Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Best way to remove eyes?  (Read 18706 times)

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Best way to remove eyes?
« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2011, 03:40:09 pm »

See, now THERE'S a DF player who's got issues.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

arcangelsd

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-builder of the STFO
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2011, 04:51:32 pm »

I guess I can describe what I remember of it.  DO NOT READ THIS IF YOU'RE EASILY OFFENDED (or capable of being offended at all).

I think I remember it was not Obok. For some reason everybody thinks it was Obok. It was some other player, and the last elven girl of that world. Done with an human, methinks.
Apart from that, it's all true. It has got stuck in my mind as the no-returning point XD
Did we just made reality itself commit suicide?
I think that sentence describes all of Failcannon.

assimilateur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2011, 01:25:31 am »

Eye tissue has a heal time of 100, compared to 2000 for bones and 6000 for nerves. Its a known fact irl that eyes are crazy-fast healing, and since DF lacks the ability to destroy eyes utterly, they will keep regrowing on you.

So it's enough to remove the heal tag from eyes for blindness to be permanent? Or would that mess things up?

Chronas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2011, 11:29:56 pm »

Eye tissue has a heal time of 100, compared to 2000 for bones and 6000 for nerves. Its a known fact irl that eyes are crazy-fast healing, and since DF lacks the ability to destroy eyes utterly, they will keep regrowing on you.
So it's enough to remove the heal tag from eyes for blindness to be permanent? Or would that mess things up?
Exactly, removing that tag makes that tissue unable to heal, ever. any function linked to it will be permanently inhibited, as a broken, unhealable body part might as well have been severed. an annoying thing is that toady made cosmetic tissues (hair, fingernails, tusks) without the tag, and my hairy, scarred adventurer had 2 pages on his wounds screen detailing just how ripped up his hair was.
He he he.  Yeah, it almost looks done...  alas...  those who are in your teens, hold on until your twenties...  those in your twenties, your thirties...  others, cling to life as you are able...
It should be pretty fun though.

assimilateur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2011, 01:30:03 am »

That reminds me: currently digits never seem to heal. A quick search in the raws turned up no way of changing that, so I assume this isn't as simple as adding a "heal" tag somewhere?

Chronas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2011, 10:13:42 am »

That reminds me: currently digits never seem to heal. A quick search in the raws turned up no way of changing that, so I assume this isn't as simple as adding a "heal" tag somewhere?
Welp, i don't now what is going wrong for you, but my aforementioned adventurer had many permanent wounds, including damage to his digits. if they have been removed they will not regrow, if they've been smashed apart, they will eventually. you might have missed a tissue entry in the raws file.
Given time, even nerves can heal in adv mode (i just noticed that nerves have the entry as 8000 not 6000, this is still short enough to cure you after less than a week in game.)
He he he.  Yeah, it almost looks done...  alas...  those who are in your teens, hold on until your twenties...  those in your twenties, your thirties...  others, cling to life as you are able...

assimilateur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2011, 10:31:50 am »

if they have been removed they will not regrow, if they've been smashed apart, they will eventually.

Seeing how everything seems to heal as soon as you start traveling again, I assumed some injuries were permanent. My longest-running adventurer's toe has been smashed open for months, same goes for his ears.

Chronas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 21, 2011, 10:47:40 am »

if they have been removed they will not regrow, if they've been smashed apart, they will eventually.
Seeing how everything seems to heal as soon as you start traveling again, I assumed some injuries were permanent. My longest-running adventurer's toe has been smashed open for months, same goes for his ears.
that would be because it is his toenail that is smashed open, and nail and cartilage tissues don't heal in vanilla (justified for cartilage).

assimilateur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 21, 2011, 10:59:30 am »

I guess that would explain why one of my guy's joints also remains broken (or whatever yellow stands for now). I'm not seeing any problems using the arm with the injured shoulder joint, though.

Edit: seems that yellow injuries don't mean the same they used to. Apparently, that's only some damage, without total function loss. I'm not seeing any loss of function, but perhaps that's just me.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2011, 11:01:15 am by assimilateur »

Deadly Lamarr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 21, 2011, 03:58:48 pm »

I guess I can describe what I remember of it.  DO NOT READ THIS IF YOU'RE EASILY OFFENDED (or capable of being offended at all).

I think I remember it was not Obok. For some reason everybody thinks it was Obok. It was some other player, and the last elven girl of that world. Done with an human, methinks.
Apart from that, it's all true. It has got stuck in my mind as the no-returning point XD

It was definitely Obok. Same poster and everything. Another player might have done something similar minus the modding, but I don't remember exactly. I think I remember someone posting something about killing and torturing a girl's parents in front of her, which might be the post you're thinking of.
Sometimes you succeed in your goals and sometimes you and everyone around you is murdered by a gigantic spider.

C'est la vie

I'm walking crawling across the continent looking for a crutch. Story shortened, horse ate my foot.

Untouchable

• Bay Watcher
  • Gary Busey Smile Time Variety Hour
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 22, 2011, 07:02:43 am »

It was definitely Obok. Same poster and everything. Another player might have done something similar minus the modding, but I don't remember exactly. I think I remember someone posting something about killing and torturing a girl's parents in front of her, which might be the post you're thinking of.

Don't think so. Obok Meatgod was the guy who cherrytapped a lair full of ogres to death over a couple of days, I think.

Deadly Lamarr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 22, 2011, 01:03:46 pm »

Don't think so. Obok Meatgod was the guy who cherrytapped a lair full of ogres to death over a couple of days, I think.

I am absolutely certain both were Obok. Google cache. You could probably find the other guy people are thinking of this way too.

Also, I totally sigged you, dude. How do you feel about that!?
Sometimes you succeed in your goals and sometimes you and everyone around you is murdered by a gigantic spider.

C'est la vie

I'm walking crawling across the continent looking for a crutch. Story shortened, horse ate my foot.

truckman1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 22, 2011, 06:04:39 pm »

I miss that thread.  :(    My sig refers what (several pages later) we somehow agreed was what Obok was making while he did...that action. I believe it was after someone pointed out that the tags essentially made an arm grow out of Obok's lower body and then just smashed the girl to the ground repeatedly while swinging her back and forth above his head like what women did to Johnny Bravo.

I still wonder what happened to it. Is there any way to get an official statement on when exactly it was deleted? I recall that I stopped posting often around that time, and not long after its deletion I stopped (not because of it, just busy on other fora).

edit: found a picture, uploaded to tinypic:

« Last Edit: January 22, 2011, 06:11:26 pm by truckman1 »
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
That's the point, it wouldn't be as fun to crush their souls if they didn't have souls to begin with.

Deadly Lamarr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 22, 2011, 09:26:36 pm »

Someone could PM Toady or ThreeToe. They're probably busy, though. The most recent page in the google cache is from November 26, but it continued for two more pages, so that gives us an idea of when.

Most Evil/Horrific is the only thread here I've known to be deleted without explanation, but I'm only here occasionally and almost never go to the lower forums.

edit: combined info from two different pages.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2011, 09:28:20 pm by Deadly Lamarr »

C'est la vie

Untouchable

• Bay Watcher
  • Gary Busey Smile Time Variety Hour
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 22, 2011, 10:17:44 pm »

I am absolutely certain both were Obok. Google cache. You could probably find the other guy people are thinking of this way too.

Also, I totally sigged you, dude. How do you feel about that!?

It is pretty awesome to have been sigged.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4