Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Best way to remove eyes?  (Read 18704 times)

minno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Best way to remove eyes?
« Reply #45 on: January 22, 2011, 10:47:21 pm »

-snip-

Also, I totally sigged you, dude. How do you feel about that!?

It is pretty awesome to have been sigged.

I got sigged back in the deleted thread for saying that I became a high master spearman for brutally beating an obese unicorn.

It's a long story...

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 23, 2011, 03:51:16 am »

Would the fat unicorn have been anything like Kate Beaton's Shetland Pony?
'Cuz he'd totally deserve it.
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

Deadly Lamarr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 23, 2011, 06:15:09 pm »

See, it is things like this that make the loss of that thread tragic.
Sometimes you succeed in your goals and sometimes you and everyone around you is murdered by a gigantic spider.

C'est la vie

I'm walking crawling across the continent looking for a crutch. Story shortened, horse ate my foot.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 25, 2011, 10:57:17 am »

I guess that would explain why one of my guy's joints also remains broken (or whatever yellow stands for now). I'm not seeing any problems using the arm with the injured shoulder joint, though.

Edit: seems that yellow injuries don't mean the same they used to. Apparently, that's only some damage, without total function loss. I'm not seeing any loss of function, but perhaps that's just me.
Yellow damage to digits is probably just a broken nail. Nails do not heal, or VERY slowly.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

assimilateur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 25, 2011, 11:06:01 am »

Yellow damage to digits is probably just a broken nail. Nails do not heal, or VERY slowly.

My guy had red damage to one or two digits and yellow damage to a shoulder. The fact that this didn't heal suggests to me that this doesn't heal at all. I mean, it hardly makes sense for it to take long in adventure mode since all healing is sped up there to occur instantly once you travel, right?

gislegron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 02, 2011, 04:38:04 pm »

My adventurer have had a damaged finger for over a year, it broke, and still stand as smashed open.

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice
« Reply #51 on: February 02, 2011, 04:45:54 pm »

Yeah healing is a bit wonky still, my adventure got her hand cut open and it still says the artery is torn...but it does say she has a scar on her hand, so check if you got a scar...in the description.
"But to that second circle of sad hell, Where ‘mid the gust, the whirlwind, and the flaw Of rain and hail-stones, lovers need not tell Their sorrows. Pale were the sweet lips I saw, Pale were the lips I kiss’d, and fair the form I floated with, about that melancholy storm."

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 03, 2011, 02:01:34 pm »

fingers usually don't scar up. They get infected and kill you. Months later.
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

Urist McBusDriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 07, 2011, 08:01:08 am »

Would the fat unicorn have been anything like Kate Beaton's Shetland Pony?
'Cuz he'd totally deserve it.
Hooray for Shetland Ponies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrKXudFmw-g
Of course, since he doesn't actually walk around counting things, we can only assume that bookkeeping time is spent in deep meditation, psychically sensing exactly how many piles of orthoclase there are. It takes a while to hone a skill like that.

mnjiman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 07, 2011, 11:36:45 am »

For Science!
I was thinking more along the lines of this legendary champion, all clad in dented and dinged up steel plate, his blood-drenched axe slung over his back, a notch in the handle for every enemy that saw the swing of that blade as the last sight they ever saw, a battered shield strapped over his arm... and a fluffy, pink stuffed hippo hidden discretely in his breastplate.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]