This can never be used again or removed

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU
- 0 (0%)
WWWHHHHYYYYYYYYYY
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: November 30, 2011, 09:01:14 pm

Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 252

Author Topic: Space Voyage. Paint Adventure. Rebecoming the greatness it never wasn't  (Read 503231 times)

Robocorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
Re: Space Voyage. Paint Adventure.
« Reply #1335 on: April 19, 2011, 12:35:39 am »

You immediately realize your mistake, you neglected to materialize feeding utensils.
You apologize and ask if anything is wrong with your guests foodwise.

TQ-8675309, RF-5271923, TS-419, and SC-412 all claim to be copacetic foodwise.

You express joy at their happiness. You inform them of the importance
of their morale when they assist you in the rally for liberties later
which will involve a lot of effort.
They'll have to join you in the saddle you're procuring for 00AEEF
as you spread your message.

TS-419 has a few qualms involving the highly criminal activities you will be performing.
and his aversion to death.

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice
« Reply #1336 on: April 19, 2011, 12:54:11 am »

Inform Green, Uggmo, Kratos, and Jenny that these criminal activities will be for the freedoms and liberties the mutants have been denied, and that if anyone tries to kill him, that he do likewise right back, and offer them some armorments (guns).
"But to that second circle of sad hell, Where ‘mid the gust, the whirlwind, and the flaw Of rain and hail-stones, lovers need not tell Their sorrows. Pale were the sweet lips I saw, Pale were the lips I kiss’d, and fair the form I floated with, about that melancholy storm."

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #1337 on: April 19, 2011, 05:15:50 am »

"What's criminal is determined by the victor. Since we plan on winning, we're also planning on not being criminals, or engaging in criminal activities. Therefore anything we do in order to secure a victory for our revolution can by definition never be criminal. As to your fear of death, that is only natural, but since noone here is planning to die, nor do the plans involve death, nor does death know of our plans, nor does anyone want you dead even if total victory is not achieved you can be sure that your total devotion to the cause shall be regocnised by both friend and foe and be respected throughout the universe."

"I am TQ-03. And I see a whole army of my fellow mutants, here in defiance of tyranny! You have come to fight as free sectoids. And free sectoids you are! What will you do without freedom? Will you fight? Fight and you may die. Run and you will live at least awhile. And dying in your bed many years from now, would you be willing to trade all the days from this day to that for one chance, just one chance, to come back here as young sectoids and tell our enemies that they may take our lives but they will never take our freedom!"

So, now we used both (false) logic and emotion and if they're still not convinced we might as well jump out the window right now...

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Rexfelum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1338 on: April 19, 2011, 04:40:51 pm »

Also, might just ask them what would make them feel safer.  The question could be used literally or rhetorically.  Guns and armor are both available, and through our own hard work we will get "strength in numbers" soon enough.  Presumably, we also control what information leaks out, so no outside "enforcement" entities would even know there's a problem until the mutants have gotten organized.

It's funny that TS-419 is the one to voice a concern.  It's also convenient.  He was completely blown away by TQ-03's first little recruitment speech; hopefully he'll be convinced again.

--Rexfelum

AntiAntiMatter

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm back
    • View Profile
« Reply #1339 on: April 19, 2011, 04:53:04 pm »

Give them a rousing speech to get them in the correct frame of mind, and materialize them some power armour, weaponry, and so forth.
[/post]

Robocorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1340 on: April 19, 2011, 11:43:56 pm »

You give a rousing yet generic speech.

"What's criminal is determined by the victor. Since we plan on winning, we're also planning on not being criminals, or engaging in criminal activities. Therefore anything we do in order to secure a victory for our revolution can by definition never be criminal. As to your fear of death, that is only natural, but since no one here is planning to die, nor do the plans involve death, nor does death know of our plans, nor does anyone want you dead even if total victory is not achieved you can be sure that your total devotion to the cause shall be recognized by both friend and foe and be respected throughout the universe."

"I am TQ-03. And I see a whole army of my fellow mutants, here in defiance of tyranny! You have come to fight as free sectoids. And free sectoids you are! What will you do without freedom? Will you fight? Fight and you may die. Run and you will live at least awhile. And dying in your tube many years from now, would you be willing to trade all the days from this day to that for one chance, just one chance, to come back here as young sectoids and tell our enemies that they may take our lives but they will never take our freedom!"

