  • [VERMIN_EATER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 25, 2010, 11:56:24 pm »

I have built a Stairway to Heaven.  That terminates in a drawbridge... hanging several dozen z-levels over my fort entrance.  Which, in turn, is basically just a floored over magma pit.

I store my prisoners there in cages hooked to a lever.   When the entrance is under siege, I release the prisoners into the drawbridge room, then open the drawbridge.   Creates a lovely magmasplosion!   :D

Takes a bit of time to reset, of course.  But that's all part of the fun.

Dances with Kobolds

(Mamba in the Magma...  one, two, char-char-char!)

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 26, 2010, 04:46:22 am »

I currently have an arena with a tamed dragon in it. It has 2  z levels and 2 drop off points. If I can i'll drop animals in one end and gobbos in the other. Normally is quite fun.
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.
What? He's firing from the hip.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 26, 2010, 07:03:34 am »

Magma.

Aussiemon

• Bay Watcher
  • Well... now what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 26, 2010, 01:09:37 pm »

I play Hungry Hungry Hippos with my prisoners of war...

The seven hydra heads at the bottom of the two story drop are the hippos, the goblin/troll heads are the little plastic balls.

Hilarity ensues, then ends rather quickly  :P

Sadly, Minotaurs suck at executing even naked prisoners (31.16), so that fort isn't giving him any more to chew on.
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia."
~ Charles Schultz

Nirreln

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube channel
« Reply #40 on: December 26, 2010, 01:24:32 pm »

Prisoners? No, my dwarfs know no mercy and their enemies know only the taste of cold steel.
Quote from: a rather odd engraving
This is a masterful image of your FPS and the HFS. The HFS is committing a depraved act on your FPS.

Patchy

• Bay Watcher
  • Mukyu
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 26, 2010, 01:49:27 pm »

I rarely use cage traps as a main trap defence line, cause I don't like the extra micromanagement they bring. But when I do I just dump the cage and goblin down my incinerator chute into the magma sea, after I take the metalic goblinite to melt down of course. The rest of it can burn. Just don't dump a masterwork cage... So I guess that means I kill them while they're in the cage.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 26, 2010, 02:06:23 pm »

My favorite was (sadly) back in 40d. I built a tower as high as I could on the peak of the highest mountain, then channeled a path to the deepest depth of the earth. Had blood fifteen z-levels from the bottom.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Assassinfox

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
    • Raging at the Box
« Reply #43 on: December 26, 2010, 02:44:28 pm »

I dump the cage into the magma with them in it.  I think I might set up an arena for my next fort, though.

Wildernerd

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 26, 2010, 03:20:38 pm »

All sieges are met with blue metal and put down. Baby-snatchers and thieves get pitted directly onto the barracks.
Now the unconscious miner has been elected mayor and the trade envoy won't leave.  His standing next to the miner waiting for the meeting has caused no one to be able to bring him food and water, and now the poor wounded miner is starving.  This game is so cool!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6