Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Dragon Breeding  (Read 3856 times)

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
Re: Dragon Breeding
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2011, 03:27:21 pm »

As for breeding megabeasts, that didnt work even with the correct tags in 40d. Wouldnt count on too much.

I've recently found that you could/can make megabeasts and powers and stuff reproduce in 40d world-gen by populating a civilization with them in the ENTITY raws. I found this out when I tried to introduce/mod in a civilization based on the GWAR mythos.

I think civilizations automatically override the creature's normal breeding behavior, as I also noticed that, on the other end of the spectrum, the members of my custom mouseman civilization were always giving birth to children one at a time, even though they weren't supposed to be able to have litters smaller than two.
No stray multiple_litter_rare tag?

Just checked for it (using the find function in Notepad), it wasn't there, so that's not the problem.

Did you have the [LITTERSIZE] tag?

Yep, [LITTERSIZE:2:12]

Here's the entire code for them:

Spoiler: 40d mousefolk (click to show/hide)

I suppose that it could be a result of some of the other weird stuff I did with them (made them vermin, made them pets, gave them an attack with a bottom damage value of zero, the weirdly low melting point (intended to make them kind of cartoonish), the modified body plan, et cetera), but I don't think so. I still think that the small litters were a side effect of making them a civilization.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2011, 03:29:25 pm by Bohandas »
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

SlimyMarmot

• Bay Watcher
  • Mucous-y
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2011, 07:02:10 pm »

Salroka! Success.

You actually managed to pull this off, then? What were the final tags you used in this marvelous discovery?

sir_laser

• Bay Watcher
  • It's lucky to be smart, but smarter to be lucky.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2011, 10:07:08 pm »

Salroka! Success.

You actually managed to pull this off, then? What were the final tags you used in this marvelous discovery?

Code: [Select]

[PETVALUE:10]
[PET]
[TRAINABLE]
[MOUNT]
[COMMON_DOMESTIC]
[NATURAL]

[CHILD:100]
[GENERAL_CHILD_NAME:dragonling:dragonlings]
[LITTERSIZE:1:1]
and copying the dragon entry to creature_domestic.txt

These are the tags I changed or added. The first block is so that they's show up at embark. The second is for little dragonlings.

I forgot to mention this is for 31.12 (fail). But the only difference I observed between the two version's raws were:

Code: [Select]
[MENT_ATT_RANGE:WILLPOWER:3000:3500:3750:4000:4250:4500:5000]
[LAIR:SIMPLE_BURROW:100]
[HABIT_NUM:TEST_ALL]
[HABIT:COLLECT_WEALTH:100]
[NATURAL_SKILL:BITE:6]
[NATURAL_SKILL:GRASP_STRIKE:6]
[NATURAL_SKILL:STANCE_STRIKE:6]
[NATURAL_SKILL:RANGED_COMBAT:6]
[NATURAL_SKILL:MELEE_COMBAT:6]
[NATURAL_SKILL:DODGING:6]
[NATURAL_SKILL:SITUATIONAL_AWARENESS:6]