Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12

Author Topic: Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad - Rising Storm banzai charges your HDD  (Read 25005 times)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Re: Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad - Loyal soldiers get 20% off!
« Reply #90 on: September 01, 2011, 10:47:52 pm »

I honestly don't think a simple rifleman could have done what I did there in the Propoganda House, the bolting action is just way too long, and I was running into 2+ guys at a time who, luckily, kept coming up a set of stairs and firing at another player off to my side first. Doing this like three times in a row with an elite rifle, I mowed down probably 6 to 8 guys. And another 4 or 5 running into the Propoganda House from the outside.

Basically there's no way I'll fight over that thing without a semi-automatic or full auto weapon. Guys just keep coming in non-stop from either side. On the plus side, if a whole bunch of guys have died in there, you can just pick up someone's SMG or Elite Rifle yourself.

Compared to the maps I've played from RO, FallenFighters is a lot more of an RO1 style map. It's really open, lots of places to go prone, and lots of overlooking buildings. I don't do nearly as well on that map, mostly because I can't engage anyone without getting my face blown off by a sniper. On normal realism mode where people's names don't show up....you're 50/50 as likely to shoot a teammate out trying to cap a point as you are an enemy, because you honestly can't tell at that range.

So Apartments (and I'm guessing the farm map that they rotated out of beta) play a lot more like CoD, where other maps like FF are for people who just want to sit back and shoot their rifle. I'm not really a fan of the game at those engagement distances....way too much eye strain trying to see 2 pixels worth of movement. I'd rather be shooting at people across the street in Apartments....not across a football field in FallenFighters.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2011, 10:59:15 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SLARK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 02, 2011, 08:00:37 am »

It's a great game but yeah it has it's bugs, plus the things like leveling and weapon advancement aren't implemented yet technically.

I had that disappearing gun glitch too, If you try reloading a bolt action when you have no ammo left it just glitches the fuck out and then I couldn't even switch to anything else.
I just wish they would put the MG42s in the game, because it was proven that they were around at the time.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 02, 2011, 04:45:34 pm »

I ended up getting the glitch too, finally, although only twice in several hours of game. I think I solved it by throwing down my weapon and picking it up again. Funny, I seem to remember this same sort of problem from KF.

PS- New maps coming to beta today or very soon.

Quote from: Tripwire
    Grain Elevator - the iconic battle site in the south of Stalingrad featuring long range infantry fighting outdoors and room to room close quarters combat inside
    Red October Factory - night-time fighting in the factory ruins on an epic scale with infantry and tanks fighting side by side
    Barracks - a mix of close-quarter and medium-range combat, sure to be a fan favorite

All 3 maps will have both Territory and Countdown game modes, while Barracks also has the Firefight mode.

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=59483
« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 04:47:05 pm by nenjin »
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 02, 2011, 05:04:50 pm »

Awesome, I've been really wanting to try grain elevator since that seems to be the one map they seemed to be real proud of.

Mr. Boh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 02, 2011, 09:33:00 pm »

Yeah, I'm excited for Grain Elevator too.

I'm having a lot of fun with the beta, bugs aside. Firefight mode is terrible, though.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 02, 2011, 10:00:25 pm »

I find FF to be really frustrating. Like, why bother frustrating. If you're not picked off immediately making your way up, some lone German is making their way up your flank to kill your whole FT. Or you spend 4 minutes going up the flank to be anonymously sniped. At least with Apartments I feel like I can do something. FF just seems to encourage all the behavior that the top shooter then bitch about. "Everyone just sits in the buildings."

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SLARK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 02, 2011, 10:03:32 pm »

"Everyone just sits in the buildings."

Welcome to stalingrad.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 13, 2011, 04:04:42 pm »

Game should be unlocking any minute now. The wait for this has been keeeeeeellllllling me.

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #98 on: September 13, 2011, 04:53:18 pm »

The game is SUPER cheap over here: http://www.getgamesgo.com/product/red-orchestra-2-heroes-of-stalingrad

I think I'm going to wait until it's that cheap or cheaper and then buy it from Steam. I hate having games from all over the place...

deadpool

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 13, 2011, 05:12:55 pm »

The game is SUPER cheap over here: http://www.getgamesgo.com/product/red-orchestra-2-heroes-of-stalingrad

I think I'm going to wait until it's that cheap or cheaper and then buy it from Steam. I hate having games from all over the place...
Is that site secure ? I mean I havent heard about that site . Have you ever purchased anything from there ? btw thanks for link its really super cheap .

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 13, 2011, 05:16:10 pm »

Just got home from work, this game is going to make the wait worth it.

And if it doesn't, I will wait until they patch it a few times =p

EDIT: Anyone interested in watching me stream?
« Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 05:26:04 pm by OzyTheSage »

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 14, 2011, 04:32:13 am »

Wish the game played a little better. Half of the night the lag on some maps was so crippling it made it hard to play a match.

And secondly, the game is good but damn, half of the bugs in beta didn't get fixed even with a pre-release-day-zero-patch. Mouse freaking out on respawn and spamming input to your game, map voting being completely buggy and half of servers only showing the last 4 maps from beta...(I suspect some people didn't really update their servers.)

That said once we started finding decent servers it was pretty good. The Red Army....damn they get the short end of the stick in so many matches. Spartanovka is just murder, pure murder, on the Russian side.

Really hoping they put in another hard two weeks of bug crushing, optimization and tweaking, because the game is a lot of fun. It was a pretty ragged release day though. Which isn't unusual for Tripwire.

Tnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 14, 2011, 10:32:32 am »

Ah man, I filed a steam ticket to return it when I saw that deal for the game for 10 bucks cheaper on Slickdeals... but I caved in and played it last night.  Amazing game!

I had one possible bug where I spawned right into a group of 3 germans, I melee'd them all but I'm pretty sure I wasn't supposed to spawn there.  Also the PPSH is an awesome gun, love flanking and killing riflemen/snipers in the back.

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #103 on: September 14, 2011, 12:34:41 pm »

Yeap, appears legit, and apparently activates on Steam!... I have some travelling I need to do, so I'm going to wait until some promotion later on. Damn... looking forward to it though :)

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 14, 2011, 05:31:32 pm »

Even with the 2 week delay they probably released it a little early. It's nothing I'm not used to by now though, thanks to Bohemia Interactive.

In a few months the game will be way more amazing... at least, that's what I think.

Might do another stream today... maybe.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12