Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: So I've got three sleeper lawyers...  (Read 993 times)

Asmodeous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
So I've got three sleeper lawyers...
« on: December 28, 2010, 01:26:02 pm »

...and one of my people went to trial.... but I didn't have an option to hire one of my sleeper lawyers.

Why not? Will they only defend the founder? I'm confused.
(There is a story behind this. . .)

This is an Alder Omelette. All craftsdwarfship is of highest quality. It is encircled with bands of cheese. It menaces with spikes of bacon, ham, and peppers. On the object is an image of dwarves in egg white. The dwarves are eating.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
Re: So I've got three sleeper lawyers...
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2010, 01:33:34 pm »

Sleeper lawyers have a % chance of being available that is equal to their infiltration value, as seen on the sleeper screen; the only exception is that sleepers who have been recruited through seduction are always available to defend the person that recruited them. This applies to the starting lawyer you can get and their relationship with your founder as well.

Asmodeous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2010, 01:35:14 pm »

Ok, so if I've got 3 sleeper lawyers (all seduced by the founder, 1 from the freebie) and they're at 33% (ish) each, then the founder is guaranteed to be able to hire any of them, but any OTHER member has a 33% chance each for them to be available?

That makes much more sense.

Does having them lay low raise their effectiveness over time?
(There is a story behind this. . .)

This is an Alder Omelette. All craftsdwarfship is of highest quality. It is encircled with bands of cheese. It menaces with spikes of bacon, ham, and peppers. On the object is an image of dwarves in egg white. The dwarves are eating.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2010, 01:48:17 pm »

Does having them lay low raise their effectiveness over time?

Yes, but only very slowly... 1% per month increase. The fastest way to get high infiltration is to recruit Conservatives into the job.