Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 17

Author Topic: Monster Hunter Universe Mod v 0.4.7 (+ tileset&graphics)  (Read 77732 times)

Iados

• Bay Watcher
  • Back from the Dead
    • View Profile
    • deviantArt
Re: Monster Hunter Universe Mod v 0.4.6 (+ tileset&graphics)
« Reply #105 on: April 17, 2011, 02:14:28 am »

no the complete install use the normal version... but remember that Great Jaggis/Bulldrome/Velocidrome/etc... are castes of the Jaggis/Bullfangos/Velocipreys/etc...

But i noticed now that Great Jaggis and Bulldromes lack a [POP_RATIO] :) fixing bug right now!

Dwarven WMD

• Bay Watcher
  • Amateur Aspiring Coder
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 17, 2011, 12:09:31 pm »

Why am I only recently hearing about this mod!?
I'm going to kill someone!
After I kill those damned Jaggi!
The Russian throws Steiner into a chair, screaming "I do not care about genetic research!"
The Russian pulls out a M1911!
The Russian screams "I am Viktor Reznov! And I, will, have, my, REVENGE!"
The Russian shoots Steiner between the eyes.
The Russian loses juice.

Dwarven WMD

• Bay Watcher
  • Amateur Aspiring Coder
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 17, 2011, 12:16:29 pm »

One thing that I find odd, though. (Where'd my edit button go?)

Isn't Raviente the impossibly large monster on Monster Hunter Frontier that is so large, he takes up half of the island you battle him on?

I thought there was no other creature in the series that was larger than him?
The Russian throws Steiner into a chair, screaming "I do not care about genetic research!"
The Russian pulls out a M1911!
The Russian screams "I am Viktor Reznov! And I, will, have, my, REVENGE!"
The Russian shoots Steiner between the eyes.
The Russian loses juice.

Iados

• Bay Watcher
  • Back from the Dead
    • View Profile
    • deviantArt
« Reply #108 on: April 17, 2011, 02:05:07 pm »

Yeah it's that huge guy.
However i found this little info(to the bottom of the Notes section) about Lao-Shans fought in-game being the childrens... so i made them grow even bigger after 2000 years

Alternatecash

• Bay Watcher
  • PREFSTRING: [flammable head]
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 18, 2011, 08:12:53 pm »

I think I'm going to combine this with Kobold Camp. Wish me luck.
Explore a half-ruined facility and play with dangerous
mutagens in my forum game.
It's back! A bit. Seriously, jump in.

goukaryuujin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 18, 2011, 08:22:02 pm »

You will have much Fun in store for you if you wander this path.... better make a comunity fort out of it before you get too far in!  :P
My wife, on the other hand, is sitting right next to me on her own computer playing DF, and her worldgens and embarks yield copious amounts of flux and iron. Armok likes her best.
Ok I stuffed up some how... I have Forgotten beasts and Mosswines as a Hostile Civ...

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 18, 2011, 11:56:27 pm »

DO EET
As long as you use regular mode then you should be fine. But there's no fun in that.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Alternatecash

• Bay Watcher
  • PREFSTRING: [flammable head]
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 19, 2011, 02:14:45 am »

It's been proven that cutebolds are regarded by the entire animal kingdom as the equivalent of potato chips. As soon as my current fort goes to the circus, I'll add this to kobold camp and report the results. PM me if it's been a week with no results.
Explore a half-ruined facility and play with dangerous
mutagens in my forum game.
It's back! A bit. Seriously, jump in.

BoomClap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 20, 2011, 03:02:06 am »

I'm sorry to say this, but your weapon data values are so screwed that I had to manually

fix stuff one by one.

For example, Yeah, I've been playing monster hunter 2nd G and I'm looking forward to the 3rd one. So I'm pretty familiar with the size of weapons

Looking from Giant swords to switch axes, I noticed that you messed up the weapon size. srsly? 3000? that's way too big you know.

