Make them arena fighters.
- 65 (31.6%)
Make them training targets.
- 67 (32.5%)
Do something more dwarfy.
- 65 (31.6%)

Total Members Voted: 206

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: How do YOU kill your prisoners?  (Read 13490 times)

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
How do YOU kill your prisoners?
« on: December 24, 2010, 06:58:40 pm »

Question is in the tittle. Of course, this is after you taked all the stuff they had and everything... I do this poll for the !!science!!

Please explain what's your more dwarfy way of doing it.

AngleWyrm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How do YOU kill your prisoners?
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2010, 06:59:51 pm »

Drop them down a 10-story Pit-O-Doom.

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2010, 07:01:51 pm »

How do you kill them in the cage?  (Other than atomsmashing the cage with them in it, of course)
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

DavesGang

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2010, 07:24:40 pm »

I call this simple idea my goblin serenade system.

I make a 3x3 central staircase with a channeled hole in the center. Similar to the mist stairway idea.
At the top of the staircase is a 3x3 goblin stockpile with a pit  in the center.

The stairway and channel continues down...
about 20 levels down there is a refuse/butchery(for the kittens)/bone crafting/smelting operation.

The dwarfs go about daily dwarf business while falling goblins go screaming past.

druid91

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2010, 07:49:27 pm »

The meat grinder O doom. It's a drop tower with serrated saw trap at the bottom.
The least you could have done was throw down some booze and seasoning. Abyssal Monsters that Creatures of the Light Know Not Of aren't savages, y'know. Sharing's caring.

Ze Spy

• Bay Watcher
  • I was your beginning - so shall I be...your end.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2010, 08:02:42 pm »

Fling them on a Incredible 20-mile-per-second Journey to their death

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2010, 08:07:58 pm »

Killing prisoners? NEVER! When my nobles demand unreasonable things and put dwarfs in prison for it, I do my best to keep the poor dwarf happy... As for those wild animals that have green skin and show up in little amnush attempts, or those slighty taller animals that dwell in trees, I like to build an arena to train axelords on.

Cyroth

• Bay Watcher
  • [FABULOUS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2010, 08:17:10 pm »

I put them into my arena and let them fight against animals/dwarfs/other creatures.
The arena is built for several purposes. It can be flooded with water or magma, and it has a hole in the ceiling that leads 15z levels up, with an animal stockpile up there asigned to unwanted creatures (mostly useless animals that wander into my cagetraps all the time, groundhogs and the like). A sideway that can be blocked via a drawbridge leads to a butchery workshop and a kitchen.
Also I have one side with combined fortifications and floodgates, that way I can use it for archery training for my crossbow dwarfs.
Demons are preferable to ravens.
A noble just suffered a genuine unfortunate accident.
Has that ever happened before?

deknegt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2010, 08:29:53 pm »

I either use them as practice targets or just make them gladiators.

Geneva conventions sounds way too elvish anyways.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2010, 08:33:42 pm »

I make em arena fighters, large groups versus huge amounts of animals, traps, and pits, while a single low skill marksdwarf shoots bone bolts at them, not enough to kill but enough to cripple so something else kills it.
Nom nom nom

ext0l

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2010, 09:41:19 pm »

10z drop onto steel spikes or into the GCS pit.

wolfroy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2010, 09:50:57 pm »

How do you kill them in the cage?  (Other than atomsmashing the cage with them in it, of course)
i actually am not sure if that's possible, but if it is... that changes everything
is it fortressing your dwarfs or dwarfing your fortress?
Dwarf!  Indeed, a devious delight fond of drink and industry deceived as both do-gooder and devil by the delusions of deities.  This demander, no daft demeanor, is a driving force of the deadly diocese, now disappointed, delirious from goblin deception.  However, this delicious derangement of a demolished diamond stands determined!

CapnUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Sure, it's safe to drink!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2010, 10:07:46 pm »

Next to my marksdwarves' barracks, there's a small, 1x5 hallway only accessible from a hatch above, and the open space at the far end. The barracks and hall are separated by fortifications. When I want to execute a prisoner of war, I often drop him into this hall, then have the marksdwarves count how many bolts he can hold before he falls down.

Or I give them to my pet Ettin to play with. Poor boy doesn't know his own strength; he keeps breaking his playmates.
"My doctor says I have a malformed public duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fiber [...] and that I am therefore excused from saving Universes."

JoshBrickstien

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the aspect of one fey!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2010, 11:56:36 pm »

I strip them and dump them in a pit with trained wolves. And bears.
Edit: OH GOD, THE LEATHERS ARE MULTIPLYING WHENEVER I SLEEP.

Urist McMalaclypse

• Bay Watcher
  • Physician of Philosophy
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 25, 2010, 12:15:58 am »

I have a two-story firing range, with an upper balcony behind fortifications for my trainees, a sealed room on the ground floor for 'guests', and an area below the balcony for nobles or any other dwarves needing entertainment. This observation room has a wall of clear glass to see the action, and is also where I've located the levers to control the cages for my 'guests' and access to the inner areas. After all, goblinite is an important natural resource.

Anything that can tear down buildings is instead saved for my arena; not many goblins or kobolds are dumped in there, unless I'm really bored. My usual tactic there is to let the assorted beasties beat on one another for a bit, then send in the uberdwarves with blue weapons solely for the sake of adding more named enemies to their kill lists.

Any FBs with nasty effects have their own smaller arena; I'm willing to give up the bodies if it means not having to deal with any extra rotting. I'll let the winner live in this nasty little hidey-hole until I drop another one down, I think there's some alligator thing or something in there now. I use doubled-up drawbridges to drop them down there, in an effort to keep any limbs from flying into the crowd. The action for both arena pits can be viewed through clear glass.
After a long time of fleeing unsuccessfully, she did what any cornered dwarf would do:  she sucker punched her own baby and then kept running.
Good god man, cats training cats? That's like how every robot apocalypse starts. But with cats.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6