Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: What's the difference between raw folders / mod not applying itself  (Read 467 times)

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile

I'm trying to apply a little mod to get rid of the numerous spider webs hanging around the caverns (right now, thread lags the stocks screen more than stone does). I added [BOILING_POINT:9900] underneath the [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:SILK:SILK_TEMPLATE] tag, but nothing happened. So I tried altering the display tile and speed of the dwarves. Nothing happened.

The save loads from the folder 'Region3', and all the raws I've been altering are in 'Region3'.

I thought the raws in the main DF folder were used only for generating worlds, and once that happened the save folder got its own set of raws to use?
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's the difference between raw folders / mod not applying itself
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2011, 09:20:17 pm »

You're correct. It's possible that you can't define a boiling point again after one has already been defined (except perhaps with another tag; check whatever dragons use to change their material properties).

Regarding dwarf tiles, do you have creature graphics turned on? Because that would certainly do it.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

dree12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2011, 09:26:53 pm »

You must restart DF if you have not yet done that. Elsewise, it should work.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2011, 10:12:00 pm »

No graphics, and graphics shouldn't affect a change from [SPEED:900] to [SPEED:0] anyway. (I use that one as a check to see if a mod's even functioning at all.)
I've been shutting down DF in between editing attempts.

Okay, found the problem. I removed the exotic tags from animals using a search-and-replace utility, and the backups were still in with the .txt files. Took those out, and poof!, no more silk.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.