Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: My Custom Tileset  (Read 3777 times)

ghor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: My Custom Tileset
« Reply #30 on: May 07, 2007, 05:10:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by herrbdog:
<STRONG>The blank stone having the 3d look can be removed or made more subtled. It is nice though, because the areas designated for mining use the same tile, so you can count tiles before they are mined, quite easily.</STRONG>

Oh, cool! I didn't know that. I'm perfectly happy with the default tileset, and I think I'll keep using it, but I went and edited it to give the blank tiles an edge. It really makes designating large areas a lot easier. Thanks for the tip!

melon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kieranmillar.com
« Reply #31 on: May 07, 2007, 05:42:00 am »

Argh! I heard you all the first time!  ;)

No, I didn't save it to a 24 bit bmp. It works now. Thanks.

MikeWulf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 07, 2007, 08:09:00 am »

Don't forget http://dwarf.lendemaindeveille.com/index.php/Object_Tilesets  plenty there including a 16x16.

NowhereMan

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 07, 2007, 12:11:00 pm »

herrbdog:  thanks for the tileset. i like it.

herrbdog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 09, 2007, 07:49:00 pm »

Thanks! Glad I could share it! I made it for myself, mainly but figured, why not share it? =D

Anyway, to those who wanted the 16x16 version, it is almost ready. Work has been kicking my ass along with a nasty cold, so I am a bit behind. Besides, I had a few design changes... anyway, it's almost up to my personal specs, a few tiles left to finish and tweak the effects, and it will be available!

Sorry about the delay, I know I said I would have it last weekend. =[

Janus

• Bay Watcher
  • huffi muffi guffi
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Fortress File Depot
« Reply #35 on: May 09, 2007, 09:16:00 pm »

I'm using the 16x16 you posted now myself. Hell, I like it as it is; nice work. I'll still be glad to see what touchups you work for it.

I'm also quite looking forward to your creature tileset.

Tomas asked Dolgan, "What place is this?"
The dwarf puffed on his pipe. "It is a glory hole, laddie. When my people mined this area, we fashioned many such areas."
     - Raymond E. Feist, Magician: Apprentice  (Riftwar Saga)

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 10, 2007, 08:53:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by herrbdog:
<STRONG>Sorry about the delay, I know I said I would have it last weekend. =[</STRONG>

its okay. i find that if, after streaching, you run it through some sharpness filters....

just kidding! just kidding!

i am looking forward to it more than ever now.  i picked up a 24" LCD from a guy at work, and im ready to DF in widescreen.

Fleeb

• Bay Watcher
  • The Fleebiest
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 10, 2007, 03:30:00 pm »

Excellent tileset! Now if only Distopians objects were 16x16. Anybody know an easy way to convert them without screwing them up? They don't seem to line up right in game. I just got attacked by the rear half of a bear :-(
"If you push something hard enough, it will fall over" -Fudds First Law of Opposition
"If it goes in, it must come out" -Teslicles Deviant to Fudds Law

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 10, 2007, 07:16:00 pm »

easy and tedious, but it should only take you 30 minutes with mspaint.  goes like this:

1 - increase the image size by (number of rows)x2

2 - drag slices of the image around such that there are is an extra pixel on either side of each row.

3 - make sure your new stripes are magenta instead of white

4 - do a little dance

DDouble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 11, 2007, 12:14:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by puke:
<STRONG>

its okay. i find that if, after streaching, you run it through some sharpness filters....

just kidding! just kidding!

i am looking forward to it more than ever now.  i picked up a 24" LCD from a guy at work, and im ready to DF in widescreen.</STRONG>

Is this the first time somebody has upgraded their computer to play an ASCII game? (even if it is OpenGL)

DR

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 11, 2007, 05:36:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Fleeb:
<STRONG>Excellent tileset! Now if only Distopians objects were 16x16. Anybody know an easy way to convert them without screwing them up? They don't seem to line up right in game. I just got attacked by the rear half of a bear :-(</STRONG>

My objects aren't 16x16?

I could have sworn they were. I mean, the dimensions of the file... in both directions they're multiples of 16.

Janus

• Bay Watcher
  • huffi muffi guffi
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 11, 2007, 09:28:00 am »

I'm using the updated DR creature tileset posted on the wiki in 16x16 along with the herrbdog's 16x16 regular tileset. No problems here.

DR: nice job on the creature tileset, by the way.

The dwarf puffed on his pipe. "It is a glory hole, laddie. When my people mined this area, we fashioned many such areas."

Fleeb

• Bay Watcher
  • The Fleebiest
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 11, 2007, 11:07:00 am »

Eheh. Didn't actually check to see if it was 16x16, my apologies. I just assumed is was different. Do your bears look normal? All my bears only show the rear half and my humans seem to be missing the tops of their heads. Is it just me? :-(
"If you push something hard enough, it will fall over" -Fudds First Law of Opposition
"If it goes in, it must come out" -Teslicles Deviant to Fudds Law

Janus

• Bay Watcher
  • huffi muffi guffi
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 11, 2007, 11:10:00 am »

Humans look fine in my game. I don't have bears on my current fortress, so I couldn't say about them. I have plenty of elephants, bonobos, mandrills, and the occasional leopard or cougar.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 11, 2007, 11:13:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by DR:
<STRONG>

My objects aren't 16x16?

I could have sworn they were. I mean, the dimensions of the file... in both directions they're multiples of 16.</STRONG>

oops, i was thinking of DQ's redraw of the DR set.  its 14x16.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5