Other Projects > Play With Your Buddies

Let's Play: Crisis In The Kremlin

(1/11) > >>

MetalSlimeHunt:
The year is 1985, the location being the issue-plagued Soviet Union. After the death of Konstantin Chernenko, a new leader must arise to lead the Soviet Union. But whom?

Hardline Reactionaries crawl out from the woodwork of the Soviet political system, demanding that the shift towards Capitalist economic policy be reversed, the hazardous flow of information be restricted, and that the filth of the West be resisted at all costs. They place Yegor Ligachev in the spotlight, promoting him as a true communist from the days of Stalin and Lenin, now seemingly lost.

In response, the Moderate Reformists denounce the reactionary jingoism of the Hardliners, claiming that mutual cooperation with the West is needed to move forward together, not to provoke a nuclear war in the name of a dying and worthless conflict. They say that the centralized economic structure cannot possibly keep such a large nation supplied and in order, demanding that it be dismantled gradually. They reach out to the will of the workers with promises of civil liberty and freedom for all, somthing no great nation can survive without. Mikhail Gorbachev steps up to defend these promises.

But the boldest move of all is made by the Radical Nationalists. They denounce the central controled authority outright as the bastard child of false leaders of the past, who are all but traitors to the Soviet Union. They demand a free market, political independance, and vast millitary reductions, no matter what the cost to the Union. Boris Yeltsin boldly declares that if the Soviet Union member states hate each other so very badly as to leave altogether, then the USSR is better off without them. That he does not vanish the next day says more than he ever could.

Only one of these men may rule in the future of the USSR. In our world, it was Gorbachev who became the new leader, and dismantled the tattered remains of the Soviet Union seven years later. In this world, the choice of victor is yours to make.

inteuniso:
Yeltsin! Yeltsin!

EuchreJack:
Ligachev, simply because that is the hardest possible scenario!

Seriously, I tried it several times.  Failed in the first year most times.

MetalSlimeHunt:

--- Quote from: EuchreJack on December 25, 2010, 01:27:23 am ---Ligachev, simply because that is the hardest possible scenario!

Seriously, I tried it several times.  Failed in the first year most times.

--- End quote ---
I've been told that if you survive the inital BLARG COMPLETE MONSTER FOR A LEADER RAEG, he's pretty much the only one of the three that can last until 2017. Don't use that as an excuse to vote for him though, chances are very bleak no matter what we do in this LP.

breadbocks:
Ligachev. The market economy system is doomed to failure, or slowly but surely drift towards communist anyways. (These are my views in real life. I'm a supporter of communism, just not the leaders who corrupt the system for their  own gain.)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version