Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13

Author Topic: Foothold -- A Succession Invasion!  (Read 19424 times)

Brandedahall

• Bay Watcher
  • DWARF...why you not work :(
    • View Profile
Re: Foothold -- A Succession Invasion!
« Reply #120 on: January 24, 2011, 02:15:53 pm »

could this not be used to bring magma up from the depths? obsidian mine anyone?
Hi guys, like my post? give me a msg

i also like critisism

[This is a pig tail fiber thong, it object menaces with spikes of pig tail fiber] D:

Crocatowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 24, 2011, 02:17:40 pm »

This has a lot of uses, magma, water from the aquifer. The fortress could become internally sustained. No more risks from sieges
The only dye dwarfs should use is MAGMA. And the only thing dwarfs should dye is ELVES.

Brandedahall

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 24, 2011, 02:54:20 pm »

that would take the fun out of it  :P

wouldnt you want a challenge??

i also like critisism

[This is a pig tail fiber thong, it object menaces with spikes of pig tail fiber] D:

Crocatowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 24, 2011, 03:05:52 pm »

Well duh, but it is a practical use for it
The only dye dwarfs should use is MAGMA. And the only thing dwarfs should dye is ELVES.

Brandedahall

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 24, 2011, 04:02:28 pm »

hehe yeah

i also like critisism

PotatoLord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: January 25, 2011, 08:25:25 pm »

10th of Limestone

Hmm, very little of interest has happened, I ordered the miners to dig down a ways, but it should be a while befo-

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

NEVER MIND. I have heard tales of this wondrous metal, but to see it in person...I have ordered small-scale mining of the substance. Soon our warriors shall be clad in indestructible armor, and with weapons of legend they shall lay waste to those accursed elves, and anyone else who gets in the way! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

23rd of Limestone

The miners finally manage to bring up a sample, and to my frustration, the metalworkers don't seem to be able to do anything with it; it's completely heat resistant. One of the craftsdwarfs looked at it, and said he could extract strands of metal from the ore. They did that and the result was...breathtaking. the strands can be smelted into wafers of the substance, or woven into extremely durable clothing.

I'm gonna update later today or tomorrow. I...need a while to digest this.
Dude, you've created a Yeti with nothing to lose.

You've created Yeti Batman.

Crocatowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 27, 2011, 09:37:57 am »

Oh mr. potatolord, where hast you gone?

Brandedahall

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 27, 2011, 01:58:22 pm »

This is why people should either make plans to do this OR not join up.

Not to be harsh, but it slows the entire game down (if thats even possible) and can make other people drop out because of plans and such.

Again... dont want to insult/annoy/hur anyones feelings  :P

i also like critisism

Crocatowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 27, 2011, 02:03:18 pm »

Well... If we dont get an update by tomorrow morning, then we'll have to move on

PotatoLord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: January 27, 2011, 04:29:09 pm »

Sorry, guys. I've had a lot of work to do that was kinda just suddenly shoved on me. I have the entirety of today to finish my turn, so expect an update posthaste.

I apologize for my lateness.

PotatoLord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: January 27, 2011, 05:16:26 pm »

7th of Sandstone

Unfortunately, the extraction process is incredibly slow; we have yet to get a single wafer of the wondrous metal. I have built additional craftsdwarf's workshops to compensate for this.

18th of Sandstone

More migrants have arrived! nothing interesting, but we are now at 85 dwarfs!

28th of Sandstone

I had the engravers work on the new dining hall, and I've got to hand it to 'em, they know how to engrave a dead elf!

Just as I exit the dining hall, a stonecrafter takes over a craftdwarfs workshop dedicated to processing adamantine, and starts demanding a turtle's shell less than EVERYTHING.
I need to consider whether I should accommodate him, or wall him into his workshop.

PotatoLord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: January 27, 2011, 06:01:48 pm »

10th of Timber

I have decided to accommodate the lunatic...for now. I unseal the exposed cavern so that dwarfs may gather cave spider silk, and have ordered the slaughter of several kittens to provide him with bone and hides.

11th of Timber

A dwarven caravan has arrived! In even better news, the first set of Adamantine armor is finished, and I have given it to Branded, our militia commander, along with an Adamantine battle axe!

16th of Timber

I get word that the stonecrafter has begun his project as I head to converse with the merchants.
I request booze. Lot's of booze.
I trade two barrels of Gnomeblight we got from the elves and a gold amulet for some leather, cloth, booze, and meat. While we trade, I also tell them about my water reactor, and ask them for suggestions on its use. After a lengthy discussion, we decided that, while awesome, orbital magma death lasers would be rather hard to build, even with infinite power. Oh, well.

19th of Timber

The stonecrafter's artifact is complete, and I must say that I am impressed.

I've got no idea how the hell he managed to make spikes out of silk, but why not?

Right as he finishes, Goblins strike from ambush! I don't know what the hell happened to piss them off this much, but at least we have the caravan guard to aid us in this battle.
I will post the battle's results shortly.

Brandedahall

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: January 27, 2011, 06:28:43 pm »

great so far!!!

i also like critisism

PotatoLord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: January 27, 2011, 06:44:07 pm »

26th of Timber

...huh. Considering the outcome of the last battle, this one was luckily anti-climactic. One macedwarf from the caravan mauled a few of the goblins, and they all ran screaming. Damn good thing, too, as much of our military is still nursing injuries from the last battle, myself included.

1st of Moonstone

Winter has arrived, and a second set of Adamantine armor has been commissioned. A trade agreement has also been reached.

2nd of Opal

After an extremely uneventful moonstone, I just noticed that there are still elf corpses in the trade depot.
No need to clean them up, really.

10th of Opal

HOLY ARMOK A GIANT SPIDER!

Uhh...this is not good. We are not pre- wait. what should we be scared of? We are clad in adamantine! Nothing shall strike us down! I order the military to slay the foul beast.

I will post the results, and my last update shortly.

sepheris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: January 27, 2011, 07:17:13 pm »

Uhh...this is not good. We are not pre- wait. what should we be scared of? We are clad in adamantine! Nothing shall strike us down! I order the military to slay the foul beast.

I will post the results, and my last update shortly.

I'm in the military, right? I have a bad feeling about this... For the love of Armok, I hope I have the second adamantine armour
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13