Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9

Author Topic: DF Mod Manager [0.7.1 release]  (Read 48126 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: DF Mod Manager [0.3 release]
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2011, 05:27:47 pm »

Good to hear, keep up with the great work!
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Aramco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2011, 05:35:18 pm »

Alright, the whole time it has flashed text on screen before disappearing. Now, after trying to get a picture of the words (and wishing I had better reflexes), I finally got a picture of it. What does it mean?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

That error means it was unable to locate an [OBJECT:<something>] tag at the start of one of your raws files. What version of DF are you using? Maybe there's an extraneous .txt file in your raws directory, like a readme for a mod.

I see, in my plant modding I accidentally deleted the [OBJECT_PLANT] tag. That also explains the missing plants I was too lazy to look into.
Or maybe there's a god who's just completely insane and sends you to Detroit, Michigan in a new body if you ever utter the name "Pat Sajak".

Valdemar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2011, 08:24:10 pm »

Version 0.4 released.

New Features
  • DFMM will now import object data from files exactly as written, including spaces, tabs, and comments. Because of this change in how the files are read and patched, DFMM will need to reprocess all of your existing mods. I recommend deleting and reimporting your mods, especially if they are complex and/or you want them to show up reformatted as well. If you choose to let DFMM convert them, watch the console window for failed patches.
  • Error messages will now pop up in dialog boxes instead of flashing on the screen and disappearing. Some of the more common messages are also less cryptic now.

Metamods are postponed until next time.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2011, 08:26:01 pm by Valdemar »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: DF Mod Manager [0.4 release]
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2011, 09:25:48 pm »

A-w-e-s-o-m-e.
I love (platonically) you! Now I am ready to make a release of Genesis with optional stuff :D.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2011, 07:23:37 am »

A problem: your program cannot read empty files with only a top name and [OBJECT:*] and no content. I have an empty inorganic file (to remove some of original stones and organize others) and it gives an error
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Valdemar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2011, 04:28:21 pm »

Version 0.4.1 released.

Bug fixes
  • The decoder will now deal properly with raw files with no objects in them. (re Deon)
  • When an error occurs when importing a file, only the import process will be aborted now instead of the entire program closing.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: DF Mod Manager [0.4.1 release]
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2011, 12:10:26 am »

Hey, a problem here, I seem to be unable to move items up/down the list. Can you do it? I get python errors, do you need a screenshot?
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Valdemar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DF Mod Manager [0.4.1 release]
« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2011, 10:06:43 pm »

Hey, a problem here, I seem to be unable to move items up/down the list. Can you do it? I get python errors, do you need a screenshot?
Version 0.4.2 released.

Bug fixes
  • Reordering mods now works properly (re Deon)

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
Re: DF Mod Manager [0.4.2 release]
« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2011, 12:20:07 am »

This is insanely useful just for being able to import the raws themselves (I was getting so sick of opening Notepad file after Notepad file just to find and change one little thing).

There is one thing though -- the window with the raw entry in it doesn't maximise. While this doesn't affect most things, it means that metal entries aren't all visible at once when they easily could be.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2011, 01:39:14 am »

If you are up for adding it, then you might want a general template for when making a new object. So, for example, all creatures should have a name, so a [NAME:singluar:plural:verb] tag when you make a new object would be very nice.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2011, 02:48:50 am »

Well, there's too many stuff to add. Like, CASTE_NAME and other stuff. I don't mind it, but I wish it was optional (sometimes I want placeholder creatures/stuff so I don't want any content).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2011, 01:59:29 am »

Hi, so! Big fan of your works, but two things.
One, can we be getting version for .19 pweash? No realy, a better option if possible would be to allow the program to read the raws and take them as defult, and go from there, so when new raws come out people can recalabrate themselves.

Two, you get exeptions when you remove the last item of a list. A Try catch is possible in python is it not?

Valdemar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DF Mod Manager [0.5 release]
« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2011, 03:45:25 pm »

Version 0.5 released.

New features
  • Metamods
    • Metamods are mods that use an existing mod as their core data. They are useful for deleting part of a mod or tweaking an object it added without affecting the original.
    • Create a metamod from the right click menu of a mod. Alternately, check the "Meta" box in the splitter to make the second mod of the split into a metamod of the first.
    • The suggested naming convention for metamods is <Name of parent>: <Name of meta>. This makes it more clear what modifies what, since the UI currently does not indicate this.
    • When editing a metamod, changes made by the parent mod will appear to be the core data. No +, *, or [D] will appear except on the actual changes made by the metamod; this is intentional.
    • There is no UI to make an existing mod into a metamod. If you want to do this, add the "!DFMM|META|<filename of parent>.dfmod" command to the file in the mods folder, before any ADD/DELETE/MODIFY commands.
  • DFMM can now import and export .zip files of multiple .dfmod files. This is primarily intended for distributing a mod and its metamods, but a manually packaged zip file of an arbitrary combination of mods can also be imported. The export option on a mod will export only it and its metamods.
  • Templates for new objects in the editor are now available. There are none by default, but you can create a "templates" folder and place files of the form "<object type>.txt" in it, and the editor will set the data of new objects to the contents of the file. (re Max White)

Bug fixes
  • The editor panel now auto-sizes vertically as well as horizontally (re Sutremaine)
  • Fixed a crash when deleting the last object of a certain type (re Max White)
  • Fixed export to directory to properly output unchanged objects to core files

Compatibility with the latest version seems fine. Just delete your "core" directory and DFMM will re-read the files in your raws folder, or simply copy the new files over the old ones in the core directory.

Currently on my to-do list are an improved mod list with something like a tree view to better manage metamods, and optimization of the mod management options, whose somewhat naive implementations are starting to take a long time to run.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2011, 03:48:47 pm »

Valdemar, I want to have your babys.

Getting new version now. Thank you to the heavens!

vemiermark4

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2011, 12:06:14 am »

Just downloaded this, already having fun playing with it. :D
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9