Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: A modding question about Fortress mode.  (Read 421 times)

Repulsion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
A modding question about Fortress mode.
« on: December 29, 2010, 05:18:13 pm »

So I want to set my population cap to 80, however I have looked around the raws but I just can't seem to find what I am looking for. Any help?
Electrum, pedophilia, and necrophilia at the same time!?

SurfinShroom

• Bay Watcher
  • Why so cereal?!
    • View Profile
Re: A modding question about Fortress mode.
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2010, 05:26:21 pm »

DwarfFortress>Date>Init>d_init.txt>Scroll down till you see this
You can set the maximum population of your fortress here.  Keep in mind that your population must be at least 80 to get a king and 100 to obtain the current game features.

[POPULATION_CAP:200]

This allows you to control the number of babies+children in your fortress.  The first number is an absolute cap on the number of babies+children.  The second is a percentage of the current number of adults in your fortress (the default is the essentially meaningless 1000% here).  The lower number is used as the cap.  The cap only prevents further pregancies, so migrant children, multiple births and existing pregnancies from old saves can still push you over the cap.  Setting either number to zero will disallow pregnancies in the fortress.

[BABY_CHILD_CAP:100:1000]

change :)
Forgotten Beasts seem to be akin to Toady playing Russian Roulette with your fortress, as they can be anything from harmless giant worms made of mud to necrotic-gas spewing nigh-invunerable iron hydras of doom.

Repulsion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2010, 06:01:02 pm »

Er... I thought that atleast 80 population would allow all the features? What events also happen with 100 dwarves? But anyways, much thanks for the help.
Electrum, pedophilia, and necrophilia at the same time!?

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2010, 12:43:52 am »

Actually according to the wiki in order to get the king in the current version you need to have at least 140 dwarves.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.