Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Lucid Dreaming and You- Too vivid to remember?  (Read 3995 times)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
Re: Lucid Dreaming and You- Too vivid to remember?
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2011, 05:44:39 pm »

What if you were having a non-lucid dream about lucid dreaming?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

atomicwinter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2011, 06:55:38 pm »

I often realise I'm dreaming but don't change anything. The problem is that I'm not sure if it's just a dream about lucid dreaming or genuine lucid dreaming. I'd imagine that's possible.
Same. It's just a dream about lucid dreaming. You will know when you Lucid Dream, it's a characteristic experience.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2011, 06:58:50 pm »

I don't dream.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2011, 09:54:53 pm »

I don't dream.
According to sciencetm everybody dreams. Not everybody remembers their dreams though.

My dogs dream, I see them "chasing rabbits", and Inu will growl in his sleep while Twizzle will do a sort of half-hearted woof, sometimes accompanied by whining (which worries me, they don't seem like nice dreams).

My cats dream, Sugar will meow quite loudly (which keeps putting me in a panic thinking she got left outside), and Olive will sometimes start writhing in her sleep and once or twice has even fallen off her chair.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2011, 10:08:17 pm »

Okay. I presumably dream, but I have never recalled a single one of them.

Also, you only dream in REM sleep.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2011, 10:41:54 pm »

Indeed. And if you weren't getting REM sleep, you would have died before you were a month old. REM sleep is vital to....something, we just don't quite know what. But we do know that not fulfilling whatever it is will cause increasingly vivid hallucinations in all of your senses, drive you insane, and kill you. In that order.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Kirbypowered

• Bay Watcher
  • Proficient Dabbler
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2011, 10:48:36 pm »

In most cases, I'd be on board with the "Everyone dreams" thing. However, sciencetm has actually found evidence that some people (person?) who had part of there brain blasted away from shrapnel of a grenade or some such stopped dreaming afterwards.

So yeah, unless you're missing a certain part of your brain, you likely dream. :P

Another note, from my days of looking up dream stuffs, you do actually dream in NREM sleep, but it's more emotion related and not very imagey, broken up and short. Also more connected to current things going on in you life at the time. It has been awhile since I read it, but that's what I got from it.

Finally, on the topic of lucid dreaming, I barely ever have a lucid dream, and the only times it seems to happen are when I'm not trying. First time I completely failed it after sticking my finger through my hand. Felt very...strange. Strange enough that I woke up immediately. The other time was rather boring and I stopped being lucid quickly. I keep a dream journal (that I've been rather slack on lately) and though it's usually filled with detailed dreams, often there are many short pieces recorded in it that I wrote while delirious from just waking up. It's usually absolutely hilarious to read them, especially when I don't even remember writing half of them.
THE WINTER MEN COME DOWN THE VALLEY AND KILL KILL KILL.
I'm voting for the Plaid Acre up next on COLORS AND MEASUREMENTS weekly.
Pages: 1 [2]