This can never be used again or removed

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU
- 0 (0%)
WWWHHHHYYYYYYYYYY
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: November 30, 2011, 09:01:14 pm

Pages: 1 ... 204 205 [206] 207 208 ... 252

Author Topic: Space Voyage. Paint Adventure. Rebecoming the greatness it never wasn't  (Read 507299 times)

Evergod41

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Voyage. Paint Adventure. [UPDATED 11-10-11 Again]
« Reply #3075 on: November 11, 2011, 07:14:15 pm »

The only thing I can think of as 'extra' rules, is either there's hiddenly more to the board, or it 'wraps' as in going off one end leads you to the other... or.....

Try to select the slot in the middle...

Pick the center.

DAMN YOU NINJA'S!

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3076 on: November 11, 2011, 09:38:41 pm »

why didn't we ask about all the rules to the game first so that we didn't rush in and be check mated. if TE hid some rules out then he branded a cheater and we go on to do something else.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Rexfelum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3077 on: November 11, 2011, 09:42:53 pm »

Set a hexagon at the bottom.

Pick the center.

Okay, there's something going on here.  See:

Let's assume Cerol's suggestion won't work.  Then, if you count the tiles, the play sequence will be us, him, us, and the board will be filled.  Then let's assume the board expands when it fills.  Upon expansion, the opponent will easily and immediately win due to the pinwheel of two-in-a-row tiles available for a third tile.

So we get to Cerol's suggestion.  If it does work, then it's the only thing to prevent this pinwheel-based victory, as it will break up the pattern.  But if you could do this at any time, why didn't TE-8897765443 win on his third move by doing that to us?  The only possibility is that he's toying with us.

Then . . . we really, really want the tile at the bottom.  It gives us two-in-a-row for the first time.  The opponent will keep up his charade as long as possible, meaning he will just pick some other unimportant tile on his next turn.  And then we'll have him.

In sum: if Cerol is wrong, and the board doesn't expand, we draw.  If Cerol is wrong, and the board expands, we lose.  If Cerol is right, and we tip our hand by using that information, we lose.  If Cerol is right, and we use psychology, we win.

Select the bottom tile.  Prepare to select the leftmost red, for a shot at victory, on the next turn.

--Rexfelum

Edited P.S.: I recognize that there are multiple alternative tiles that would achieve the same victory for us.  These are my suggestion.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 09:53:32 pm by Rexfelum »

Evergod41

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3078 on: November 11, 2011, 09:47:57 pm »

Mind Games! Of course, why didn't I think of that sooner?

Andux

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:semicolons]
    • View Profile
    • Andux's DFWiki page
Re: Space Voyage. Paint Adventure. [UPDATED 11-11-11]
« Reply #3079 on: November 12, 2011, 01:21:23 am »

Let's assume Cerol's suggestion won't work.  Then, if you count the tiles, the play sequence will be us, him, us, and the board will be filled.  Then let's assume the board expands when it fills.  Upon expansion, the opponent will easily and immediately win due to the pinwheel of two-in-a-row tiles available for a third tile.

Can we pass? That would give us the first move after the board is full.
(Do not sign anything.) -- Fell, Planescape: Torment

MADMAN · Save Tools · WTF Tools · Generated Raws Extractor · Tweak for 0.31–34.xx

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3080 on: November 12, 2011, 05:20:06 am »

Set a hexagon at the bottom.

Pick the center.

Okay, there's something going on here.  See:

So we get to Cerol's suggestion.  If it does work, then it's the only thing to prevent this pinwheel-based victory, as it will break up the pattern.  But if you could do this at any time, why didn't TE-8897765443 win on his third move by doing that to us?  The only possibility is that he's toying with us.

Then . . . we really, really want the tile at the bottom.  It gives us two-in-a-row for the first time.  The opponent will keep up his charade as long as possible, meaning he will just pick some other unimportant tile on his next turn.  And then we'll have him.

In sum: if Cerol is wrong, and the board doesn't expand, we draw.  If Cerol is wrong, and the board expands, we lose.  If Cerol is right, and we tip our hand by using that information, we lose.  If Cerol is right, and we use psychology, we win lose because we not playing against TE-8897765443 but Robocorn himself.

Select the bottom tile.  Prepare to select the leftmost red, for a shot at victory, on the next turn.

