Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: An LCS newbie has some questions  (Read 8256 times)

Gentle Manne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: An LCS newbie has some questions
« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2011, 10:38:21 pm »

It's actually easier. Once you beat the CCS, you've practically won the game.

GodlikeSoldier

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2011, 06:17:56 pm »

Isnt beating the CCS extremely hard to do or no?

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2011, 06:37:18 pm »

Not if you've prepared for its arrival, by having trained goons with automatic weapons ready to respond. Then it's just a matter of chasing down their safehouses, clearing them out, and you're done.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

GodlikeSoldier

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2011, 07:03:00 pm »

I can never seem to get good goons with good weapons they always get rocked while trying to get them good then lose all the weapons. Then im back to square one lol

Greenbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2011, 09:08:14 pm »

What you can try to do is find a particularly good agent, brainwash him, send him off to the university to learn some Teaching (Education course) and then use him to train your more reliable liberals. Could be Gang Members, but with a sufficiently proficient teacher, anyone with decent agility could be turned into a killing machine.

GodlikeSoldier

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 15, 2011, 12:50:28 am »

Thats a genius idea lol

Elodie Hiras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 17, 2011, 07:23:23 am »

Hello!

I'm attempting a pacifist run (no weapon firing, no martial arts, no traps, no beating up/drugging captives, just sneak, dodge kidnap and intimidate), and I would like to know how to make one of my liberal with a dodge skill of 5 to teach other for a starter (IE to not get consistently hit by conservative scum all the time and get faster gain).

Thank you!

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 17, 2011, 11:11:23 pm »

Hm, the University allows learning of Gymnastics, which is Liberal Code for "Learn Dodge".  Help file should probably be more clear on that.

There is also a "Teach Others", although such a feature works better if you teaching liberal has the Teaching skill.  You can either [a]ssign that liberal to learn Education from the University, or just rely on Teaching going up from use (the more you teach, the better you get, currently).

Finally, don't focus singularily on dodge.  A high Health allows liberals to shrug off wounds that would kill less healthy liberals.  It's a nice backup "just in case".

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 18, 2011, 01:02:13 am »

Hm, the University allows learning of Gymnastics, which is Liberal Code for "Learn Dodge".  Help file should probably be more clear on that.

First rule of liberal dodgeball club: you do not talk about liberal dodgeball club!
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 18, 2011, 03:07:39 am »

First rule of liberal dodgeball club: you do not talk about liberal dodgeball club!
i thought it was dodge, duck, dip, dive and dodge

Elodie Hiras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 18, 2011, 08:22:53 am »

Let me ask again.

I have one liberal (gang member) with a dodge skill of 5, and I can't find the way to make him teach others.

Make him teach fighting and killing only raises weapons (in his case, rifle) skill, and street survival doesn't raises dodging. I just can't find a way to make liberals train others liberals in dodging. Every other skill apart from teaching is just fine though.

Edit: I just tried all the skills sets one by one, and none worked.

Is that an oversight? Is that intentionnal?

Thank you for answers

Edit: One more thing: Is it possible to craft Death Squads uniforms? (And if it is, does it require the Death Squads to exist?) Thank you again!
« Last Edit: February 18, 2011, 08:54:50 am by Elodie Hiras »

Greenbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 18, 2011, 10:56:48 am »

I don't think Dodge can be taught at the moment. And it's possible to make Death Squad Uniforms, but only if legislation allows them to exist.

Elodie Hiras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 18, 2011, 05:01:29 pm »

I got another question about sleepers:

If I ask them to steal money/items and send them to me, does the amount/quality depends (at least partly) on their effectivenes level? Do they have less chances to get caught at higher effectiveness level? At 100% efficiency, what are the chances they get caught?

Thank you for your answers!

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 18, 2011, 05:43:12 pm »

Effectiveness determines chance to not get caught and chance to succeed.  I think Business skill also increases the amount of embezzlement, and sleeper location affects which items you get.

Yup, I'd reckon the missing dodge skill was mostly oversight, although I recall Jonathan saying that it would be weird to learn how to dodge from other liberals, so it's non-inclusion may not be entirely accidental.

Historically, the dodge skill was implemented after the "teach other liberals", and the learning from university was implemented very recently, after all of the above.  So it is easy to see how dodge would not be included, even though it would make sense.

I just noticed I have a liberal with both teaching and dodge skill, so I can understand the aggrevation.  Sorry I didn't answer your question directly before, I was a little confused.

Greenbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 18, 2011, 06:40:30 pm »

...I recall Jonathan saying that it would be weird to learn how to dodge from other liberals, so it's non-inclusion may not be entirely accidental.

Dodging demonstrations. Ask any dwarf. ;)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7