Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Dwarf Not Using Abundant Material in Strange Mood  (Read 11728 times)

slothen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Not Using Abundant Material in Strange Mood
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2011, 08:38:09 pm »

:o

...and this bone artifact is hit with the disappearing decorations bug. Oh well, at least it's a mace and not something completely useless.

bad news
1) all bone artifacts are hit with that bug
2) a bone mace worth only 1200 is completely useless.
While adding magma to anything will make it dwarfy, adding the word "magma" to your post does not necessarily make it funny.
Thoughts on water
MILITARY: squad, uniform, training
"DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF." -NW_Kohaku

sir_laser

• Bay Watcher
  • It's lucky to be smart, but smarter to be lucky.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2011, 08:51:20 pm »

:o

...and this bone artifact is hit with the disappearing decorations bug. Oh well, at least it's a mace and not something completely useless.

bad news
1) all bone artifacts are hit with that bug
2) a bone mace worth only 1200 is completely useless.

1).......oh.

2) How so? Relegating it to training would same me a bar of copper.

Actually, does the increase in attack_roll for artifacts overcome the worthlessness of the material used to make the artifact?
"That is the most amazing thing I have ever read ever."
- Friend's reaction to Bronzemurder

BackgroundGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2011, 10:16:24 pm »

No.  Your bone mace is still crap.  On the bright side, you have a macabre, thematically appropriate tool for your future sheriff/captain of the guard!

Pretty much all bone artifacts catch that bug. Last time it happened to me I decided if it was going to go that way I'd at least have an iron item instead (forbidding the bone after the construction has begun).
Did that work?  I thought forbidding the core item of the mood drove them insane?

shmelse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2011, 10:25:39 pm »

No, the materials taken for decoration vanish completely.   Only the bone counts towards the artifact value, so bone artifacts just aren't worth much.  When you can control the decoration material, make it the cheapest crap you can.

ugh, good to know, thanks.  will keep me from wasting diamonds trying to decorate my goblin bone artifacts.  booo!
"Aye, th' fortress o' Barbedgear. They say th'r was a dinin' room dere...o' such splendor tha' it'd reduce ye te tears! Masterful engravings lined th' walls! Th' food was endless!"

"An' th' tables?"

"Oh, those fuckin' TABLES...*weeps gently into beard*"

sir_laser

• Bay Watcher
  • It's lucky to be smart, but smarter to be lucky.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2011, 10:58:10 pm »

So if the bone mace is used in a beating, it's gonna be like a fluff pillow? How might it compare to an adamantine warhammer?
"That is the most amazing thing I have ever read ever."
- Friend's reaction to Bronzemurder

shlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2011, 07:00:08 am »

I think the bone mace should do more damage, but since i can't find raws for bone i have no idea tbh.
Pages: 1 [2]