Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Crystal Glass - any temporary fixes?  (Read 1391 times)

Farmerbob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Crystal Glass - any temporary fixes?
« on: January 06, 2011, 09:00:10 pm »

Does andone have some sort of fix to make crystal glass work?

I've looked for glass raws for any type of glass, and see none.  I think the glass data is somewhere that the casual editor of raw files can't get to.

Basically I have sand, ash, potash, pearlash, raw green and cut green glass, raw clear and cut clear glass, and raw crystal glass bought from traders.

I have not yet found rock crystal on my map if it exists at all.  (I don't use mods)

I have legendary stonecutters and glassmakers and jewelers of both skills.  I have kilns, furnaces, and jewel and stone crafting areas, but I cannot manually create anything made of crystal glass.

One thing I have noticed is that "raw green glass" and "raw clear glass" always appears with no parenthesis around it in the bins in the gem stockpile, while "(raw crystal glass)" from traders always appears as I noted in quotes.

Do the parenthesis mean something?

Yes, I've posted the fact that this bug still exists to the Mantis bug tracker, but I'm hoping for a fix before the end of a mandate.  I'll play straight through if I don't get a fix by tomorrow, but it's kind of irritating that the last caged criminal died of thirst despite there being at least 1 dwarf that had only feed and water tasks enabled.  Perhaps another bug.
How did I miss the existence of this thread?
(Don't attempt to answer that.  Down that path lies ... well I was going to say madness but you all run towards madness as if it was made from chocolate and puppies.  Just forget I said anything.)

Skid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Crystal Glass - any temporary fixes?
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2011, 09:05:37 pm »

The parenthesis mean that the object is traded for and won't be counted into fortress wealth.
Playing a cheesemaker in an average Fortress 'round here would be. Freaking. Terrifying.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2011, 09:17:55 pm »

It isn't a bug. Crystal glass requires a rough rock crystal and pearlash. All glass types aer hardcoded. You can either change an existing reaction to give you free rough rock crystals, or (to fulfill mandates) you can cut the (raw crystal glass) you have into cut crystal glass gems. I believe you have to use the {j}ob {m}anager to order the work done (I know you need to for clear glass due to a bug, not sure about crystal).

If you want to go the modding route, add the following line to any reaction you don't use, and (optionally, but recommended) remove the reagents and [FUEL] token, if any:

[PRODUCT:100:1:ROUGH:NO_SUBTYPE:INORGANIC:CRYSTAL_ROCK]

The cyan number can be changed to change how many pieces are produced from running the reaction once.

Make sure you do this in the save's raws.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 09:21:55 pm by Urist Imiknorris »
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

veok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2011, 01:56:12 am »

It isn't a bug.

However, you're wrong. Even with Rock Crystal, trying to create the crystal glass cancels the task with "Could not find reagent: Rock Crystal" or whatever the syntax is.

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼sperm whale leather thong☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2011, 03:31:23 am »

Urist McGlassmaker cancels Make crystal glass X: Requires crystal glassable item.
くコ:彡

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2011, 11:22:42 am »

Oh wait, what? I haven't heard of that.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!