Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Your favorite companion  (Read 5152 times)

shlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Your favorite companion
« on: January 16, 2011, 05:37:07 pm »

My favorite companion is a human elite wrestler. He started out as a lasher but soon was turned into a cripple (i don't even remember when and by what). He bit and shook his way to elite wrestlerdom, and when i checked his attributes with dfusion i found he has superhuman willpower. He saved my adventurers butt a few times by taking numerous beatings when i passed out from pain. Broken limbs he doesn't care about since he has had motor and sensory nerves of every limb severed for quite some time. I would equip him with the best large iron crap i run across but he can't pick it up so he will have to keep going like this.
His nose is broken and his right hand thumb is gone, and all his limbs bear the mark of old wounds including a massive straight scar.
How about your favorite companions (can they still stand and hold weapons)?

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
Re: Your favorite companion
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2011, 08:04:23 pm »

My favorite companion is, and always will be, Drunks.

It's hard to find them, though. But hey, that's what makes them awesome. They're rare, and extremely powerful.

jrmy

• Bay Watcher
  • on break
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2011, 08:28:46 pm »

My favorite companion is, and always will be, Drunks.

It's hard to find them, though. But hey, that's what makes them awesome. They're rare, and extremely powerful.

This explains a lot! My current adventurer's first recruit was a drunk, who has been the only companion to consistently survive encounters with bandits/warlords etc. The most badass thing she's done was cut someone in half with her iron carving knife :3c

Seanp888

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy *shrug*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2011, 08:42:27 pm »

I just found this one guy named (Reko Mallumutk "Reko the Perplexing Martyr" Charcoal Devil) And i  found him inside this one human keep labeled as a prisoner  his equipment was decorated Nicely with facy items and his description is as follows (A great scaly Coyote twisted into a humanoid form it, Squirms and fidgets, Its charcoal scales are jagged and close-set, Beware its Fire !

He is skinny)

So this guy is some kinda forgotten beast that was captured or somthing? hopefully he will make a kick ass companion ! and turn all those goblins into !!Goblins!!

Log : When i was exploring with Reko we found some lions and he threw a fire ball at one lion killing it and then he ran into the flames and killed the rest !
Log II: After when getting almost to a fort i was heading too we where ambushed by a team of humans and I noticed Reko can also  Breath fire aswell as throw it also he is an awesome fighter
Log III: Later after 3 Ambushes i fell pray to a mace goblin because Reko got distracted by a swarm of buzzards and chased them away with fire balls while my skull was bashed in , maybe i  will find him again?
« Last Edit: January 17, 2011, 06:11:43 am by Seanp888 »
\  I don't imagine them marching out there in a column and facing the enemy in a phalanx and using traditional footwork and precise blows to disable their target.  I figure they chug six beers, strap up and roll out with the intention of making something vomit.\

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
  • Armok Cultist - Calligrapher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2011, 01:05:48 am »

My favorite companion is Laura. Well, she was my favorite companion, until she betrayed me - She shot me with an arrow during a fight, and she didnt even try to claim it was an accident.

Now, shes lieing on the ground in a small cave, with the tendons in her legs cut, broken ribs, a broken leg, a broken arm, a broken hand, and a dagger sticking out of her left eye. She wont die any time soon either - I made sure of that.

Damn i feel bad :(
This is the third time this has happened to one of my companions
I Like To Think Of Myself As An Artist - I Create Masterpieces With My Tools Of Trade.

minno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2011, 09:43:39 am »

My favorite companion is Laura. Well, she was my favorite companion, until she betrayed me - She shot me with an arrow during a fight, and she didnt even try to claim it was an accident.

Now, shes lieing on the ground in a small cave, with the tendons in her legs cut, broken ribs, a broken leg, a broken arm, a broken hand, and a dagger sticking out of her left eye. She wont die any time soon either - I made sure of that.

Damn i feel bad :(
This is the third time this has happened to one of my companions

That reminds me of the time one of my companions stole a titan kill from me.  I took them out into the forest and burned all 8 of them to death.

Maynot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2011, 04:31:38 pm »

My favorite companion has always been and will always be a Long Sword.  It is so fun to watch limbs go flying.
I play games of games inside games in my head.

Angry Bob

• Bay Watcher
  • Prone to catastrophic apathy
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2011, 06:55:39 pm »

I've never had a specific companion that I remember, but I do enjoy conscripting a mob of villagers armed with knives. I got the idea after I stumbled upon a kobold cave with something like 150 kobolds in it. They're weak, but when they mob you, they don't screw around.
FUN FOR THE FUN GOD

Serrational

• Bay Watcher
  • Gentlemen prefer magma.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2011, 12:29:59 pm »

I have a spearman, the the second guy I ever recruited. His legs got smashed to pieces, they healed, but he still crawls from the old wounds...
..and he just got knocked unconcious.
And a chieftess is trying to knock his head in.
And his helmet is stopping every blow.
This could get embarrassing...
I figured the guy was a goner too when a noseless bat from hell flew right over the fortifications and attacked.

Anathema

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2011, 06:40:52 pm »

I still remember my first companion; I was a total noob to adventuring, and recruited a Bone Doctor under the (mistaken) belief that he might do some doctoring. Hah. Ha. Not so much, but every combat log thereafter was full of him twisting his copper knife about in wounds and ripping off fingers/toes/hands - I liked to think that he was, ah, "practicing" his profession upon the kobolds. He outlived a good many professional soldier companions too, even 'til his end he was crawling around stabbing that knife into eyes and twisting it about with his one good hand - cackling madly as he did so, I have no doubt. Eventually eaten by a Jaguar ambush; I always thought the old mad doctor deserved a better end.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 06:43:18 pm by Anathema »
The good news is that ghosts die of old age.

Confused111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2011, 02:08:00 pm »

I named most of my companions after friends. All but one of them died. Unfortunately, he was disabled by a cyclops who scratched his leg clean off. He didn't die there, but he did later after we had some more adventures and killed a couple titans.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2011, 01:45:31 pm »

drunks.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Renzuko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2011, 09:46:35 pm »

lol i went back to the fort where i got the quest to kill my first bandit chieftaness, and recruited anyone who would join me, in the end it was just 3 villagers...was kinda mad that i cant equip them with stuff, i have so much gear from the chieftaness, her camp had her with a bow, a lasher, a spearman, and a swordsman...the swordsman tried to run away *maniac laughter*

Necalli

• Bay Watcher
  • amusing ourselves to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2011, 12:22:19 am »

Macemen are good too.
Though my fave are miners. These are like perfect "chop-chop-crush-pwn" machines. And they usually come broad, tough and muscular - finding a scrawny miner can be a quest on itself.

Drunks are an interesting alternative. I should look them up.

Aramco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2011, 05:15:32 pm »

I don't remember his name, but my favorite was the one that I took out into the mountains, then killed him, and took his soul armor.
Or maybe there's a god who's just completely insane and sends you to Detroit, Michigan in a new body if you ever utter the name "Pat Sajak".
Pages: [1] 2