Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 17

Author Topic: Monster Hunter Universe Mod v 0.4.7 (+ tileset&graphics)  (Read 78564 times)

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
Re: Monster Hunter Universe Mod v 0.4.7 (+ tileset&graphics)
« Reply #150 on: April 30, 2011, 02:42:18 am »

No, it's so they can dig into your fort and kill your dwarves.  :P
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Garbles

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:height]
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: May 02, 2011, 06:02:22 pm »

Been messing around with adventure mode for the first time, and bullfangos are CRAZY TOUGH. Started with a copper battle axe, and wandered into what looked like a lone fango. I managed to slice him up enough that he passed out from pain. Then I hacked at his head more than 2000 times. I was just holding left after a while.

Then I passed out from exhaustion, and a bulldrome sneaked up behind me and bit my skull off.

Later I was fighting a pack in the wild, and discovered that its pretty easy to lop off every one of their limbs, poke out their eyes and then just hack at their throats until you get bored or accidentally target their head.

Alternatecash

• Bay Watcher
  • PREFSTRING: [flammable head]
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: May 02, 2011, 07:31:41 pm »

So, without major surgery, this mod and kobold camp are mostly non-viable together. Even on more creatures mode my little volcano camp never saw anything tougher than mosswine after 5 years. The new metals make it near-impossible to embark with any kind of tools, as well. Still, I bet this would be a blast attached to vanilla.
Explore a half-ruined facility and play with dangerous
mutagens in my forum game.
It's back! A bit. Seriously, jump in.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: May 02, 2011, 11:16:31 pm »

It is. Trust me. ;D
Anyway, yeah. Their skulls are made of copper, so smacking them with copper weapons probably isn't going to do much.
As for me, I got lucky and started with an eltalite longsword and shield. 8)
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: May 04, 2011, 01:15:54 pm »

Many megabeasts die off to old age quickly(10-15 years), and don't seem to make offspring, so I have to generate a year 2 world for maximum Fun. Either that or I mod the raws so that they live thousands of years. Is this intended?
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Iados

• Bay Watcher
  • Back from the Dead
    • View Profile
    • deviantArt
« Reply #155 on: May 06, 2011, 12:27:38 pm »

Many megabeasts die off to old age quickly(10-15 years), and don't seem to make offspring, so I have to generate a year 2 world for maximum Fun. Either that or I mod the raws so that they live thousands of years. Is this intended?
for the no offspring, everybody has eggs and male/female caste, so i think you are just unlucky.

the max age is currently 190:210, but i'm going to increase it.

EDIT: noticed that some creatures had VERY LOW maxages. Shen Gaoren 10-16 years. Fixing it in next update.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2011, 02:21:59 pm by Iados »

Duhan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: May 06, 2011, 04:02:12 pm »

Nice mod, Iados ;)

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: May 11, 2011, 11:25:58 am »

dude turn down the bullfangos they are overpowered
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Wirevix

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammered Elf Sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: May 12, 2011, 12:03:41 am »

I always love more monsters to force into my fortress's employ, so I picked this up and then ran NoExotics for my own amusement.  In the process I discovered that baggis have no petvalue, so I was able to embark with a bit over 100 of them.

And then they got angry because they were crowded.  Baggi war!
In other news, the trees in my game can have invisible sex.

Garbles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: May 12, 2011, 10:47:39 am »

dude turn down the bullfangos they are overpowered

I never really had much trouble with fangos. Sometimes in Fortress Mode they were annoying early on, but as long as you're not sending unarmored  and/or solo dwarfs out to thin the population, they go down without much trouble. And in Adventure mode they only killed me when they ambushed me while sleeping, or they got a few good gores in. Just make sure to go for their hooves so they fall over and can't bullrush you.

They do seem to be immune to bleeding to death, as I've mentioned, though. Not sure if thats a bug or a feature.

goukaryuujin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: May 12, 2011, 05:29:51 pm »

They do seem to be immune to bleeding to death, as I've mentioned, though. Not sure if thats a bug or a feature.

I would say that that is a bug.....
My wife, on the other hand, is sitting right next to me on her own computer playing DF, and her worldgens and embarks yield copious amounts of flux and iron. Armok likes her best.
Ok I stuffed up some how... I have Forgotten beasts and Mosswines as a Hostile Civ...

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: May 13, 2011, 09:31:37 am »

also i got some you are melting anounchments after killing some veociprey. Bug or Feature?
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Iados

• Bay Watcher
  • Back from the Dead
    • View Profile
    • deviantArt
« Reply #162 on: May 15, 2011, 01:40:01 am »

ok, i'm back. I had a very busy week and i barely managed to touch the agnaktor's code :)

so...
bug. A "_" instead of a ":" and they completely lack any blood. Fixing it.

also i got some you are melting anounchments after killing some veociprey. Bug or Feature?
weird... i have personally killed many 'preys, and never get the melting announcement. Probabily it was some other thing.

Harry959

• Bay Watcher
  • Anti-Flanking Bomber Goat
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: May 17, 2011, 07:52:43 pm »

I love this mod so far.
I love this mod so much that I started a DF LP series with this mod on. I'll link the mod in the video description.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2011, 04:31:08 pm by Harry959 »

Garbles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: May 18, 2011, 10:42:33 pm »

I've noticed that most of the critters don't have PREFSTRINGs. This leads to "Urist McHunter likes yian garugas for their." Minor problem, and easy to fix. If you don't feel like bothering to go through them all, Iados, I could go through and add them for you. When I noticed, I added a few to my favorites (like yian garuga, because he's a badass).
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 17