Make them arena fighters.
- 65 (31.6%)
Make them training targets.
- 67 (32.5%)
Do something more dwarfy.
- 65 (31.6%)

Total Members Voted: 206

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: How do YOU kill your prisoners?  (Read 13489 times)

Xenos

• Bay Watcher
  • [DWARFINEER]
    • View Profile
Re: How do YOU kill your prisoners?
« Reply #45 on: December 26, 2010, 06:08:06 pm »

Drop them 20+ zlevels into my atomsmasher.  Anything I want is picked up, anything I dont want is smushed away. :P
This is a useful feature..and this is DF.. so im gonna assume its bugged
That's what cages and minecart shotguns are for!  We don't need to control them.  We just need to aim them.
[DWARFINEERING]

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #46 on: December 26, 2010, 06:23:45 pm »

The meat grinder O doom. It's a drop tower with serrated saw trap at the bottom.
The trick is to drop them about 5 z-levels. This will stun them and probably break their legs. Also, make sure the square you drop them on has no weapon trap on it. That way, they wake up and weakly drag themselves directly onto a serrated disc trap. Oh, and only put one serrated disc in each trap. That way, you prolong the hilarious combat reports.
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

(name here)

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 26, 2010, 10:22:49 pm »

Drop into magma. If magma is not an option, drop them ten Z-levels into rock.
Only in Dwarf Fortress would you try to catch a mermaid to butcher her and make trophies out of her bones 

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 27, 2010, 01:10:44 pm »

I've got a volcano, that ends in a magma flow, if they don't hit something on the way down and explode, burst into flame, or disintegrate, they disappear forever into the core of the world.
Nom nom nom

twilightdusk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 27, 2010, 06:19:19 pm »

I hadn't really given thought to how to deal with prisoners until I had a couple dozen trapped from a siege. I tried to strip them for training use but the methods I could find for how to remove prisoner equipment wasn't working for some reason. This is the same fort where I'm building an actual fortress wall around my land for protection. Well, now that fortress includes a 10-z level bauxite/kaolinite (for the blood red color) tower in the center which has a pit in the center of it, dropping down into an upright spike trap (armed with goblinite spears). It's a bit slow, but it's good fun. I have a stockpile for occupied cages 1 z-level above the spike, so captured goblins can see their buddies fall before their very eyes, and sometimes a limb or two splatters up to where the waiting cages are  :D
A man would see that as a difficult challenge.
An elf would see that and despair.
A dwarf would see that and say, "Bring it on."

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 27, 2010, 06:30:46 pm »

It rather depends on the type of prisoner.

Ordinary goblins are used as training dummies.
Goblin thieves I usually atomsmash.
Goblin master thieves', elite warriors' and leaders' cages are built in my various dining rooms and statue gardens to be mocked.
GCS are set to work in the silk sweatshop.
Captured wildlife is atomsmashed during the late spring ceremony, to welcome the elves.
Captured elves and humans go into the miserable pits of insanity.
Captured beings with a ranged fire-based attack are stockpiled until I think of something !!fun!!.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Danforthe Yellington

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 27, 2010, 06:38:51 pm »

I've started work in our Succession game on 'The Ape Factory' based on The Wasp Factory from the Iain Banks novel.

This device will use Dwarvern Science for Prophecy by selecting a random(ish) method of execution for captured foes. An ape is dropped into a seperate room to trigger pressure plates that will open a specific path to Doom. Which method of death claims the foe (escape may be possible) will fortell the Fort's (Jailconstructs) future. In some way...

The methods of murder involve falling (into lava or just rock), drowning, shooting, death by alligator/crocodile/giant lion in flooded chamber, savage beating by one-handed loony, traps, death by forgotten beast and death by flinging (may involve being flung to freedom or just crippling injury).

It hasn't been quite built yet and I'm about to hand it over but the other players are more knowledgeable of game mechanics than me so I have no doubt they'll be able to implement this ghastly contraption. Then we'll need to test it to see what death means what future.

Mr. Argent

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:TRAITOROUS_NATURE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 27, 2010, 07:36:23 pm »

Let me revise my earlier post:

I Keep caged attackers. They wanted to get into my fort, and they got their wish - but they should have been careful what they wished for...
Urist McVenom Cancels strange mood: Being exiled.

PotatoLord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 27, 2010, 07:57:16 pm »

Either drop them into a cavern and watch as they flee in terror from its inhabitants, or build the cages at my entrance to "dissuade" further attacks.
Dude, you've created a Yeti with nothing to lose.

You've created Yeti Batman.

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #54 on: December 27, 2010, 08:50:08 pm »

It rather depends on the type of prisoner.

Ordinary goblins are used as training dummies.
Goblin thieves I usually atomsmash.
Goblin master thieves', elite warriors' and leaders' cages are built in my various dining rooms and statue gardens to be mocked.
GCS are set to work in the silk sweatshop.
Captured wildlife is atomsmashed during the late spring ceremony, to welcome the elves.
Captured elves and humans go into the miserable pits of insanity.
Captured beings with a ranged fire-based attack are stockpiled until I think of something !!fun!!.
Once you come up with something !!fun!! for that last entry, you will have reached the critical mass of dorfiness.
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

malimbar04

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 27, 2010, 10:47:20 pm »

Well, most goblins die by squad slaughtering. On the occasion that I try to capture them all, I line the trade depot with the prisoners. I didn't realize you could take away any of their equipment (and I'll have to look up how), but I figure they're better this way anyways. I figure that any would-be thief that enters the fort will see a dozen or so of his clans best warriors and decide it's a bad idea to go any further. Alternatively, they provide good incentive for elves to give us fair trade deals on their animals. "Of course we can handle a bear, look around you at all the goblins" and "I SAID this trinket was worth all of your wood. Do you DOUBT me?!" while of course pointing to whichever goblin is bearing the most nasty teeth or waving the deadliest weapon.

No! No! I will not massacre my children. Instead, I'll make them corpulent on crappy mass-produced quarry bush biscuits and questionably grown mushroom alcohol, and then send them into the military when they turn 12...

Don Blake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 27, 2010, 10:52:43 pm »

I only have one prisoner at the moment, a goblin snatcher.  I put her in a room with an adequate axedwarf and released her from his cage.  She promptly lopped the axedwarf's hand off, murdered his dog, ran through a weapon trap, tanking six silver daggers, and into another cage trap.  That axedwarf is now my Captain of the Guard, and I've given the goblin a Reprieve for Badassery.  Partially because the wild cave croc wouldn't fight her when I locked them in a room together, and I want something more spectacular than my Hammer Lord smashing her skull in with one blow for such a worthy prisoner.

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 27, 2010, 11:02:04 pm »

Any foe showing sufficient combat ability is taken to my dumping hole and unceremoniously pitted into the magma, clothes and all. Any enemy that fails to cause harm to a single dwarf is allowed to live for a while in the grand arena, or gets chained up to feed my pets.
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.

BodyGripper

• Bay Watcher
  • The dog is screaming.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 27, 2010, 11:50:08 pm »

They spend years and years in the animal stockpile, until I abandon.
One of these days I'll get around to killing them.   8)
"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry... It's okay to sell quivers..."
I just ripped open a lions throat by biting it. Who's the lion now, bitch!

vhappylurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 05, 2011, 04:23:46 pm »

I feed my prisoners to the spiders/wolves/cougars/whatever large beastie I've captured, tamed, or traded for. They also get to met the spike pit and sometimes weapon traps.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6