Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: An LCS newbie has some questions  (Read 8165 times)

Greenbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: An LCS newbie has some questions
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2011, 10:16:20 pm »

Killing mutant animals is considered only armed assault, though perhaps it represents a stronger crime if animal rights aren't minimal.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2011, 10:38:04 pm »

I had a long, lengthy, and all-encompassing response.  Then IE closed for no reason, and failed to restore.  So, I'll sum up with three points:

1) Mutants are mutated people, Genetic mutants are mutated animals.  Killing animals is only murder is animal rights is Elite Liberal.

2) Don't worry too much about any particular law going Arch-Conservative.  Several features of the game are set up to push the country to the right.  Just disband for a bit, and you'll see lots of laws turn Arch-Conservative.  Feature under Laws screen.

3) The effectiveness of all sleepers, including lawyers and judges, is based upon their infiltration level.  In the case of Judges, the game will roll against the infiltration level of all your judges when setting up your trial.
Example: I have three Judges at 25% inflitration.  Therefore, I have a 25% chance of the first judge presiding, 25% chance of the second judge presiding if the first judge was not assigned, then 25% of the third judge presiding if neither the first nor the second judge are presiding.  Thus, you have a 42% percent chance of having no sleeper judge, and a 58% chance of having a sleeper judge preside.

Oh, and lawyer lover slave sleepers always defend their lovers.  So get your founder a lawyer Friend-with-Benefits quickly!

GodlikeSoldier

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2011, 10:42:19 pm »

I see just that ive never seen anything but well mutated animals i guess because i play classic so the pollution isn't arch conservative.

I think my game might be bugged because i reloaded my old save and my guy kidnapped the ceo from the CEO residence in the outskirts and did not earn a single juice :(. I thought it would count as something. I now have murdered someone and im still stuck at 233 juice I think im broken lol.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2011, 12:04:24 am by GodlikeSoldier »

Toksyuryel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2011, 10:27:32 am »

4. Last question is I have sleeper judges 6 i believe how do i know if they are preceding over the case or not it seems like trial just goes like normal and bad things happen.
Each sleeper judge has a percentage chance equal to their effectiveness (I will not call this infiltration until the game calls it that) to preside over your case; getting more sleeper judges increases your odds of getting one only due to rolling the dice a few more times. Sleepers gain 1% effectiveness each month you have them doing nothing (laying low).

GodlikeSoldier

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2011, 01:25:33 pm »

How does nightmare mode make the game harder I mean other then you have to get laws a lot more work to get liberal.

Greenbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2011, 01:59:34 pm »

The fact all the laws are Arch-Conservative does make the game harder as opposed to just longer. Such state of legislation allows for things like better armed and more brutal police, flamethrower-toting firemen raids on your printing presses, commonly seen heavily armed death squads, and arming a good portion of the civilian populace. Also, most people are conservative, so it becomes quite harder to get suitable recruits.

There's a handful of upsides, though. Lax gun control laws means assault weapons are readily available, for instance. And given the new mechanic that guides the strengthening of the CCS, I'm guessing they will be too busy livin' it up in their utopia, meaning they won't assemble and try to ruin your plans for a good while.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2011, 01:10:52 am »

Generally correct except I'd note two things:

1) The all-encompassing Death Squads are not to be downplayed.  No more surrendering to police, not unless you're at the Police Station or Court House.  Everywhere else, the Death Squad will kill you dead.  If you fall behind, they'll hold you to the ground and shoot you in the head.  Even if you do manage to surrender to the Police Officers or Police Gang Units at the Police Station or the Court House, the penalty for all crimes is death.  Coincidentally, running the Liberal Guardian is a crime under Arch-Conservative Speech laws.

2) While it is true that the CCS have been reprogrammed to wait until the LCS is actually effective, the game mode "We Didn't Start The Fire" will start with the CCS activated in the first month, regardless of anything else.  So while the answer is correct, it is not all-encompassing.

I generally play with both Conservative Nightmare and We Didn't Start The Fire.  Oh, I lose often, but it's fun!

Gentle Manne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2011, 01:43:48 am »

4. Last question is I have sleeper judges 6 i believe how do i know if they are preceding over the case or not it seems like trial just goes like normal and bad things happen.

When the screen for the trial comes up and you have a sleeper judge taking the case, it will say something like "Sleeper Urist McJudge reads the charges, trying to hide a smile:"

I didn't know that part about effectiveness above, but it makes sense. I enlightened a Hangin' Judge and he started at 81% effectiveness. After a few months of laying low, he had 100% and he took all my trials.

Are there any ways that the laws can get more arch conservative? I know obviously they can become more liberal or else there would be no point to the game, but can you do something that causes the country to be more conservatives?

Don't know why you would want to, but you could try shooting up a place related to the issue and alienating the liberals there.

GodlikeSoldier

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2011, 11:32:48 am »

Its not that you want to make laws more arch conservative its more like you do something maybe way to radical and it can alienate the people like you said. Something way to EXTREME like butchering tons of conservatives for no reason.

Toksyuryel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2011, 12:00:16 pm »

That they are conservative scum is considered enough of a reason to slaughter them wholesale in the world of LCS (it is likewise for elite liberals from their point of view).

GodlikeSoldier

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2011, 12:01:44 pm »

I guess under any circumstance its ok to kill a conservative :D

Btw who do you feel is the best type of people to recruit? I tend to like dancers and athlete for people im going to put in combat.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2011, 12:19:02 pm by GodlikeSoldier »

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2011, 02:56:36 pm »

I guess under any circumstance its ok to kill a conservative :D

Btw who do you feel is the best type of people to recruit? I tend to like dancers and athlete for people im going to put in combat.

I like to use police officers (Death Squad officers if I can get them)

Greenbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2011, 07:32:20 pm »

If you can break them during interrogation, agents make amazing liberal troopers. Problem is any high-wisdom conservative is going to end up with pretty low base health.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2011, 02:43:07 pm »

Yeah, that's why I don't tend to convert hardcore conservatives. You end up crippling them without superior interrogation methods, which makes foot soldiers at least not worth the effort once it's done.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

GodlikeSoldier

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2011, 09:57:16 pm »

Should i play with CCS on or not does it make the game more fun or just harder? At first i just played normal mode then switched to nightmare mode for fun but with no CCS and was wondering if you guys think me adding CCS would just make it more of a ball :D and yes i do like a challenge but not one that is impossible.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7