Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 283

Author Topic: When did ponies become awesome? What else have I missed? (take 2)  (Read 415030 times)

sgt0pimienta

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: When did ponies become awesome? What else have I missed? (take 2)
« Reply #1440 on: August 04, 2011, 09:58:16 pm »

IS THERE ANYONE SANE HERE!?
no seriously i thought the excess of ponny related images,avatars,merchandise,motivationals,gifs,etc. were a joke because of excesive lameness and cuteness but...now i come here and find out its because of increasing awesomeness!?

how did we get here,when did this start?everyone's infected...but it might be good so im going to look for episodes on youtube,anyway this is incresingly awkward
By:
Bdthemag

Great, now thanks to Bay12 im going to go out and buy an old journal just to write occult information in it and pretend to be insane.[quote

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1441 on: August 04, 2011, 10:18:21 pm »

You just got sigged, Akhier.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #1442 on: August 04, 2011, 10:49:45 pm »

Well it is how I feel about what he said. inteuniso basically asked why we liked something he didn't, even though all he has to go on is part of an episode that is part of a two part special where the first part is mostly just an introduction to the characters. Nothing really happens until the end of the episode besides the intros so its basically what could be called the world gen of a tv show.

@sgt0pimienta
   I will take your question in two parts. First the sanity one. You ask if any of us are sane on the internet and while I am sure there is someone sane out there I doubt its me or you so moving on. The spread of it started from what I hear on /co/ when someone important said the show was the end of something people there cared about so of course they went to check it out. They saw a show, that despite being target towards little girls, was actually better in both story and presentation then most other current television shows. It became quite popular there and as with anything on 4chan it spread to /b/ where a great number of people ended up seeing it causing it to spread to the internet in general. Being a legitimately good show a good number of the people who checked it out even if only for giggles ended up liking it and following it. Thus a large number of people where able to get exposed to something outside of what they normally would see and because it was actually well thought out and not just the usual garbage they try to market as a kids show nowadays they enjoyed it. The show might not be for everyone but its definitely for more people then what its marketed towards.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1443 on: August 05, 2011, 03:13:03 am »

And now, a random image dump.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
WARNING: Kind of... Strange, to say the least.
...And something that is truly terrifying, view at own risk.
Dear me, I need brain bleach just posting that last one.

Probably a bunch of reposts, but w/e.

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
« Reply #1444 on: August 05, 2011, 03:27:06 am »

I'm actually starting to be happy that my friends dont watch ponies so they dont link that crap to me. I just woke up and I was feeling good and now I got headache...

Isn't curiosity great?
[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1445 on: August 05, 2011, 03:28:55 am »

I'm actually starting to be happy that my friends dont watch ponies so they dont link that crap to me. I just woke up and I was feeling good and now I got headache...

Isn't curiosity great?
Well, I'm sorry about that.

If the last 3 gave you a headache, it's safe to say "I warned you."

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
« Reply #1446 on: August 05, 2011, 03:38:18 am »

Isn't curiosity great?
Well, I'm sorry about that.

If the last 3 gave you a headache, it's safe to say "I warned you."

There were two more? I'm curious again but I think I'll pass. I learned my lesson.
[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1447 on: August 05, 2011, 03:50:15 am »

The cupcakes one wasn't really that good. Dash is completely bound in the story. She wouldn't be able to spasm like that.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #1448 on: August 05, 2011, 04:20:24 am »

Ugh fine. I'm gonna go ahead and ask.

My daughter keeps trying to get me to watch this. Can anyone well... Hype me up for it? I don't wanna disappoint her if she wants me to see it with her and I can't make myself.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1449 on: August 05, 2011, 04:27:19 am »

The first spoiler of that image dump is full of adorableness.  <3

Janet, it really is fun.  And there's lots of ways to enjoy it anyways.  I mean, even by itself it has tons of value as a good cartoon like in the old days, it's basically a throwback to before Ren & Stimpy.  I think it's funny and cute, and not generally anvilicious (even if you can see a lot of stuff coming).

The animation is actually really good.  The rare full-cast musical numbers are pulled off surprisingly well.

The characters are honestly pretty well developed through the series and are a lot of fun, they do a good job of not being flat boring two-dimensional things.

And if that isn't good enough for you, there's always 1) creative but surprisingly valid re-interpretations (princess trollestia), or 2) shipping.