--Rexfelum

Edited P.S.: I recognize that there are multiple alternative tiles that would achieve the same victory for us.  These are my suggestion.

wait isn't there a piece sticking out of the grid in the original shot of the board?

also what's stopping us from waiting out, wasting time not taking our turn, and completely Troll Texas Education - 8897765443 if someone with a huge ego like his can be his weakness.
but make sure to ask all the rules first so one could Draw out the match as long until Thomas (the Train) Engine is so enrage he screws up his plan on winning and allows us a lead or until TQ-02 wakes up, the gas to set in to the plants making them hostile and strangle Texas Election - 8897765443 allowing us to win by plant death, use the missing slot to control Toy Electronics -8897765443 and have him purposely lose, we twist 3 the hexagons so that we can win, or hit the middle thus causing all the red to turn green and win?

Wait what if this takes tic tac toe and those flicker light puzzles and pressing on a lit color changes the color to all corresponding sides?
"body swapping and YOU!"

Rexfelum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3081 on: November 12, 2011, 01:26:30 pm »

Can we pass? That would give us the first move after the board is full.

Oh, great.  That's a third factor.  Combinatorics hurt.

And another thing I've been wondering is whether there were, say, a limited number of "special moves" (like swapping a tile color or passing a turn) per player.  It wouldn't impact the color swap thing, because TE-8897765443 still should have won on his third move if swapping were possible, so something's up.

I guess I'm just rambling . . . so, passing.  If we can do it, we'd want to do it at a good point in time so TE-8897765443 doesn't pass as well later on and negate our pass:

Select the bottom tile.  Prepare to select the leftmost red, for a shot at victory, on the next turn.  If we cannot select the leftmost red, attempt to pass on the next turn (in preparation for any hypothetical board expansion).  If we cannot select an opponent's tile, and we cannot pass, discover new depths of eye-narrowing.

--Rexfelum

Andux

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:semicolons]
    • View Profile
    • Andux's DFWiki page
« Reply #3082 on: November 12, 2011, 04:42:49 pm »

It's also possible that flipping a tile requires the player to first control a certain number of adjacent tiles (e.g., 4), in which case we're almost certainly boned.
(Do not sign anything.) -- Fell, Planescape: Torment

MADMAN · Save Tools · WTF Tools · Generated Raws Extractor · Tweak for 0.31–34.xx

Geen

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm gonna live forever, or die trying.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3083 on: November 12, 2011, 04:43:16 pm »

Press two buttons at the same time, making you the winnar!!!1!!

Rexfelum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3084 on: November 12, 2011, 05:24:37 pm »

It's also possible that flipping a tile requires the player to first control a certain number of adjacent tiles (e.g., 4)

. . . In which case the first player is even more guaranteed to win.  Does anybody else have a persecution complex yet?

--Rexfelum

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3085 on: November 12, 2011, 06:20:54 pm »

Behold the guy we are playing against,
Spoiler: "first thought" (click to show/hide)

Wait isn't TQ-01 good at games so couldn't we just say "TQ-01 stop fooling around, and whoop this chump" and the next couple of scenes show TQ-01 pulling some Game King mastery and wipe that smug face off of RC-8897765443? pretty sure that's what we did at the beginning of the game.
"body swapping and YOU!"

Evergod41

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3086 on: November 12, 2011, 06:23:09 pm »

Oh, the obligatory "Stop fooling around and do it already." yeah, we could have done that, but why? It's just a more complex version of Tic-Tac-Toe...

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
  • My own avatar creeps me out.
    • View Profile
    • Not even internet famous
« Reply #3087 on: November 12, 2011, 06:25:31 pm »

Oh, the obligatory "Stop fooling around and do it already." yeah, we could have done that, but why? It's just a more complex version of Tic-Tac-Toe...

We still don't know all the rules.  Sure it's just a more "complex" version of tic-tac-toe.  But that's like saying Blurnsball is a complex version of baseball.
Slacker an illustrated story. Actually updated!?

Evergod41

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3088 on: November 12, 2011, 06:53:24 pm »

We still don't know all the rules.  Sure it's just a more "complex" version of tic-tac-toe.  But that's like saying Blurnsball is a complex version of baseball.
Blurnsball is just a complex version of baseball though... The basic game is still there, there's just some added garbage to spice things up a little.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3089 on: November 12, 2011, 07:05:32 pm »

but it's a complex version of Tic Tac Toe with the guy making the game up as we play.
until we lock in the rules of the game... one could say if there's a stalemate both parties must fight until the other is knock out to be the victor.
"body swapping and YOU!"
Pages: 1 ... 204 205 [206] 207 208 ... 252