Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12

Author Topic: Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad - Rising Storm banzai charges your HDD  (Read 24969 times)

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
Re: Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad - Loyal soldiers get 20% off!
« Reply #150 on: May 26, 2012, 01:33:48 pm »

You'll probably hate it this weekend. I've been trying to play, but Apartments has broken my will. It's the kind of map where every russian should just hug the wall of the 1st objectives and take them. Because everyone is so new, I've seen the timer run out before taking the first objectives. They just keep running right past the wall... and dying.

Also, if you keep displacing, Grain Elevator can be quite awesome for MGers because of their ability to snipe. You can see all the way across to the building where germans spawn, and get quite a few of them as they come, or as they peek out windows. Just keep moving floors and it'll be hard for them to find you.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: May 26, 2012, 02:49:52 pm »

You'll probably hate it this weekend. I've been trying to play, but Apartments has broken my will. It's the kind of map where every russian should just hug the wall of the 1st objectives and take them. Because everyone is so new, I've seen the timer run out before taking the first objectives. They just keep running right past the wall... and dying.

*has flashbacks to release week*

*chugs vodka to kill the memories*
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Yodamaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: May 26, 2012, 10:03:26 pm »

I think I'll buy it. For 10 bucks it's a lot of fun.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: May 27, 2012, 01:03:13 am »

I caved in and just bought it with 30 mins to go before the deal would end.

Won't be able to play it until probably Monday evening, but anyone wanna team up and teach this noob some lessons?
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: May 27, 2012, 01:21:33 am »

I caved in and just bought it with 30 mins to go before the deal would end.

Won't be able to play it until probably Monday evening, but anyone wanna team up and teach this noob some lessons?
30 minutes to go? It still says 34 hours here.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: September 06, 2012, 09:31:32 am »

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/09/06/weather-or-not-tripwire-show-off-rising-storm/

For those still playing or interested in playing, Rising Storm, the expansion to RO2: HoS will be dropping sometime this year. Linked is a 9 minute video with the lead developer, as he shows off 4 or 5 maps and some of the army-specific features and weapons.

Rising Storm is a standalone expansion. That said, anyone who buys it will also get access to the full RO2 multiplayer, with all its maps. Basically, if you buy RS, you're getting Heroes of Stalingrad as well, minus the (completely redundant) single player campaigns.
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
Re: Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad - Rising Storm coming soon
« Reply #156 on: September 06, 2012, 01:15:56 pm »

If they're doing that they might as well offer a discounted price for RO: HoS owners ;)

Good grief, my computer is totally not gonna handle all the vegetation. It barely handled the HoS... the added gameplay mechanics seem pretty nice, except for the putting grenades on the ground.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: September 06, 2012, 03:14:36 pm »

Yeah, I'm kind of shocked at the vegetation levels. They knew that was going to be a sticking point in performance but it looks like they dove right in. Seems to play pretty well in their demo, at least.

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: April 04, 2013, 02:25:41 pm »

There's a free weekend for this on Steam, it's 85% off, AND they released a big map-pack for free as well :)

Tripwire is one of those devs that are worth supporting!

Spaghetti7

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam ID: wavy shapes dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: April 04, 2013, 02:55:36 pm »

There's a free weekend for this on Steam, it's 85% off, AND they released a big map-pack for free as well :)

Tripwire is one of those devs that are worth supporting!
Jeez, that's cheap. I do want... I do want indeed... Now to try to source a whole 2 pounds.
That's nothing. I had something mate with a pile of dead meat.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: April 04, 2013, 02:58:57 pm »

It should be noted they delayed Rising Storm to this year. I believe it's supposed to be out early Summer, now.

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: April 05, 2013, 04:24:04 am »

Like someone said earlier, I think that if you own RO2, you'll get a discount :) Also, if you just buy Rising Storm, you'll get the original RO2 :)

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: April 05, 2013, 07:29:22 am »

If for some reason a couple bucks is too expensive, you can get it slightly cheaper with a copy of the original RO for a dollar (or 2.90 with a copy of Killing Floor with all the DLC)

http://www.humblebundle.com/weekly

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: April 05, 2013, 09:14:08 am »

I thought RS was supposed to be free for anyone playing the base game.

I can only imagine the rage over at the TWI forums if the fans who loathe TWI now find out they would have to pay for RS.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: April 05, 2013, 04:05:22 pm »

If I remember what Tripwire said while RO2 was still in development, they said that they were letting the RS team work on a mod, and if it was high enough quality it would be something you paid for and the money would go to the RS team to help them get into game development much in a similar way Tripwire got into game development.

For those who don't know, Tripwire won one of those Unreal tournaments (hahaha) wherein the team with the best mod would get a license to the Unreal engine and a load of money to creat etheir own game. The mod that won that contest was Red Orchestra, and Tripwire was formed, after which they created Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45, and Killing Floor afterwards.

I wish that RO2 stuck with some of its roots and made RO2 a more 'varied' game instead of sticking it solely in Stalingrad. One of the cool things about RO:OST is that battles take place in different locations at different parts of the war, so an early war map might have you facing really crappy tanks pretty much left over from WWI, but at Königsplatz you would be facing off against tiger tanks and more advanced weaponry. What they did get out of sticking with just Stalingrad was more attention to detail for that particular area... but I still believe it made the game suffer as a whole.

Oh, ranking up to unlock stuff wasn't something I was a fan of in that game, and neither was giving just about everyone but 4 guys an auto or semi-auto, making bolt-action rifles nearly useless/'extinct'.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12