Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]

Author Topic: Star Wars Galaxies Emulator  (Read 23671 times)

Imofexios

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars Galaxies Emulator
« Reply #135 on: June 25, 2013, 11:07:20 am »

I am so confused, just shooting animals and doing missions really :)

Vactor

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^ DF 1.0 ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: June 25, 2013, 11:11:07 am »

I am so confused, just shooting animals and doing missions really :)

This is 95% of the content that the original game provided.  Most of the game beyond this is driven by the player economy.  There were a few dungeons to raid, but most of the loot is feeding back into the crafting economy.
Wreck of Theseus: My 2D Roguelite Mech Platformer
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=141525.0

My AT-ST spore creature http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0btwvL9CNlA

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 25, 2013, 11:51:17 am »

All of the classes are not finished as far as I am aware. It's at a great state right now and I get lag free performance from NYC.
Only a simple mind can be certain.

Kaje

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: June 25, 2013, 11:55:15 am »

I can't wait for them to get to a stage where they've implemented everything the game had to offer prior to closing, and then get to work on new bits and bobs (capital ships, anyone?).

Loved SWG and was very sad to see it close, a superb platform for roleplaying.

Linenoise

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: June 25, 2013, 12:00:33 pm »

You don't need to buy a copy. In fact, I had a friend(from another bay, one filled with pirates) loan me a copy. I originally owned a copy years ago, but when Sony turned it's back on us I threw it away.

So how would one go about playing this if they do not have a copy? I read on the FAQ that you needed to buy a cope in order to get the launcher. Is there a way to get this without having to buy from Ebay or Amazon? I used to have a CD but I've moved twice since then and it probably got tossed in the trash given the fate of SWG. :)

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: June 25, 2013, 12:09:04 pm »

I can't wait for them to get to a stage where they've implemented everything the game had to offer prior to closing NGE, and then get to work on new bits and bobs (capital ships, anyone?).

Loved SWG and was very sad to see it close, a superb platform for roleplaying.
Agreed, but fixed.

Kaje

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: June 25, 2013, 01:07:23 pm »

You don't need to buy a copy. In fact, I had a friend(from another bay, one filled with pirates) loan me a copy. I originally owned a copy years ago, but when Sony turned it's back on us I threw it away.

So how would one go about playing this if they do not have a copy? I read on the FAQ that you needed to buy a cope in order to get the launcher. Is there a way to get this without having to buy from Ebay or Amazon? I used to have a CD but I've moved twice since then and it probably got tossed in the trash given the fate of SWG. :)

If you've bought the game in the past, there are ways you would be able to obtain a copy by using things normally associated with rum drinking beardy men with eye patches.

I bought a copy, plus JTL, when they came out - I have since lost the disks and obtained my copy that way.

joemoben

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 25, 2013, 02:43:45 pm »

Just to let anyone know, there is no pet or droid AI yet, so don't head down those trees.

Also,we should probably pick a system and a planet to play on. I'm all for Tatooine at the moment, but any server is fine.
Something about this game makes me wonder why God lets it exist.
Say, if you give birth on a ranch and then murder your baby will a corpse drop be guaranteed?

Exerosp

• Bay Watcher
  • Not Caught Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: June 25, 2013, 03:27:20 pm »

http://www.swgemu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75 - That's pretty much what they've done and not done :P pretty much everything was boldly red two years ago, and they implemented a new code in august last year speeding things up.

I'm having a problem with resetting my password though... and I think I need to mail support about enabling this IP. So if you guys have moved since you guys played this game, contact support.

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: June 25, 2013, 10:44:50 pm »

Tried it. Rolled an Artisan character on tatooine because the player run economy interests me. Took a mission to find steel.  An hour+ later I had 100 steel but couldn't figure out how much the mission wanted or where/how to turn it in, so I abandoned it and went looking for chemicals to just start crafting stuff. Logged off after there wasn't any in easy reach.

Outside of town is big. But empty. Help menu isn't that helpful. So far I'm still on the fence. Tomorrow I'll look for more information and maybe actually accomplish something.

Say hey if you see Vrrael.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: June 26, 2013, 06:35:39 pm »

Look like we have mutual friends! Alway sglad to know :)
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: June 26, 2013, 06:47:50 pm »

I've been playing a marksman a bit (not that I got much done since last post). If we do some teaming up, we might be able to actually get something done. Maybe I'll start a new thread. I'll also have to try playing as an artisan, so there's something for me to do other than get killed by kreetles that respawn way too fast.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: June 26, 2013, 06:55:56 pm »

I'm trying to find time to play this but beta 3 for Wildstar just dropped and I barely had any time before that as it was. This emu is in great shape though and worth a look for anyone interested in a true sandbox. You will have to look up old guides and the emu forum as well though if you didn't play originally.
Only a simple mind can be certain.

joemoben

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: June 26, 2013, 07:16:22 pm »

Generally if you want to kill much of anything as a class that is neither the brawler or the marksman, go to one of those trainer and pick up the first perk of the brawler or marksman, depending on your choice of weapon. Helps a huge amount.
Something about this game makes me wonder why God lets it exist.
Say, if you give birth on a ranch and then murder your baby will a corpse drop be guaranteed?
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]