Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: A quick question for a newbie  (Read 836 times)

Heroofclowns

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
A quick question for a newbie
« on: January 04, 2011, 11:35:19 pm »

Hi guys! Wow, what an amazingly fun game LCS is. Its funny, weird and totally a blast. I have a quick question though, how can you run it in fullscreen?

I have bad eyesite so I have trouble sometimes trying to train my eyes on the game while playing it in its normal resolution. Normally all I have to do is press alt+enter and that will maximize a game, but for this one I've had no luck. Can I play it in fullscreen? Also, my windows version is Windows 7 if thats of any help.

Thanks for any ideas, and also thanks for such a fun interesting game.

Toksyuryel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A quick question for a newbie
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2011, 11:09:03 am »

Unfortunately the game has a fixed screen size. You'll have to reduce your screen resolution or use some kind of screen zoom function to make it bigger.

Blighted

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2011, 12:33:24 pm »

On  my system (which is XP), I change the font size of the command window that the application is running in and then save it. By changing the font size to a suitably large value, I nearly get it to run full screen (it is very much bigger at least).

Not sure if this works for Windows 7, but it is worth a try.

Blighted

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
  • Fighting for Elite Liberal values since 2009!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2011, 06:23:33 am »

Blighted's suggestion has worked for me on various applications, no reason why it wouldn't work here. I think it's possible to get it to run full screen from the command window menu as well, but at least you'll get to enlarge the font to a more readable size. Enjoy the game!
Try Liberal Crime Squad, an excellent Liberal Crime adventure game by Toady One and the open source community!
LCS in SourceForge - LCS Wiki - Forum thread for 4.04

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2011, 04:10:45 pm »

If you don't know how to do it.

Press "start->run", then in the appeared window type "cmd", then in the appeared window navigate to the crimesquad.exe and launch it. I hope you know how to operate DOS.

A few tips.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Now, to change the font click on that small icon in the top left corner of the window and select "properties":

Ignore the "right click", it is "left click".
In the properties on the font tab you can set the font size to a big one.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 04:12:58 pm by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository