Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Juice Earning Actions for Sleepers?  (Read 714 times)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Juice Earning Actions for Sleepers?
« on: January 04, 2011, 07:31:14 pm »

Thought I saw this in another thread but I couldn't find it.

I assume the only actions which produce juice for sleepers are ones that entail risk? Espionage, embezzlement, sabotage ect....? I thought I recall seeing somewhere that advocating liberalism or just laying low was supposed to produce at least some juice?
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Juice Earning Actions for Sleepers?
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2011, 07:59:35 pm »

Advocating liberalism's benefit is, well, advocating liberalism.  Laying low raises effectiveness by 1% per month (if you're playing a very long game this might be more useful, though trying to raise a fellow up from 28% to 100% is going to take you six years).

But yes, only the risky endeavours are exciting enough to juice them up.  Interestingly, I've also seen their juice drop during espionage when they've gone a long time without getting anything interesting.  Better saved for the more influential ones.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2011, 08:03:04 pm »

Much obliged.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2011, 09:17:13 pm »

Advocating liberalism's benefit is, well, advocating liberalism.  Laying low raises effectiveness by 1% per month (if you're playing a very long game this might be more useful, though trying to raise a fellow up from 28% to 100% is going to take you six years).

But yes, only the risky endeavours are exciting enough to juice them up.  Interestingly, I've also seen their juice drop during espionage when they've gone a long time without getting anything interesting.  Better saved for the more influential ones.

I've tried to improve the sleeper/juice system so many times that I can't even remember how it works. It's nice to read a post that makes it sound very sensible and not broken.  :o