Vanilla Halberd is big enough, and 3000 is nearly double that size.

also, what's wrong with the penetration values? those were way too low or way too high.

just look at this stuff!
[ATTACK:BLUNT:1000:20:smash:smashes:NO_SUB:1500]

I'm expecting a fix for this on next release.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 03:04:26 am by BoomClap »

Patchouli

• Bay Watcher
  • Where very delicious cake shop?
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 20, 2011, 04:13:48 am »

I'm sorry to say this, but your weapon data values are so screwed that I had to manually

fix stuff one by one.

For example, Yeah, I've been playing monster hunter 2nd G and I'm looking forward to the 3rd one. So I'm pretty familiar with the size of weapons

Looking from Giant swords to switch axes, I noticed that you messed up the weapon size. srsly? 3000? that's way too big you know.

also, what's wrong with the penetration values? those were way too low or way too high.

just look at this stuff!

The values are largely invisible from actual gameplay. It's all really abstract and in the background, and sometimes, you'll just use out-of-whack values to get the desired or exaggerate the in-game effect you want, even though the weapon isn't really like that. It could use more tweaking, but it really takes a LONG time to test weapons, especially when considering different materials and the armors that they'll be used against.

It's one thing making values for real weapons, but MH weapons are about as unrealistic as they get, so there's a lot of room for freedom in messing with the values if it comes out to a good result in-game.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 04:16:33 am by Patchouli »

BoomClap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 20, 2011, 05:11:31 am »

fix stuff one by one.

just look at this stuff!

The values are largely invisible from actual gameplay. It's all really abstract and in the background, and sometimes, you'll just use out-of-whack values to get the desired or exaggerate the in-game effect you want, even though the weapon isn't really like that. It could use more tweaking, but it really takes a LONG time to test weapons, especially when considering different materials and the armors that they'll be used against.

It's one thing making values for real weapons, but MH weapons are about as unrealistic as they get, so there's a lot of room for freedom in messing with the values if it comes out to a good result in-game.

oh, so so you mean, like if the numbers aren't absurd, the changes aren't visible? so gettling insanely high values or insanely low values

can be intended? I didn't know that.

Patchouli

• Bay Watcher
  • Where very delicious cake shop?
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 20, 2011, 05:31:48 am »

The effects of the changes are naturally visible in-game, but exaggerated values can be done for purposes that deviate from accuracy. When I said "values are largely invisible from actual gameplay", I mean it in the sense that when playing the game, you won't see the numerical penetration values and such. Because of that, if you're using a lance in the game and it feels sufficiently lance-like in how it damages things, it doesn't really matter what the numbers behind it are, because you're getting the result that you're looking for.

For example, unrealistically setting the TWO_HANDED tag as a high number to force everyone to use the weapon with two hands, even though realistically, a giant would be able to use such a weapon with one hand.

The numbers might just be completely crazy so that damage from weapons are more drastic in this mod than in vanilla, or to make sure something happens.

Take a look in this thread. It becomes easier to see why you might mess with the values to extremes to force certain types of damage or injury.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 05:43:15 am by Patchouli »

Ult1mara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Ult1mara's Let's Plays and reviews
« Reply #117 on: April 20, 2011, 04:48:25 pm »

I was wondering....for ppl like me, basically lazy mofos. Is there a chance you could possibly upload an actual game client with this mod in it?

I iz too lazy too actually copy/paste stuffs LOL. Would much rather have many copies of DF but different mods ^_^

Thanks is advance

P.S. Can I do an LP on this mod as well as my other LPs on other mods?
The local scottish drunken dwarf
Dwarf Fortress Mod Reviews
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=84405.0

goukaryuujin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 20, 2011, 05:00:01 pm »

hmmmmmm for some reason undead mosswine dissapear without leaving anything.....  :o
My wife, on the other hand, is sitting right next to me on her own computer playing DF, and her worldgens and embarks yield copious amounts of flux and iron. Armok likes her best.
Ok I stuffed up some how... I have Forgotten beasts and Mosswines as a Hostile Civ...

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 20, 2011, 07:42:34 pm »

It's an undead thing. Usually when they get killed they'll just go POOF and disappear.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 17