TS-419 is deeply moved to your cause.
The others less so.

SC-412 recognizes your capacity to produce supplies by jury rigging the materialization systems
and your reasonable ideals
but statistically wonders what will happen when counter insurgency forces come with
better trained soldiers with weapons and refractors of equal or better quality.
She claims she will gladly join your movement if you list any advantage your
forces might have over the inevitable resistance.

It's like a puzzle only with strategy and politics.
I swear everyone you meet will not require this much convincing.

Pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1341 on: April 20, 2011, 07:17:50 am »

Recruit moar mutants!

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #1342 on: April 20, 2011, 08:18:11 am »

the advantage of surprise, and (later) the advantage of numbers
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #1343 on: April 20, 2011, 09:03:48 am »

We will have the droids on our side, by force if necessary.

Rexfelum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1344 on: April 20, 2011, 12:14:51 pm »

SC-412 recognizes your capacity to produce supplies by jury rigging the materialization systems
and your reasonable ideals
but statistically wonders what will happen when counter insurgency forces come with
better trained soldiers with weapons and refractors of equal or better quality.
She claims she will gladly join your movement if you list any advantage your
forces might have over the inevitable resistance.

Well, we've been on top of this since the beginning.  There are the reasons which SC-412 already gathered: as far as the administration knows you're a level 5 mutant, and meanwhile you've amassed a huge arsenal of anti-droid and high-precision weaponry.  The immediate challenges in battle are under control, especially considering the element of surprise.

Then there are the advantages inherent to recruiting a mutant population.  There are two: first, the counter-insurgency forces will continue to underestimate the mutants, assuming that mutants are inferior.  They do not realize that out of 10102 eligible candidates for the war effort, thousands are guilty only of being so-called "ugly."  Second, and more importantly, over a thousand Sectoids have improved abilities.

Improved, you say dramatically!  Years of unjust bias have carelessly exiled onto this island a veritable army of Sectoids with abilities beyond anything society has known!  The advantage held by an army of mutants is simply their mutations themselves!

(And try not to say anything about the "uncanny one" at this time!)

--Rexfelum

Robocorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1345 on: April 21, 2011, 11:36:04 pm »

You explain to SC-412 the advantages of surprise tactics in the nature of this revolution.
You elaborate the 10102 able bodies in the complex capable of taking up arms against their oppressors.
You explain that the anti insurgency forces are prone to underestimate the mutant populace.
Even more you proclaim that over a thousand mutants have improved abilities over their
unmutated bretheren. The advantage of the mutant army is the mutations themselves.

Additionally, you add, the droids may not be as much of a problem as SC-412 thinks.

SC-412 thinks the revised proposal over.

SC-412 supports your revolutionary effort fervently.

Upon hearing SC-412's support TQ-8675309 and RF-5271923 express their loyalty to
your cause as well.

You have 4 followers

Well that was some fun convincing, lets see If I can draw some cool shit this week.

Andux

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:semicolons]
    • View Profile
    • Andux's DFWiki page
« Reply #1346 on: April 22, 2011, 12:39:00 am »

Pull up details on a few dozen of the superpoweredyest mutants, then work out plans for a door-to-door recruitment drive.

And offer RF-5271923 a napkin or something.
(Do not sign anything.) -- Fell, Planescape: Torment

MADMAN · Save Tools · WTF Tools · Generated Raws Extractor · Tweak for 0.31–34.xx

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1347 on: April 22, 2011, 05:50:52 am »

Well we never really convinced the droid to willingly do this so it's more of a 'hacked' droids and mutant army. Which will bite the group in their butt when the resistant droid group receive news on this. Also I guess the RDG remove the space protocol on their men so that when need to go blowing up planet arise they will.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 05:52:37 am by Rumrusher »
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

powpow

• Bay Watcher
  • (UTC+10:00) Canberra, Melbourne, Sydney
    • View Profile
« Reply #1348 on: April 22, 2011, 08:04:55 am »

im inpressed by the rapid updates and lovin the story which is fun and humerous, congrats on the story

AntiAntiMatter

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm back
    • View Profile
« Reply #1349 on: April 22, 2011, 11:14:32 am »

Begin working out long term plans, recruitment drives, and the like.
[/post]
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 252