Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: *Spoilers* Got turned into [something unpleasant] - huh?  (Read 30526 times)

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
Re: *Spoilers* Got turned into [something unpleasant] - huh?
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2011, 05:59:10 pm »

This has happened before, though I'm not sure if it was someone bodyswapping with demons specifically, just underground stuff.

Is there still that glitch where being directly under a site let you quick travel even while you were underground, or did Toady fix that? If he didn't, you can try that to escape.
nah it's not fixed just that being a demon might make you hostile to the civ thus most likely prevent you from leaving.
though seeing as your in the body swap state you could have just slept and the game would have randomly swap to a different body next time you wake up. due to how DF sleeping is just traveling in 1 spot.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Anathema

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2011, 07:36:28 pm »

This has happened before, though I'm not sure if it was someone bodyswapping with demons specifically, just underground stuff.

Is there still that glitch where being directly under a site let you quick travel even while you were underground, or did Toady fix that? If he didn't, you can try that to escape.
nah it's not fixed just that being a demon might make you hostile to the civ thus most likely prevent you from leaving.
though seeing as your in the body swap state you could have just slept and the game would have randomly swap to a different body next time you wake up. due to how DF sleeping is just traveling in 1 spot.

Oh wow, it works. I slept once and woke up as an elephant on the surface. Again and woke up as a giant mole in a cavern underneath the ocean. This save has suddenly become far more interesting - I'll bet you didn't know cave crocodiles have high musicality.

Edit: Now experiencing life as a magma crab. It's a serene existence, swimming across the magma sea, idly seeking a volcano to gain access to the surface.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2011, 07:47:48 pm by Anathema »
The good news is that ghosts die of old age.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2011, 07:38:09 pm »

Kafka much?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2011, 07:50:15 pm »

Sounds like a serious case of Body Surfing. I hope this bug never gets fixed because it sounds awesome.

What happens if you try sleeping in a town?
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2011, 07:52:23 pm »

That.... Is surreal.

Dwarf Fortress: Where being a magma crab is a hell of a lot more easy then being a dwarf.

Anathema

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2011, 08:17:37 pm »

I'm attempting to reach a town as an Elephant. This is a slow process because any traveling or sleeping triggers a body swap. Bogeymen do show up to kill you even as an animal if you're alone at night, but you can safely wait out the night near a herd of friendlies.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2011, 08:21:52 pm »

I'm attempting to reach a town as an Elephant. This is a slow process because any traveling or sleeping triggers a body swap. Bogeymen do show up to kill you even as an animal if you're alone at night, but you can safely wait out the night near a herd of friendlies.

How far away is the nearest town?

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2011, 08:24:40 pm »

Sounds like a serious case of Body Surfing. I hope this bug never gets fixed because it sounds awesome.

or better yet, if it were fully incorporated into the game as a real controlled feature as part of the magic arc
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Anathema

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2011, 08:35:18 pm »

About a day and a half's travel; had to rest (i.e. wait out the night, since you can't sleep) once and got there the second day with plenty of sunlight left. Surprisingly, the humans are friendly and can give me quests! "Hello elephant, a particular outlaw has been causing us much hardship.."

http://img842.imageshack.us/i/questy.jpg/

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2011, 08:38:43 pm »

About a day and a half's travel; had to rest (i.e. wait out the night, since you can't sleep) once and got there the second day with plenty of sunlight left. Surprisingly, the humans are friendly and can give me quests! "Hello elephant, a particular outlaw has been causing us much hardship.."

http://img842.imageshack.us/i/questy.jpg/
I knew it, THE ELEPHANTS WERE WORKING WITH THE HUMANS ALL ALONG! They hired them to kill us dwarves so they can come by when we're all dead and steal our stuff.

Anyway, what happens if you sleep in town? Can you switch bodies with one of the residents?
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2011, 08:50:31 pm »

God, imagine how creepy this would be if you were the body-swapping adventurer.

You go out for a bit of camping, and when you wake up you are suddenly a completely horrifying creature in a giant underground cavern. Scared and alone, you go to sleep and wake up again as a crab, and finally an elephant. As an elephant, you search for a town or maybe a hospital, and when you get to one nobody really cares!

Anathema

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2011, 08:51:23 pm »

Traveled to a nearby fort to recruit some companions, and.. discovered that Elephants can't open doors. All my plans for becoming the first great Elephant general ruined. Which means I won't be able to sleep indoors in a town, either.

Anyway, moral of the story: don't sleep on glaciers. In fact, don't set foot on them at all, no matter how many bogeymen are chasing you.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2011, 08:53:12 pm by Anathema »

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2011, 08:53:24 pm »

Traveled to a nearby fort to recruit some companions, and.. discovered that Elephants can't open doors. All my plans for becoming the first great Elephant general ruined. Which means I won't be able to sleep indoors in a town, either.

Well... Nothing more to do now then sleep and hope you come back as a humanoid again.

Anathema

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2011, 08:59:06 pm »

Alas, it wasn't meant to be. One of the human guards just wandered out of the fort doors so that we could talk, but apparently they have a prejudice against talking Elephants:

http://img834.imageshack.us/i/enthusiasm.jpg/

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2011, 09:02:40 pm »

Alas, it wasn't meant to be. One of the human guards just wandered out of the fort doors so that we could talk, but apparently they have a prejudice against talking Elephants:

http://img834.imageshack.us/i/enthusiasm.jpg/

Quick! Ask him for a quest!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5