Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Your favorite companion  (Read 5132 times)

Lovechild

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Your favorite companion
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2011, 05:33:14 pm »

My favorites are always those random peasants who fight with nothing but a fork and insane courage. Adventurers have stats and equipment, and soldiers live behind walls with dozens of armed buddies. Peasants have none of this, but they have a will to make a difference in this sick sad world. They join you of own free will, knowing the dangers they will face, unlike the soldiers (who are obviously under standing orders to join any adventurer who asks for it).
All Races Playable Mod - Minimal mod to play as any race in DF - For 0.50.01

Confused111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2011, 07:54:22 am »

Those adventurers you find and eventually seem like they'll live forever. I had around four, and two of them had titles.

noah22223

• Bay Watcher
  • No. you fucking lose.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2011, 12:44:10 pm »

I just set my stats to legendary swordsman,
while ignoring EVERYTHING else,
Also, while being demigod.
Then, my sword will kill with glee!
ELF MASS MURDER, HERE I COME!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWTFG3J1CP8
So I'm a Depressing Jesus Wizard being stalked by Satan Lights, and my home's wiring is going bad?
Goddammit.

Necalli

• Bay Watcher
  • amusing ourselves to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2011, 04:45:51 pm »

I just set my stats to legendary swordsman,
while ignoring EVERYTHING else

Since we are here, why not set his dodge and charge preferences to 'stand ground'? Also, armor is for pussies. Shields too.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Zdrok

• Bay Watcher
  • You are melting!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2011, 07:57:33 am »

I took my first quest to kill some thing up on a mountain (Idr what, it was like a giant spider or something) and brought a peasant to defend against bogeys.  He was named Ori something.  I finally climbed all the way up there and carefully entered the tiny cave cut into the rock.  I planned my attack as I walked through.  Suddenly the thing came running around a corner, pinned me against a wall, and pierced my lung all before I could react.  I thought I was screwed once again, but suddenly Ori comes up behind the spider with his carving knife and giant throbbing balls and cuts off the spider's head.  We rested in the cave until I was ready to head home, and we were ambushed by bandits.  We were way overpowered, and he sacrificed himself to distract them while I ran away.  He was the best companion ever.

Later on, I had amassed a massive army and become a godly dual blade.  We met up with the EXACT SAME BANDITS.  In the most epic bloodbath of all time, I got my revenge.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2011, 02:18:14 am »

A strange little maceman named Atir Tickmarkets. He was my first companion, my last companion, and unarguably my best companion to that adventurer. We slew many an enemy while our comrades' bodies piled up around us, injured, crawling from his own worthless legs, and unarmed though he was, he survived until the end of our adventures, when I too suffered a horribly mangled leg/foot or something. I tried to walk it off in a town with a crutch I'd taken earlier, despairing over the fact I couldn't give him my other one and have him follow me until we were back up to speed. I called it quits eventually and retired, and I think that world has been deleted. We both had full titles.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
Pages: 1 [2]