Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Kobold Camp in the open, picture here  (Read 21782 times)

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
  • Alias: Setokaiva
    • View Profile
Re: Kobold Camp in the open, picture here
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2011, 12:12:32 am »

Too late for that. The exact same thing roguester said just happened.

The gray colored 'k' down in the bottom left is the thief, who has stolen a cheap yellow jewel. The entire camp chased him down and ripped him apart limb from limb, but not before he killed about five kobolds with his dagger and seriously wounded others. The ENTIRE GROUP of kobolds is now picking sides, some of them are listed as Friendly and some are Hostile, but the whole group dispersed and has fled in all directions, picking fights with whoever they run into. They uncovered another thief but didn't bother attacking him. I am hereby locking my doors and arming all my Dwarves with steel and adamantine maces and hammers in preparation for the Kobolocalypse.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 12:15:18 am by Xvareon »

ChocoRokk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2011, 12:18:18 am »

They're actually hostile? That's strange, I had a friend who embarked in a human fortress that had some kind of demon kangaroo that was killing all the humans, but it wouldn't attack him. The Goblins that were on the map at the time also wouldn't kill him. hmm. I guess he was just lucky.

(It was actually a demon kangaroo twisted into human form with external ribs, it chanted ceaselessly.)
"Oh man, we're under siege...let's make a zoo!"

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2011, 12:26:14 am »

The Great Kobold War has ended. The Friendly Kobold faction has won, no hostile Kobolds remain on the map.

Death toll:
71 Kobolds dead
20 Kobolds alive

This all by the first Autumn. Much fun.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2011, 12:47:30 am »

Looks like loyalty cascades affect non-player civs as well. Interesting.

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2011, 12:56:54 am »

One particular Kobold by the name of Thrukukulchmer Morultastrod Egeth Vumshar seems to be 'chief' among the Kobold tribe now. (No one else has that long a name, must have done most of the killing)

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2011, 02:18:40 am »

No significant change so far. Kobolds continue to gather in the pile of useless junk, rain and thieves be damned. Two full sets of Adamantine armor have been made, and a giant crocodile of a Forgotten Beast showed up. One of my bone carvers died to being stabbed by a Goblin snatcher because I didn't have any traps yet, I had Adamantine fever through-and-through.

Caldfir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2011, 10:44:48 am »

Just thought I'd let you know how the bug of "surface kobolds" comes up. 

Notice the stream running through the site?  During worldgen, a stream got placed on the same location as a cave.  The result is a bug in which there is no cave, but worldgen still places creatures as if there were, just slapping them on the surface.  I had a similar thing happen a while back, but with a cave full of ettins and elkbirds. 

Good times. 
where is up?

Chocolatemilkgod

• Bay Watcher
  • Flooding fortesses with magma since 2010
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2011, 06:38:07 pm »

If they're unarmed as you say, it'd be much easier just to send in a massive war dog army!
Dwarf 1: This is the worst part... The calm before the battle.
Dwarf 2: And then the battle is not so bad?
Dwarf 1: Oh...right. I forgot about the battle.

Still Standing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2011, 06:38:48 pm »

If they are friendly just leave them there to soften your first siege up a bit!
Diggy diggy hole.

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2011, 07:56:16 pm »

The Kobolds have been annihilated. My first Goblin ambush party just showed up in their camp, armed with hammers and spears, and wiped out the whole tribe. As they had copper or higher body armor bare hands didn't even scratch them. They are ignoring my surface Dwarves and animals and hunting the remaining Kobolds now. I consider this a perfect opportunity to test the power of Adamantine-equipped Dwarves.

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2011, 10:05:31 pm »

The seed and stuff should be fairly easy to get... I forget the exact process though.
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2011, 12:44:29 am »

Yes. Just copy the save folder, load the copy, abandon it, go into legends mode and export the information. There should be a button on the bottom. I want to instigate said loyalty cascade and build a tower for the friendly kobolds.

*sigh* I should really read the post dates before replying. :-\
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Satarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2011, 08:24:33 am »

No need to abandon.  Just hit escape and then go to Export Local Image.  The just export a single z-level. In your base DF directory will be a text file with all the world gen parameters and seeds.  Keep in mind modded RAWs could alter the history of the world so a kobold camp may never be founded at that site.
You need to make said elf leather into the most amazing work of art.  Embed it with every kind of gem you have, stud it with metals, and sew images into it.  Erect a shrine outside your fort with that in the center.  Let the elves know that you view their very skin as naught more but a medium for your dwarves to work on.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2011, 06:24:54 pm »

So, uh, how did those adamantine maces and hammers work out in the end?
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

Dave1004

• Bay Watcher
  • This is getting personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2011, 08:23:14 pm »

So, uh, how did those adamantine maces and hammers work out in the end?

xD. Exactly what I was thinking. Exactly.

Hardcap of 200 MB/24 hours.
Pages: 1 [2] 3