Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: An LCS newbie has some questions  (Read 8229 times)

Elodie Hiras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: An LCS newbie has some questions
« Reply #45 on: February 22, 2011, 11:21:18 am »

You say it's weird to learn dodging from another liberal? *grab an paintball gun from the shelves* DODGE THIS!

I've got a few other questions:

What does burning flags do (apart from getting you wanted for flag murder if laws are conservative enough)?

About treason: if I run a special edition of the liberal gardian featuring some top secret CIA files, it's faire enough that I am wanted for treason. But who exactly is wanted? All the squad? Only members stationned at the safehouse from which the special edition is printed?

About raids: if conservative scum decide to raid one of my safehouses, how do they decide which one? Who can raid my safehouses, what for, and what sleepers do I need to get an early warning?

About Street sense: does it helps when running away from police? And I mean running away, not avoiding to attract them while selling brownies.

Edit: How to increase my chances of escaping police when they try to arrest me?

Is there any good way of maxing out seduction? When already having a few lovers, my dates freak out quickly (thus slowing the process), and multiple dates can turn badly very quickly (and really often)...

Thank you!
« Last Edit: February 24, 2011, 07:55:54 am by Elodie Hiras »

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #46 on: February 24, 2011, 12:46:27 pm »

What does burning flags do (apart from getting you wanted for flag murder if laws are conservative enough)?

Influences public opinion on the free speech issue if the safehouse is currently under siege. Also looks cool.

About raids: if conservative scum decide to raid one of my safehouses, how do they decide which one? Who can raid my safehouses, what for, and what sleepers do I need to get an early warning?

It's pretty random. I think zero heat will protect you from all sieges, but even a tiny bit of heat will open you up to non-police raids.

CIA sends Agents. Use Agent sleepers. Publish CIA documents to anger them.

Corporations send Mercenaries. Use CEO sleepers. Publish corporate documents to anger them.

Firemen send Firemen. You don't need a sleeper for warnings. Publish anything at C+ Free Speech to anger them.

AM Radio/Cable News send Rednecks. No sleepers are available. Botch a kidnapping of one of their celebrity media personalities to anger them.

CCS sends CCS Members. Use CCS Members as sleepers. They'll launch sieges when you have a printing press, or randomly when society is very very Liberal.

About Street sense: does it helps when running away from police? And I mean running away, not avoiding to attract them while selling brownies.

Edit: How to increase my chances of escaping police when they try to arrest me?

Street sense does not. High agility does help.

Is there any good way of maxing out seduction? When already having a few lovers, my dates freak out quickly (thus slowing the process), and multiple dates can turn badly very quickly (and really often)...

1. Prostitution for rapid gains and money, but if you don't have good Street Sense you risk both arrest and juice loss.
2. Seduction passively but slowly increases as long as you have lovers.

Elodie Hiras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 24, 2011, 03:51:41 pm »

Ok, thank you for all these infos!

Elodie Hiras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 27, 2011, 06:45:49 am »

Hello!

What disguise do I need to sneak into the US Army base? Don't say "Army uniforms", for some reason, they don't work.

Thank you!

GodlikeSoldier

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 27, 2011, 02:54:09 pm »

army body armor which can only be gotten by killing army people easiest way to get a lot of them is to have the army raid you and they just own themselves on your traps, then you just finish them off.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 27, 2011, 05:37:26 pm »

Actually, what with snipers and car bombs, it might be safer for your "core" team to send a sneaky thief to steal army body armor, with stealth and a car, from the Army Base.

Elodie Hiras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 10, 2011, 08:58:43 am »

Hello!

I have some questions about a few points:

1): Jury tempering: Does jury tampering have an effect on political issue if successful?
2): Dodge: Is dodge an active skill (ie have a chance based on its value to activate) or a passive skill (reduce chances to get hit depending on it's value)?
3): I'm attempting a pacifist run in Nightmare mode + We didn't start the fire. So I expect a lot of Fireman and CCS raids. Can guitar defense (turning conservatives liberal with guitars) win the battle? Or do I have to run away from my safehouses when they attack?
Edit: 4): What kind of disguise can be used in an appartment?
Edit: 5): Seduction: What influences chances seduction is successful, and chances that dates freak out due to multiple lovers?
Edit: 6): Sleepers: do sleepers stats influence their efficiency while advocating liberalism? And what gives them the most juice: embezellement, or smuggling items?
Edit: 7): Assuming I brainwash a random conservative, converting him before anyone notice he disappeared and that after that, he gets arrested: will he stand trial or get rehabilitated?

Thank you in advance!
« Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 11:03:27 am by Elodie Hiras »

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 10, 2011, 03:36:07 pm »

Edit: 4): What kind of disguise can be used in an appartment?
Police Uniforms are good for this.

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 12, 2011, 01:48:22 pm »

In fact, police uniforms, as far as I remember, work everywhere. However, they have a disguise malus when out of place.
Hello Hunam

Elodie Hiras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 19, 2011, 01:57:41 pm »

I have a few questions left hanging:

1): Jury tempering: Does jury tampering have an effect on political issue if successful?
2): Dodge: Is dodge an active skill (ie have a chance based on its value to activate) or a passive skill (reduce chances to get hit depending on it's value)?
3): I'm attempting a pacifist run in Nightmare mode + We didn't start the fire. So I expect a lot of Fireman and CCS raids. Can guitar defense (turning conservatives liberal with guitars) win the battle? Or do I have to run away from my safehouses when they attack?
Edit: 5): Seduction: What influences chances seduction is successful, and chances that dates freak out due to multiple lovers?
Edit: 6): Sleepers: do sleepers stats influence their efficiency while advocating liberalism? And what gives them the most juice: embezellement, or smuggling items?
Edit: 7): Assuming I brainwash a random conservative, converting him before anyone notice he disappeared and that after that, he gets arrested: will he stand trial or get rehabilitated?

And two more question:
If I don't tie up a conservative, will he open up for conversion faster at the cost of increased risks?
Are there female judges and policewomen in the worls of LCS? Female CIA agents? (I'm asking this one because of my new run: Feminist Crime Squad.)

Thank you!

GodlikeSoldier

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 21, 2011, 05:10:56 pm »

Does anyone know exactly how much science is needed to press the big red button?
Also what does getting security extremely high do it seems at 15 security I'm able to unlock anything.

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 21, 2011, 06:58:24 pm »

Does anyone know exactly how much science is needed to press the big red button?

I can press the Big Red Button at 5 Science, it'll still fail pretty often though.
Jizzar sounds some kinda celestial object made of jizz~
Like a quasar or something~

GodlikeSoldier

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 21, 2011, 11:37:54 pm »

Also once a base is busted up by tanks is there anyway to rebuild it i dont see any option to fix the tanks damage. Btw thank you for the answer Krath :).

Veton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 24, 2011, 10:27:42 am »

What's the best way to get rid of heat? I tried doing community service but it didn't seem to have that much of an impact. I also hopped around safehouses but the heat increased pretty quickly as soon as my notorious team moved in so I couoldn't stay long enough for things to cool down in other places.

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 24, 2011, 11:37:39 am »

Community service won't help when you're wanted for crimes.
Try splitting up your team and put only one or two of them in any safehouse. Lay low for a while.
Spider Overhaul
Adding realistic spiders to Dwarf Fortress. (Discontinued.)

Godhood VIII
The latest installment in the Godhood roleplaying game series.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7