Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Game crashing near Lairs  (Read 1106 times)

WisdomThumbs

• Bay Watcher
  • Drawing Meaning
    • View Profile
    • Wisdom-Thumbs on DeviantArt
Game crashing near Lairs
« on: April 11, 2013, 09:27:56 am »

I just recently reinstalled Dwarf Fortress and started playing on my old saves. I've tried fast traveling close to it and just plain walking up to it from far away, but if I get within a few tiles of a Lair my game immediately crashes. I've gone to four different lairs, even ones I've cleared, and it does the same thing with all of them.

Is there any thing I can do to fix this, or are my save files just corrupted somehow?
"She'd lost her hand, her youth, and her husband. Her entire body was a maze of scars, and without her crutch she could only drag herself over the rocks. But Dema Beandeaths wasn't done just yet. She still had a long way to go, and that six-limbed armadillo devil godking wasn't about to kill itself."
- -- -
I draw things

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: Game crashing near Lairs
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2013, 03:30:04 pm »

Are you playing on the same version as your old saves? I know that save. Compatibility was compromised between .31 and .34. It that is the case, or under most circumstances, generating a new world might be the simplest fix. Is the game giving you any particular error messages?
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

WisdomThumbs

• Bay Watcher
  • Drawing Meaning
    • View Profile
    • Wisdom-Thumbs on DeviantArt
Re: Game crashing near Lairs
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2013, 10:26:04 pm »

I'm pretty sure I was using .34 for the saves. The last time I played was in January, and I had a fully updated copy of the game.

It doesn't give me any special error messages, it just says that the program is not responding and will now close. It's the same as what happens when I try to pray to a god.

Maybe I should backup my saves and reinstall the game?
"She'd lost her hand, her youth, and her husband. Her entire body was a maze of scars, and without her crutch she could only drag herself over the rocks. But Dema Beandeaths wasn't done just yet. She still had a long way to go, and that six-limbed armadillo devil godking wasn't about to kill itself."
- -- -
I draw things