Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: What needless complex "Thing" do you no longer need sinch 0.31 came out?  (Read 3238 times)

shadowclasper

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McSpacemarine, AxeDwarf
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
Re: What needless complex "Thing" do you no longer need sinch 0.31 came out?
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2011, 12:03:17 pm »

<THREADOMANCY>
Nother one I used to have was the air-lock method of getting my dwarves inside. Usually involving several different entrances with gates that I would open up to allow my stragglers in without the worry of also letting in goblins incase they got caught. This is no longer necessary thanks to burrows :D Just hit the alarm, everyone runs in (rather than to say, that quarry I've been digging that has an overhang) and I pull up the bridge and let my marksdwarves do the rest :P
Project Manager for Towergirls: Subtitle Pending

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
Re: What needless complex "Thing" do you no longer need sinch 0.31 came out?
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2011, 03:09:28 pm »

If cave-ins are reimplemented, I'm going to laugh when all the caverns immediately collapse on embark.
^^ This ^^
Haha, yeah. Never mind players' fortresses, players' maps are going to start collapsing.

I no longer have to lock dwarves in with their materials. Set a burrow encompassing their workshop and the tiles with the desired materials, assign them to it, job done. And as a bonus, if you forget about them they will eventually leave in search of sustenance.

A 'dwarves inside' order that works as advertised is cool too, and makes above-ground fortresses practical. So in this case the needless 'thing' would be a fortress dug as Armok intended. :P
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.
Pages: 1 [2]