Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Suggestion: Sleeper mechanics  (Read 788 times)

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
  • Fighting for Elite Liberal values since 2009!
    • View Profile
Suggestion: Sleeper mechanics
« on: January 06, 2011, 07:30:48 am »

Current sleeper mechanics aren't bad, but they make sleepers a rather distant part of the active LCS, with very little interaction between the two. I suggest that in addition to having a personal infiltration%, each site would have its own infiltration%, representing the overall success of liberals compromising the site without making the conservatives suspicious. Having a high site infiltration would provide bonuses for raiding liberals, while the personal infiltration would, like it does now, aid the sleeper in embezzlement etc, as well as providing powerful one-shot effects in exchange for site infiltration.

Site infiltration be initialized at 0% and will rise very slowly if one has sleepers on the site, but inifiltration can be accelerated to 3-5% a month by having multiple sleepers actively survey the site. Site raiding slows the increase, maybe even decreasing infiltration if done frequently enough. Possible effects for site infiltration, just a draft:

Any sleeper on site: Sitemap without specials and loot
5%: Front door unlocked
10%: Loot placed on sitemap
20%: Specials placed on sitemap
30%: Exaggeration: Raid effects increased
40%: All doors unlocked
50%: Sensible excuses: Disguises receive a slight boost
60%: Can start fire in exchange of 10% site infiltration, fire will be created in 1-3 random rooms in the beginning of the next raid targeting the site
70%: Can relax security on site in exchange of 15% site infiltration, less armed and suspicious conservatives during the next raid
80%: Blatant exaggeration: Raid effects increased further
90%: Site evacuation takes longer to kick in, all normal sleeper activities boosted
100%: SITE TAKEOVER! The sleepers will prepare a takeover operation, which will be carried out by the next squad raiding the site. From this point forward, the site is a special safehouse, and will remain one until there is no one there to defend it. As long as you control the site, political damage related to the site is dealt to the conservatives. The site will be left destroyed when the takeover squad leaves, and it will take a few weeks for the conservatives to reopen it. The takeover will assure the conservatives that there were sleepers in the facility, so you'll lose almost all site infiltration on that site.
Try Liberal Crime Squad, an excellent Liberal Crime adventure game by Toady One and the open source community!
LCS in SourceForge - LCS Wiki - Forum thread for 4.04

Jetman123

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Bauxite Turbojet!!
    • View Profile
Re: Suggestion: Sleeper mechanics
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2011, 12:57:09 pm »

Oh god, do I ever support this. It'd be completely awesome to turn the Cable News Station into a fortress overnight and watch as the national guard siege the building while we repel several attacks before finally either succumbing or fighting off one last attack and then booking it.
When dwarves want to commit suicide, then by Armok, they _will_ commit suicide, even if they have to spend the rest of their lives working at it!

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2011, 02:01:13 pm »

Simply: Yes.

One thing, if we take over a radio or TV station, we should be allowed to have "Liberal AM" and "The Liberal Show"

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2011, 02:09:58 pm »

Naturally, yes! Actually, the Liberal radio station "FM radio" is mentioned in one of the news stories, perhaps that could be expanded somehow too...
Try Liberal Crime Squad, an excellent Liberal Crime adventure game by Toady One and the open source community!

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2011, 05:38:38 pm »

I know it would be more work, but honestly I would like site specific sleeper actions. While everyone should have a general list of things they can do, I keep wanting an immersion reason for putting that conservative sleeper at the juice bar, or a janitor at the police station.

I don't oppose your idea at all, a nice set of general perks sleepers off would be nice. But I'd like to see the site specific ones as well, probably as the higher end options.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2011, 07:03:50 pm »

You should make a thread for it, for more specific discussion.
*Hugs*

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2011, 03:55:23 am »

Well, any improvement is welcome, but I'd like something that directly connects sleeper activity to the active squad, as sleepers are currently very passive. No doubt there's a better system than mine for that, if someone dares to post it!