Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Live for the Moment.  (Read 813 times)

Tibbles

• Bay Watcher
  • Kobold Mechanic
    • View Profile
Live for the Moment.
« on: December 31, 2010, 06:32:52 am »

I'm looking for a couple of players, or maybe some people to talk with and brainstorm with, about a game that I'm going to run over IRC. Its a modern day game, and you don't have superpowers, you're not indestructible, you're not a werewolf or a vampire or anything. However, when you die, from causes natural or otherwise, you awaken, exactly one week later, in the body of a homeless person, a vagrant, or somebody who has no ties to others. You're unable to choose the state of the body you wake up in, the gender, or even where. You're just in a new body, and it's time to start over.

I'm expecting some complicated characters if you want to play. Your character is hundreds, if not a thousand years old. It is very much a game of deciding what your character needs to make themselves happy, since they have, as far as they know, an infinite amount of time to determine what this is, and how to acheive it. If you know anything about Hellenistic Philosophy, this should be easier for you.
GODAMMIT KOBOLDS

Capntastic

• Bay Watcher
  • Greetings, mortals!
    • View Profile
    • A review and literature weblog I never update
Re: Live for the Moment.
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2010, 06:40:25 am »

Sounds cool, and this isn't meant as disrespect, but why homeless people specifically, if I may ask?

Tibbles

• Bay Watcher
  • Kobold Mechanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2010, 07:07:49 am »

Well, not nessacarily homeless people, but people who have lost their ties to others, someone who, unfortunatley, won't be missed.
GODAMMIT KOBOLDS

Capntastic

• Bay Watcher
  • Greetings, mortals!
    • View Profile
    • A review and literature weblog I never update
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2010, 07:43:32 am »

Sounds like you could fit the concept in reasonably well into UA's system.