Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13

Author Topic: Foothold -- A Succession Invasion!  (Read 19154 times)

Crocatowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Foothold -- A Succession Invasion!
« on: January 08, 2011, 12:20:34 am »

The year is 250, marked of the 2nd age of men, 3rd of dwarf, and 5th by those stupid pointy eared folk... By Armok's will, our mountain homes have all flourished thus far through recorded history. The King... Our King... Bid the lords that have kept watch o'er his lands to select the bravest souls for a quest of glory. One soul from each of the Seven Dwarven Realms of the Momentous Universe. These seven are to be sent off on the greatest task ever conjured by the Council, to infiltrate, inhabit, and expand from within the lands of our tree-hugging foes... Who shall the Seven Dwarves be? And will they ultimately succeed?...

Rules of Play:
-Each player will have 3 days to complete either a 1 or 2 year cycle. No 1.5 or whatever, 1 or 2 years.
-The players are requested to continually update on the thread or at least make note that they will have a large update at the end of their turn.
-No Mods or Hacks are permitted. Subject to outstanding conditions
-You may change the tileset as you so desire, but you must notify what you are changing it to, It will start using Mayday's tileset.
-Uploading maps/images is highly suggested

The Starting Seven:
1. Bluesproto (miner/engraver) "Assassin of the Spoon" Save
2. Brandedahall <Branded> (Axedwarf/Miner) Save
3. Tallpanzer <Mr BlackHat> (Brewer/Herbalist) "The Bar Tender"
4. Potatolord <Spuddy> (Mason and Grower) "Potato Lord" Save
5. Rentorian (Record Keeper/Mason) Save
6. Sepharis (Woodcutter/Axedwarf)
7. Crocatowa (Engineer/Smith)

Add-ins:
8. Icee77 <Icee> (Wrestler) "Serial Killer"
9. Deviled <DevilEd> (Metalsmith) "Inventor of the Highest Bread"
10. Repulsion (Miner, mason, or military dwarf) "Pulsyr"
11. Draignean (Mechanic) "Henchman Holding Wrench"
12. Scaraban <!!Urist!!> (Miner/Pickdwarf)
13. Ale Explosion<Urist McExplode> (Mechanic/Engineer (siege?))  "Gear Lover"

Requested Dwarfs not in cycle:
-
-

You may request your Dwarf and your profession(s).

I have decided to be the last of the Starting Seven to go. When I have all Seven, I will reveal the map and conditions.

The King has all of the slaves volunteers the farthest lords from the capital. Upon the receiving of the names and professions of these poor souls brave, stout figures of society, He has disclosed the details of the mission. His advisers have indeed revealed to me that there will be a long travel to the point... a good chance of goblins along the way... and if any are emotionally compromised by the sights of ghosts, he is deeply apologetic but your comfort is less important than the task at hand.

World Map!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

A huge land it is! There be haunts and pointy eared pricks elves and forgotten beasts about!

The mission has been revealed! The King is pleased that he now has all of his precious minions citizens ready to embark on so grandiose a journey!

He has shown me the maps of what we are dealing with:

Here is the Embark Notifier:

And our starting point:

The King's mission is thus. Build a fortress of absolute fame and fortune in the elven lands and destroy them. He wants the fortress to reach a level that he himself may dwell there and lead the attack himself! He also bids us good luck against the haunted area just south of us....

http://dffd.wimbli.com/download.php?id=3685&f=Succession%21.zip
« Last Edit: February 05, 2011, 04:00:02 pm by Crocatowa »
The only dye dwarfs should use is MAGMA. And the only thing dwarfs should dye is ELVES.

AngleWyrm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Foothold -- A Succession Fortress!
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2011, 01:58:02 am »

I think you'll have luck revealing the conditions first; that way people who want to play in those conditions will join. It's good advertising.

That is, unless you're planning to ram a cast iron prick wrapped in razor wire up the rear end of your captive players and pump hard until the blood flows. Then I could see the need for secrecy. And hormone therapy.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 03:18:56 am by AngleWyrm »

Bluesproto

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Anti Hero
    • View Profile
    • My game, a Medieval RPG. Sort of.
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2011, 06:27:46 am »

I'll join this. I want to be an engraver and a miner.

