Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: 1056 called, and it wants its fort back...  (Read 2222 times)

Maynot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 1056 called, and it wants its fort back...
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2011, 12:56:45 pm »

Your adventurer should have been strong enough to make short work of the boogey men.  Though with a hammer it is tougher, all you really need to do is bite them and rip off limbs.  Other than that, have your adventurer travel at night, sleep during the day, so they don't sneak attack you while sleeping.  Also try to control how many are right next to you and keep moving.  Boggey men are, from what I can tell, very light and very small.  Knocking them over is quite easy as well as wrestling/throwing.
I play games of games inside games in my head.

penco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2011, 04:18:26 pm »

I could have taken them, but I would have had to forgo fast travel and cross the whole world map the slow way AND fight an endless stream of bogeys. I can make a new adventurer faster than I can be bothered with all that.

Anathema

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2011, 10:05:35 pm »

I could have taken them, but I would have had to forgo fast travel and cross the whole world map the slow way AND fight an endless stream of bogeys. I can make a new adventurer faster than I can be bothered with all that.

It's not that bad, you can still travel, you just have to stop and kill off a group of bogeymen about once per night (some nights you get lucky and none at all). I've been trying to master the solo adventurer (everything just seems too easy with a horde of canon fodder companions), and bogeyman killing doesn't slow me down much, the only problem is you fight enough of them and sooner or later one gets a lucky hit on guts or lung and things go rapidly downhill from there.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2011, 10:09:16 pm by Anathema »
The good news is that ghosts die of old age.
Pages: 1 [2]