Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 22

Author Topic: Colonizer.net  (Read 20881 times)

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Colonizer.net
« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2011, 09:15:59 pm »

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 10, 2011, 09:25:14 pm »

Hm, the second planet's got something interesting on it. I say we start building a colony.

Try to find a flat area with as little native life as possible. Preferably with running water around. Start transferring everything to that colony. Weapons and people first in case of native lifeforms attacking.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Ricky

• Bay Watcher
  • Ancient Wizard Dance.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 10, 2011, 09:31:17 pm »

figure out more information on the civilization
Ah, I wish I had been lucky enough to be scum.
I'd make such great scum...

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 10, 2011, 09:33:53 pm »

((Oh crap i forgot to mention. Thanks to this site for the world: http://donjon.bin.sh/world/. Had to edit it a bit though.
The space to planet ships are one way.))
You can't find out more about the dead civilization from here, even with probes.

You order the selected colonists to the two ships with standard kits and then launch them to set up a forward base and start work but be careful, correct?
((Needs atleast two votes.))
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 10, 2011, 09:35:10 pm »

Try to find a flat area with as little native life as possible. Preferably with running water around. Start transferring everything to that colony. Weapons and people first in case of native lifeforms attacking.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 10, 2011, 09:37:17 pm »

You order the selected colonists to the two ships with standard kits and then launch them to set up a forward base and start work but be careful, correct?
Yes. If the colonists report any disease or bacteria dangers, stop transfers. If any native lifeforms attack, bring in more people and weapons to fight.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Pillow_Killer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 10, 2011, 10:20:55 pm »

Quote from: x2yzh9
every man faps to every person he knows/likes. I've done that for about 2 girls that I've liked really, and it's because they have big boobs. 'Nuff said amirite?

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 10, 2011, 10:44:17 pm »

The landers launch much to the cheering of your people but some of them look confused.
The advanced party lands on a wide flat plain near a bubbling brook and you switch the moniter in the center of the building to the party leader's cam. They quickly form a defensive perimeter while several work on unpacking the kits and other objects from the lander.
They seem to be done.
You seemed to remember that the entire ship can be used as a lander. But it would require atleast one unit of fuel.
Night begins to fall on Planet [214,II].
What do you do?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 10, 2011, 10:50:50 pm »

Have the colonists take somewhat-defensive positions around and have a few stay awake every two hours. If the colonists are feeling up to it, have them take out binoculars and start scoping out the nearby terrain.

Have the colony ship's technicians try to make the ship to use solar energy for fuel instead of actual fuel.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 10, 2011, 10:52:44 pm »

Have the colonists take somewhat-defensive positions around and have a few stay awake every two hours. If the colonists are feeling up to it, have them take out binoculars and start scoping out the nearby terrain.

Have the colony ship's technicians try to make the ship to use solar energy for fuel instead of actual fuel.

Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 10, 2011, 10:57:41 pm »

Pillow_Killer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 10, 2011, 11:01:25 pm »

Quote from: x2yzh9
every man faps to every person he knows/likes. I've done that for about 2 girls that I've liked really, and it's because they have big boobs. 'Nuff said amirite?

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 10, 2011, 11:09:18 pm »

Four Advanced Party members head out. They wander southward while the others sit around a lamp and tell stories of what they are going to do on this new world with a few of the more wise ones sitting around the lamp looking outward.
Suddenly loud screaming starts toward the south followed by the sound of frantic chaingun fire. The gunfire abruptly stops.(You have thirty-six advanced party members left)
Everybody is facing outward now, guns at the ready.
Thankfully nothing happens.
Its a new day on [214,II].

A small fire started on the Colonizer because mechanics attempted to hook up the power couplings into the main engine systems. The fire was oxygen starved before it destroyed anything important.
Three more landers are operational.
What do you do?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 10, 2011, 11:15:42 pm »

Send 20 colonists armed with weapons to check out where the missing party used to be. Exercise caution.

The rest will take out shovels(but with guns at the ready) and ready(flatten) the ground for buildings with one or two taking watch.

Send a lander filled with housing kits, another filled with a greenhouse kit, and finally another filled with people down to the surface.

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 10, 2011, 11:22:13 pm »

Burn all nearby vegetation. Check ground for evidence of burrowing creatures before going anywhere/landing any more people.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 11:25:47 pm by Burnt Pies »
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 22