Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 50

Author Topic: Shores of Hazeron - Starborn Dominion  (Read 58037 times)

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
Shores of Hazeron - Starborn Dominion
« on: January 02, 2011, 10:03:51 am »

Making a new thread on this gem of a game since Planepacked no longer exists.

Link to the game: http://www.hazeron.com/

It's kinda an RTS/4x/RPG mixup. You can make empires with your own races, are placed on a world with randomly generated creatures, and can build your civilization. Other people can join your empire and help expand, pilot ships, help war with other empires, etc. Ship design is custom, letting you make whatever shape/size ship you want with whatever mix of components you want. Galaxy is effectively infinite, or at least so big we'd never be able to explore it all. Each system has planets, each of which you can land on and build on and walk on (except gas giants, but you CAN land - you just won't survive). It's still in alpha, but it's amazing.

The Bay12 "official" empire is Starborn Dominion this time around (the universe just reset along with some major changes to the game). Due to random griefers bothering all open empires I made a shell empire called Worst.Empire.Ever. (name just to try and keep random newbies from joining). If you want to join us, join that empire and make a post here to invite you into the main empire.

Right now our homeworld is temporary, working on a more permanent setup a bit away from the main area of space to give us expansion room. I'll edit this to put up more info eventually.

PS. Read the manual! It's on the main website here: http://www.hazeron.com/manualf.html. It has very useful info. Theres also a wiki here http://hazeron.wikia.com/wiki/Shores_of_Hazeron with lots of info.

Oh and I almost forgot: If you join the shell empire to get our race, don't try to do anything there because it'll just frustrate you. There are no rocketships. There are no space ships. There are no shops. There is no air outside the closed in areas. It's a hellhole of a colony meant to keep random idiots from using it as a staging ground to annoy the main empire. I already had like 8 people come by and goof around on it, but they seem to eventualy leave when they realize there isn't anything to screw up except taking the colony (which I can take right back). Just get in the main empire and someone will probably be around to show you the ropes.

Dragonshardz set up a forum for us if you guys want to use it. It's here. Requires admin approval to join, so just let me know here or ingame to approve you if you registered and I haven't added you yet.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2011, 05:05:32 pm by Paul »
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

Empty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Shores of Hazeron - Starborn Dominion
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2011, 10:11:03 am »

Does the game still suffer from horrible horrible lag?

Imofexios

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2011, 10:28:36 am »

It is better but not perfect.

Detrevni|inverteD

• Bay Watcher
  • Sometimes you have to step back to appreciate art.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2011, 10:31:10 am »

How much so?
Last time I tried to play (Before the reset) I could barely walk around.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2011, 11:04:16 am »

Lag is very much better. There is a problem with bein unable to walk for a period of time(almost everything else seems to work, including animals eating your face), but so far, this seems to be an issue with processing Log messages.

Haxus said he'd fix it Monday.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Cheese

• Bay Watcher
  • 99% Dairy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2011, 11:15:24 am »

From the looks of it, the population seems to have gone from an average of 30-50 to an average of 2 people online at any one time.

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2011, 11:26:01 am »

Whered you get that from? There has been a steady 40+ since the reset, 44 on right now.
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

Red

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2011, 11:32:24 am »

Yea, its been at least 30-40 people most of the time.

Cheese

• Bay Watcher
  • 99% Dairy
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2011, 11:57:24 am »

Wow.. a couple weeks back there were 2 people online. And whenever I checked for a few months before that.

SolarShado

• Bay Watcher
  • Psi-Blade => Your Back
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2011, 12:11:32 pm »

Posting mostly to follow thread.

I might get back into this eventually... It was fun for a while, but I started getting bored after I colonized my moon...
Avid (rabid?) Linux user. Preferred flavor: Arch

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2011, 12:13:02 pm »

Posting to follow.
Argh.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Grax

• Bay Watcher
  • The Only.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2011, 01:15:33 pm »

Can't play. It always crashes with tens of error popups after i click on "create empire race" or at when i click "join existing empire".
I've tried every way of installing and reinstalling and repairing all of my win32 upgrades like c++, .net, directx, opengl and other. Nothing made it start normal.

It always fail to compile shaders, "fcloudlayer.cg" and other.
Finis sanctificat media.

Grax

• Bay Watcher
  • The Only.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2011, 01:22:51 pm »

And those f*cking 5-megabyte PNGs in webpages.
Finis sanctificat media.

Grax

• Bay Watcher
  • The Only.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2011, 01:29:39 pm »

So the problem with shaders are because of graphic card or its drivers.

But Witcher, Two Worlds2, Civ5, and other new games are working normally.
So... i suspect there's a problem in game developers' hands.
Finis sanctificat media.

Deus ex Machina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2011, 01:34:31 pm »

Grax, is your avatar half of the SS symbol?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 50