Watch the two-part pilot first (the first episode starts out a bit slow but it picks up real good), then it doesn't matter what order you see them in.  They weren't broadcast strictly chronologically anyway, it doesn't matter.

If you're anything like us, you might end up more excited to watch it than even your daughter.  :D
« Last Edit: August 05, 2011, 04:30:42 am by Sowelu »
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1450 on: August 05, 2011, 04:28:21 am »

Ugh fine. I'm gonna go ahead and ask.

My daughter keeps trying to get me to watch this. Can anyone well... Hype me up for it? I don't wanna disappoint her if she wants me to see it with her and I can't make myself.
Hype you up? What, you want us to list all the awesome things about it?

Ok, here goes:

Awesome animation.
Goddamn awesome writing.
Really, really good music.
Simple plots with hidden depths.
Characters with believable flaws and strengths (with any one characteristic often being both).

The show hits home runs in almost every category.

However, I must stress that some episodes do fall into "slightly above average" territory, so don't judge everything based off the first two episodes, or if you're watching a random one on TV and happen to see a dud.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #1451 on: August 05, 2011, 04:39:41 am »

If you're anything like us, you might end up more excited to watch it than even your daughter.  :D

Man I don't know. She's nuts about it. I suppose Ill give it a try... Monday I guess. Since I'm foreseeing a busy weekend what with people coming back from trips.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Farmerbob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1452 on: August 05, 2011, 05:04:03 am »

Man I don't know. She's nuts about it. I suppose Ill give it a try... Monday I guess. Since I'm foreseeing a busy weekend what with people coming back from trips.

Consider the audience here at this forum, then consider that there are people here who actually think the show is good.  Even though I haven't owned a TV since 1989 and rarely have any interest in downloading entertainment video media, I'd be willing to bet it's probably on par with something like Yogi Bear at worst, maybe approaching Foghorn Leghorn at best  :)  I doubt it gets anywhere close to  Bugs or Mickey (the good years) but from what I've been seeing here, I might be wrong.
How did I miss the existence of this thread?
(Don't attempt to answer that.  Down that path lies ... well I was going to say madness but you all run towards madness as if it was made from chocolate and puppies.  Just forget I said anything.)

FunctionZero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1453 on: August 05, 2011, 08:26:00 am »

Som FiM fans are actually trollable? That's news for me.
Wat? Ever heard of Ponychan? Some of the easiest targets evar. /b/ might be easy too.

My only problem with MLP is that it attracts lots of furries.
Sadly i suspect that furries will cause the whole fandom to finally fall sooner or later.
Where did you find any furries? Unless you mean those over at AnthroCon, there aren't many, really.
What do you have against furries anyway?

Awesome animation.
Goddamn awesome writing.
Really, really good music.
Simple plots with hidden depths.
Characters with believable flaws and strengths (with any one characteristic often being both).
>opinions

sgt0pimienta

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1454 on: August 05, 2011, 08:55:48 am »

OH DEAR GOD!
well i didn't know what i was doing but i gave the pink ponies a chance...hard to say but they are better than most of the children channels have to offer,i mean,bakugan is a re run of countless series about a boy and a monster that comes in a gadget,card,ball,coin etc. Clone wars is horrrible (the animated series,not the cartoon,wich was drawn by the same artist of dexter and samurai jack),Ben 10 is good but they never eveer put something else on air,i mean,even spongebob is getting boring after so many new episodes with  no taste at all,and every year more dumb series ar eintroduced,mostly series that valor stupid things such as Hanah Banana,weaverly place,that series about the fashion designer girl...True jackson that was the name,jonas brothers LA i mean,i haven't seen almost any teaching or good action on those,even Soey 101 (like...6 yrs ago?) constantly showed how frienship was a great thing,now most of the sries out there are just to get Disney money :/ actually,those things happen too much,disney hassn't done almost anything worthwhile in ten years,all of the incredible movies that have come out are either Pixar,or Dreamworks wich are ramifications (bought companies) of disney.

so i say that litlle pony is...lame...but compared with what is out there it is quite good,god i mean what happened to series like cat dog,samurai jack,monsters,the one about the rich cats,the old spongebob,even Sabrina the teenage witch,or for even older series,what about ALF!?
By:
Bdthemag

Great, now thanks to Bay12 im going to go out and buy an old journal just to write occult information in it and pretend to be insane.[quote
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 283