Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12

Author Topic: Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad - Rising Storm banzai charges your HDD  (Read 24843 times)

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad - Loyal soldiers get 20% off!
« Reply #120 on: September 15, 2011, 05:39:15 pm »

Suppression occurs for no apparent reason when nobody is shooting at me.

Already explained. When your whole team in MP is losing badly, you start getting suppressed easier and staying suppressed longer. It's slightly off in that, if someone a floor above you in a building shoot, you might suffer suppression for it, momentarily. Considering all the system is doing, it's working fairly well, sometimes too well, and still needs some polish.

I've actually had this glitch in the beta as well as the full release. I'll be walking along, or just otherwise minding my own business, and my suppression meter will just empty out instantly and stay that way until I die. Sometimes it switches between being completely full or empty sporadically despite not being in any combat whatsoever (at spawn, for example)

I'm just assuming it's some kind of bug.

Respawn system constantly gives me people standing on a grenade/bleeding out/standing with their back to enemy in close combat.

Are you talking the campaign or MP? Because in the campaign, you _respawn as one of the bots_. If they were standing next to a German, had their back to them, or were bleeding out when you died.......that's what you get.

I think it would be better if when waiting to respawn clicking the mouse buttons or movement keys cycles through remaining squad members so you end up with the one you want. The first mission I got stuck with marksmen for pretty much the whole match.

Also, I want my damn 38 please

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: September 15, 2011, 06:21:35 pm »

I've actually had this glitch in the beta as well as the full release. I'll be walking along, or just otherwise minding my own business, and my suppression meter will just empty out instantly and stay that way until I die. Sometimes it switches between being completely full or empty sporadically despite not being in any combat whatsoever (at spawn, for example)

I haven't experienced this one more than one time during beta I think, but it was happening to my friend last night more than once. Like I said, sometimes it goes into overdrive, I suspect as part of the map balance, reinforcement differences or who has what objective.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 03, 2011, 07:56:16 pm »

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=68644

So if you're taken a few steps back from the game because of the bugs and what not, a fairly big update is on the way. If you've also been curious about how well RO2 has been doing since its (now Dev confirmed) rocky release....well, there's some of that too.

Quote from: Ramm
Red Orchestra 2 - The State of the Game

By most business measures Red Orchestra 2 has been a smashing success for Tripwire Interactive. Within 2 days of the launch of Red Orchestra 2 it had surpassed the lifetime revenue of the original Red Orchestra that has been selling for over 5 years. The pre-sales and launch week sales of the game broke all company records even beating out our hit game Killing Floor by a three times margin. And Red Orchestra 2 has quickly established itself as one of the most played games on Steam. But for all of this success we've not done as well as we would have liked in the most important area to us - the happiness of all of our customers. To put it bluntly the game had a rough launch. We've been working diligently since launch to get these issues sorted and have made great progress fixing issues with matchmaking, VOIP, and stability as well as improving performance. The final major area that we've been working on is stats, player progression, and ranking.

We believe we have all of the major issues worked out with the stats system and are rolling out an update soon that should address these issues. Due to the problems with stats and players either earning stats and achievements that they didn't actually earn or earning stats at many times the intended rate we are going to have to do a global reset of all stats for the game. This means all achievements, stats and player progression will be rolled back as if all players were new. This was not an easy decision for us to make, but one we felt we needed to do to preserve the integrity of the stats and ranking system, and to provide all of the players the best experience with the game over the long term. Knowing that there are people that have been playing the game for a few weeks now and will lose the stats for that time we are going to provide a special bonus to all players. For a limited time all players will earn double experience in Red Orchestra 2. Additionally, we going to give all players that own the game before the reset a special achievement called "In B4 Reset". Right now this is just an achievement, but we're going to be looking at ways to give special rewards to the players that have this achievement in the future.

Thank you to all of the players that have made Red Orchestra 2 a hit so far. We've got a lot of exciting things in store with free content coming for the game so stay tuned for news on that.
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 03, 2011, 09:32:05 pm »

I kinda hope that that stuff applies to me. I haven't been able to play recently because my computer is glitching out and stuff.

Also, from what I can tell, many people are complaining more about how to gameplay works rather than stat progression and stuff. I do think the squad system needs to be reworked so that there aren't so many automatic weapons around.

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #124 on: October 04, 2011, 07:02:04 am »

By the way, I bit the bullet and bought it at getgamesgo.com, for $25. It gives you a code that unlocks on Steam, and everything worked wonderfully.

Since I'm on a crappy laptop, I did a million tweaks that make the game look like RO1, but at least it plays at decent fps :)

My experience so far is that the game is awesome. It plays faster than the sluggish RO1, which I felt was too sluggish. One thing I preferred in RO1 was suppression. Here, it's coded in, whereas back in RO1 it just happened because of all the effects of when bullets were passing over your head. I don't really understand how it affects you now. Anyway, it has a couple of bugs, but the cover system has worked fine for me so far. I've experienced one or two more serious glitches, but in general the game is definitely playable and interesting. One of the bugs was that I got insta-bumped to lvl 99 after a few minutes of play. This sucked big time, but I am looking forward to the stats reset and patch :)

I just wonder how soon is soon ;)
« Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 12:33:01 pm by Anvilfolk »

Charmander

• Bay Watcher
  • [!!TAIL!!]
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: October 04, 2011, 09:17:55 am »

I am the worst Wehrmacht soldier.

So bad.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 04, 2011, 10:36:56 am »

From what I gather the stat fixes are already live on the beta test servers and are working. So hopefully we're not waiting too long.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: November 29, 2011, 04:08:16 am »

Just wanted to resurrect this thread to rage.

I really like this game, but when my ping gets me session banned for speed hacking... gah. It seems to be a pretty unique problem, I haven't encountered it anywhere else. I wonder why it happens here?

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 25, 2012, 02:56:34 am »

Huhm, I haven't actually played this game since it was released. Perhaps it's time to give it another shot.

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
« Reply #130 on: May 25, 2012, 02:57:54 am »

The game is alright now, Ive been having a lot of fun lately. The new classic mode sounds interesting.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 03:31:46 am by Johuotar »
[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SLARK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 25, 2012, 03:28:18 am »

Huhm, I haven't actually played this game since it was released. Perhaps it's time to give it another shot.

Same that's pretty much what I did when I saw this patch thing, got on a realism server, was fantastic.

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
« Reply #132 on: May 25, 2012, 03:33:06 am »

Yeah the beginning was rocky but it started working eventually. It still has some weird problems but I havent encountered anything that would stop me from playing.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: May 25, 2012, 08:48:17 am »

The big reason I stopped playing RO2 is servers were half empty and populated by bots. Is that still the case or have many of TWI's wayward children come back to them?

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
« Reply #134 on: May 25, 2012, 09:08:05 am »

Bots? There are no bots if you got to the right servers. I havent played with bots at all.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12