Make them arena fighters.
- 65 (31.6%)
Make them training targets.
- 67 (32.5%)
Do something more dwarfy.
- 65 (31.6%)

Total Members Voted: 206

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: How do YOU kill your prisoners?  (Read 13487 times)

idgarad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How do YOU kill your prisoners?
« Reply #75 on: August 12, 2011, 09:10:48 am »

First I buy them a nice dinner while they are in their cages. I then promptly tell them I am going to give them pets to care for during their stay. I set up a pasture inside a contained area ringed in fortifications and pack ever single possible war animal in my service in there. I then take the 20 cages of unicorns and build and rig them to a lever outside the containment area. Unicorns are nice pets and I feel that the goblins, war tigers, beak wolves, and feric elves will enjoy caring for them. I then make a food pile in there for the guests so if they get hungry they can have a nice meal. I then lower my guests into the area (see the mass pitting guide for details.) Oh wait I forgot that I had spike traps down there on repeat along with 50 weapon traps! I better let the unicorns out to help. Crap they are gettting hurt too while my puppies play with them. After about an hour while I shower I come back and open up the containment area.

Well at least my butchers and bone crafters are busy.... Odd the ceiling of the containment area appears to be made of glass and is marked as a dining hall....

Nil Eyeglazed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 12, 2011, 02:50:58 pm »

Why kill them...

When you can use them for CREATURE LOGIC!
He he he.  Yeah, it almost looks done...  alas...  those who are in your teens, hold on until your twenties...  those in your twenties, your thirties...  others, cling to life as you are able...<P>It should be pretty fun though.

Togre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 12, 2011, 02:55:17 pm »

So far my prisoners have been used for training and selection of my military.  Weak ones get weeded out, medicaldwarfs get practice and everyone else gets happy.
"Hey guys, you know how I've been repeatedly injuring you over and over again for the purpose of training up a team of high skilled doctors? Yeah well we didn't actually need to do that."

Shmo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 12, 2011, 03:36:24 pm »

Either slow, painful execution by (wooden or bone bolt) firing squad, or a 15z drop so that their severed limbs can later be made into bone items (most likely bolts for the firing squad).
S = k*log x(rope reed fiber socks)x

Excedion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 12, 2011, 03:49:28 pm »

Probably an arena once i have time to build it. My all time favourite is the minotaur labyrinth but the lack of minotaurs kind of prevents me from this method
If adamantine is perfectly rigid, as shown by having 0 strain at fracture in the raw files, then the speed of sound in the metal approaches the speed of light. Adamantine musical instruments would produce ultrasonic vibrations, and cut off the fingers of the musician.

Kaleb702 Games

• Bay Watcher
  • nearlyNonexistent
    • View Profile
    • My YYG Account
« Reply #81 on: August 12, 2011, 06:37:52 pm »

I'm going to do that new idea, the shower of magma. Because it sounds neat, doesn't require complex pumping systems, and it doesn't require too much management.
Quote from: Rose Lalonde, Seer of Light
One simple word can so easily begin a story in a very thick book.

Urist McDwarfFortress

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected elephant sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 12, 2011, 07:06:26 pm »

I usually just send them off to my barracks for training purposes, but I've recently been working on a Colosseum complete with several large meeting areas surrounding it (but up one z-level) with tons and tons of chairs.  I'm just not sure what to put in the gladiator area yet.  Sure, I could just throw in some ridiculous traps with 10 giant steel axes on each of them, but then my gladiators wouldn't get as much fun.  Perhaps a water magma feature...
Sorry, for a moment there I forgot we were all psychopaths.
Someone who has random urges to make mog juice isn't exactly going to care about the cost effectiveness of obtaining it.

franti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 12, 2011, 07:43:35 pm »

"Prisoners"?
What are those? I've never had anything survive a fight with my dwarves.
Adamantine, Steel, Pig Iron, Iron, Bronze, Bismuth Bronze, Platinum, Brass, Black Bronze, Billon, Rose Gold, Electrum, Bismuth, Aluminum, Gold, Copper, Tin, Sterling Silver, Silver, Nickel, Zinc, Lead, Nickel Silver, Trifle Pewter, Fine Pewter, Lay Pewter.

Lexx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 12, 2011, 08:55:00 pm »

Question is in the tittle. Of course, this is after you taked all the stuff they had and everything... I do this poll for the !!science!!

Please explain what's your more dwarfy way of doing it.

Thunderdome. Two enter. One man(dwarf) leaves. Sometimes I will throw them down a pit containing whatever is the most dangerous beast I have captured. Sometimes I wont even bother to disarm them! You eventually get a semi megabeast surrounded by mangled corpses, skeletons and a fortune of discarded arms and armor.

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 12, 2011, 09:38:09 pm »

I feed them to my hydra.  That's seven mouths to feed, y'know.
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

Peewee

• Bay Watcher
  • Watcher Of Bays
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 12, 2011, 11:26:17 pm »

Drowning chamber, which doubles as my Noble Entertainment Lever room.

wrwr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 13, 2011, 06:07:11 am »

I wish I could use them as slaves for lowly surface tasks. No real dwarf should ever be forced to see the sun.

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 13, 2011, 07:26:29 am »

I used to just expand animal stockpile and build more cages. A few months ago I discovered, that you can choose a specific cage with goblin inside by pressing 'x' in build menu. I build some cages in barracks with stripped goblins, link them all to one level and let my military have some !FUN! while training. Building and linking cages takes some time, so some form of pitfall execution is probably better.

Quote from: Omnicega
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Military guide for FoE mod.
Research: Crossbow with axe and shield.
Dropbox referral
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]