Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: MEDIC!!  (Read 1282 times)

Draegur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
MEDIC!!
« on: April 01, 2011, 12:38:44 am »

So lemme get this straight...
There is a health screen that I can access from my hero's status.
In the health screen, there is a tab designated "Treatment".
Furthermore, there are PLENTY of doctor, surgeon, diagnostician, et cetera non-player-characters I can run into...
BUT THERE'S NO EFFING WAY TO GET TREATMENT, IS THERE?

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU--

I'm not very happy about this -_-

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
Re: MEDIC!!
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2011, 01:29:27 am »

TAKE A CHILL PILL BRO.
Game's not done, and Fortress Mode is the feature presentation. It will be implemented soon enough.
Hello Hunam

jakeread1

• Bay Watcher
  • Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan, I got this.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2011, 03:21:02 am »

I can imagine what would happen if you hired a fail doc

"The doctor has accidentally caused a space time vortex!!
You have been vortexed....
A wild Cthulu appears!!!
You have been struck down!"
New Character awaits a epic black vs hood black vs straight up black fight!
http://www.youtube.com/user/jakeread1 <----- that there is my youtube channel!

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2011, 03:35:30 am »

I think it would be more like

You have hired UristMcmindfuck, the faildoctor

Urist sedates you

Urist slashes you in the throat!

You have bled to death

Urist: What? That's not surgery?
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Hammerstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2011, 10:43:40 am »

Scalpel.

Blood bucket.

Priest.

Next patient!

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2011, 03:53:48 pm »

What? Do you give me a free scalpel and a blood bucket to kill a priest? The. Best. Clinic. Ever.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Baron Baconeer

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:horrifying features]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2011, 04:08:50 pm »

What? Do you give me a free scalpel and a blood bucket to kill a priest? The. Best. Clinic. Ever.

Nope, you put the bucket on your head, and the priest does the same. Then you have a blood-cowered blinded knife fight with scalpels.

Yes, mother ****ing walruses stormed in through my well room, fatally gored my expedition leader, and danced off into the frosty tundra to sing happy walrus songs about oysters.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2011, 04:17:27 pm »

One could consult Rumrusher about how to properly switch between fortress mode and adventure mode, as well as change your adventurer's civ. At that point just make a little hut full of doctors with medical supplies including soap, change your adventurer's civ to be the same as theirs, and let your adventurer and party rest up for a while, the doctors will take care of your injuries.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Hammerstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2011, 04:27:52 pm »

Nope, you put the bucket on your head, and the priest does the same. Then you have a blood-cowered blinded knife fight with scalpels.

It's actually an old Futurama quote, in the episode where Fry and Bender join the army, Zoidberg shows up there as a doctor. The scene went as follows.

Zoidberg says "Scalpal." The nurse hands him one, and he makes an incision in a wounded soldier's chest. He says "Blood bucket." The nurse hands him one, and he sets it underneath the operating table, then turns to the nurse and says "Priest." Then he turns to look offscreen and calls "Next patient!"

Until the recent fixes to the medical proffesion and injuries, the dwarf doctors had even less ability than this.

Draegur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2011, 05:33:33 pm »

o_o fascinating. Well, I figured out how to back up my save, so...
Whenever the game screws me due to its incompleteness, I'll screw back with reloading like a dirty whore. :D