Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 283

Author Topic: When did ponies become awesome? What else have I missed? (take 2)  (Read 411570 times)

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Re: When did ponies become awesome? What else have I missed? (take 2)
« Reply #1425 on: August 04, 2011, 03:29:13 pm »

Having now seen all of the episodes I think that Celestia is not trolling except for the gala. Overall I think it has more to do with the fact that she is immortal then anything else. For instance, after the first few times with a phoenix doing its thing you sorta stop being surprised by it. She probably did not even think about the fact it was that time and assumed that people already knew about it anyway. She probably has had that pet for so long everyone at the castle already knows about it because they are told by their parents or whatever.
   As for the gala as I mentioned in my first impression stuff tends to get old after the first few hundred times. She might or might not have known that the girls would "ruin" the party but she did now it would be different. Even if nothing had happened she probably would have spent more time listening to Twilight and her stories of what she learned then paying attention to the gala. The fact that all that chaos happened probably makes it one of the best ones in a long time for her. She says that the galas are always horrible and by they way she said it I assume she meant its always boring. The girls are probably the first difference from the usual way it goes to happen at the gala in a long while.

@Jacob/Lee
   My problem with the episode was I could basically have told you what happened to each of them exactly without even watching it. Some of the episodes had a formula they used but this one was lock step to it.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 03:31:06 pm by Akhier the Dragon hearted »
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1426 on: August 04, 2011, 05:48:02 pm »

Yeah, I knew nothing would go as planned.

So yeah, at the Minecraft Forums a few alts of characters (even trademarked!) have shown up and an anti-brony has posted a picture of Rainbow Dash cut in half with a hefty axe on G-Mod.

Blockland Forums has the same shit going down, a couple of moronic trolls bullshitting their way everywhere in the topic and dodging legit questions so well they could dodge a bullet if they tried hard enough.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #1427 on: August 04, 2011, 06:13:22 pm »

Its not so much that nothing went as planned. It is the fact that it went not as planned in an easy to predict way. If say for instance the animals in the garden could actually talk and had not liked Fluttershy because she was uncultured that would have been interesting but instead they went the normal route and it was easily foretold and all the more boring for it.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #1428 on: August 04, 2011, 06:51:32 pm »

Yeah, I knew nothing would go as planned.

So yeah, at the Minecraft Forums a few alts of characters (even trademarked!) have shown up and an anti-brony has posted a picture of Rainbow Dash cut in half with a hefty axe on G-Mod.

Blockland Forums has the same shit going down, a couple of moronic trolls bullshitting their way everywhere in the topic and dodging legit questions so well they could dodge a bullet if they tried hard enough.

'K, so, admittedly low-intelligence communities are brony bashing? Why is this new?

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1429 on: August 04, 2011, 06:54:45 pm »

Obviously these trolls hate Ponies so much, they have obsessed themselves in knowing enough about MLP to troll like a champ?  Or did I get you wrong?
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1430 on: August 04, 2011, 07:01:38 pm »

The ponyphobic are MLP-lovers in denial.
Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1431 on: August 04, 2011, 07:02:19 pm »

Som FiM fans are actually trollable? That's news for me.

My only problem with MLP is that it attracts lots of furries.
Sadly i suspect that furries will cause the whole fandom to finally fall sooner or later.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1432 on: August 04, 2011, 07:16:55 pm »

Well, in Blockland's situation there is a dedicated troll and his buttbuddy. In Minecraft's situation it's kind of the odd troll that comes along randomly.

A shame people have nothing better to do than try and troll people.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: August 04, 2011, 07:20:55 pm »

Well, in Blockland's situation there is a dedicated troll and his buttbuddy. In Minecraft's situation it's kind of the odd troll that comes along randomly.

A shame people have nothing better to do than try and troll people.

They're just trying to get as good at it as Celestia.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #1434 on: August 04, 2011, 07:34:17 pm »

Sadly i suspect that furries will cause the whole fandom to finally fall sooner or later.

Doubtful. 90% of the furry bronies I've run into are the kind who avoid drama, aren't totally fucked in the head, and don't run around yelling, "I'M A WOLF. WANNA YIFF?"

And the 10% that do those kinds of things generally fade away fairly quickly.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: August 04, 2011, 07:41:50 pm »

Doubtful. 90% of the furry bronies I've run into are the kind who avoid drama, aren't totally fucked in the head, and don't run around yelling, "I'M A WOLF. WANNA YIFF?"

And the 10% that do those kinds of things generally fade away fairly quickly.
90% of furries in general aren't like that.
*Hugs*

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #1436 on: August 04, 2011, 07:43:35 pm »

90% of furries in general aren't like that.

I know. But 90% of non-furries believe that 100% of furries are like the 10% and not the 90%.

Also, I'm just making up numbers. But it still stands that the majority of furries are sane, sensible individuals, despite the characterization that all of them nucking futs.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #1437 on: August 04, 2011, 08:11:20 pm »

I was just thinking too much and here is what I came up with as for who with who and all that match making stuff
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1438 on: August 04, 2011, 08:41:23 pm »

... what's so special about this series again? I got fidgety in the first episode, and turned it off because it wasn't that good.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #1439 on: August 04, 2011, 09:43:22 pm »

... what's so special about Dwarf Fortress again? I got fidgety as it was genning the world and turned it off because it wasn't that good.
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 283