PS: Strike those elven heads until they die the Earth!
« Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 06:29:27 am by Bluesproto »
Dear Urist: I, the overseer, appreciate your point of view about the danger that an unarmed goblin can represent at the other side of a fortification when you try to kill it with a ballista, but, as you know, you're not paid to think. And a mindless worker is a happy worker, so shut up and do your job.

You are a Hero, an fantasy adventure with dragons, mages, ninjas and Norse mythology

Crocatowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2011, 09:49:52 am »

This is going to be a story type, so the unseen lands are part of the set-up
The only dye dwarfs should use is MAGMA. And the only thing dwarfs should dye is ELVES.

Javarock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2011, 08:35:21 pm »

This is going to be a story type, so the unseen lands are part of the set-up

Doesn't that make in a community fort?

I thought Succession was where you take "Turns" controling the fort. After your "turn" You pass it to another person to play through a file ((So on and so forth))

While community was you pick a charecter and they nickname the person and involve you in the plot.

Correct?
“When you cut pieces out of the truth to avoid looking like a fool you end up looking like a moron instead.”
― Robin Hobb, Assassin's Apprentice

Deviled

• Bay Watcher
  • Yup
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2011, 09:40:53 pm »

A community fort is wrtten by one person, a succecion game is passed on, some people role play some don't.

Crocatowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2011, 09:48:25 pm »

It is a succession, but the introduction is going to be a story to get the first player in the feel. Then it will go in the 1-2 year cycles per player. This is my first time doing this so im trying to make this work out aswell as work the kinks out so that i could host more later on.

Bluesproto

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Anti Hero
    • View Profile
    • My game, a Medieval RPG. Sort of.
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2011, 05:11:41 am »

well... Just tell me when it ismy turn, ok?
Dear Urist: I, the overseer, appreciate your point of view about the danger that an unarmed goblin can represent at the other side of a fortification when you try to kill it with a ballista, but, as you know, you're not paid to think. And a mindless worker is a happy worker, so shut up and do your job.

You are a Hero, an fantasy adventure with dragons, mages, ninjas and Norse mythology

Brandedahall

• Bay Watcher
  • DWARF...why you not work :(
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2011, 12:04:06 pm »

hello, can i join :)

i want to be an axedwarf, that is also a miner :)

name is Branded
« Last Edit: January 09, 2011, 01:24:51 pm by Brandedahall »
Hi guys, like my post? give me a msg

i also like critisism

[This is a pig tail fiber thong, it object menaces with spikes of pig tail fiber] D:

Crocatowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2011, 12:30:02 pm »

welcome both of you! Now we just need a few more and we can start this thing!

TALLPANZER

• Bay Watcher
  • entity_TALLPANZER.txt
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2011, 01:44:20 pm »

Brew and herbalist please. Profession: "The Bar Tender" Name: Mr BlackHat
"So while a handful of psychopaths in lab coats are turning Japan into a land of mythological beasties to bang, the USSA's drowning in stupidity, China doesn't exist anymore, and Canada's just sitting there waiting for all this shit to blow over so they can go back to being Canada. Oh, and South Korea think they're Zerg now." <-Slag explains fallout in a nutshell

Crocatowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2011, 03:20:46 pm »

Welcome!  :D

PotatoLord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2011, 05:33:53 pm »

Mason and Grower, please.

Name: Spuddy
Profession: Potato Lord
Dude, you've created a Yeti with nothing to lose.

You've created Yeti Batman.

Crocatowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2011, 05:44:46 pm »

The King is pleased that he is having committed souls joining his endeavor!

Brandedahall

• Bay Watcher
  • DWARF...why you not work :(
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2011, 08:07:12 pm »

hi there again, i see the no hacks or mods, does that include dfdig? from the dwarfhack. i use it because it's a chore digging the entire vein out, while i could be doing other stuff.
Hi guys, like my post? give me a msg

i also like critisism

[This is a pig tail fiber thong, it object menaces with spikes of pig tail fiber] D:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13