Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17

Author Topic: Monster Hunter Universe Mod v 0.4.7 (+ tileset&graphics)  (Read 78625 times)

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
Re: Monster Hunter Universe Mod v 0.4.7 (+ tileset&graphics)
« Reply #210 on: May 18, 2013, 08:39:32 pm »

In my sig there is "Modder's Resource" if you wish you can learn to mod, as I have several links and a Wiki Rip that allows you faster and offline access to the valuable information on the wiki. Also we have several threads dedicated to answering all your modding questions. And looking at the current raws of vanilla DF can really help you understand how things work.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: May 18, 2013, 09:13:42 pm »

Now that I've actually played a Monster Hunter game (3U), I can properly appreciate this mod. And cry because it's ancient.

I might consider picking it up, but I have no skill either. I'll be sure to take a look at your resources though, Hugo.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

howitended

• Bay Watcher
  • Real men wear pink
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: August 27, 2013, 12:08:45 am »

This mod had such potential, really hoping somebody picks it back up.

And SirAaron, if you do decide to do some work on it, keep in mind that just about every natural ability the monsters should have seems to be entirely nonworking.

Daora's wind veil seems to work when you put them in the arena, but only until you take control of something. Not sure why commanding a unit breaks it, but it may still be FUN in fortress mode. (especially considering it seems to be insanely OP, even compared to other monsters from this mod)

(no, seriously.. it took like 4 tigrex at once to bring one down in the arena, after it'd killed a hydra and well over 100 armed sentients of various races  ??? )
They built this whole neighborhood out of wood, out of wood
I guess I'll still be around when they burn, burn it down
I will be standing around when they burn it down

Here in the Museum of Idiots

dirkdragonslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Modder, Proficient Failure
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: August 27, 2013, 12:28:08 am »

fiiiiiiiiinaaaalllllyyyy! the mod i was always dreaming of, appears in my absence! Thank you so much!
"Games come and go, and we all get tired of some games after time, but Dwarf Fortress seems to grab me by the leg every couple months and drags me back with it's bloody, ASCII claw. I think this game has given me Stockholm syndrome, but I love it so, and it's simplistic style yet extremely complex mechanics are like fine art, like a beautifully crafted ☼Cave Spider Silk Sock☼" - Dirk 3/31/2014
TAIL SHOOOOES!

Duefaku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: October 06, 2013, 02:01:51 am »

Is it possible for you to make a separate the monsters into different generations? I'd like to play only using the 2nd gen and earlier (Freedom Unite and all before it.) because I'd like to keep the game with things I've experienced as I haven't played any 3rd or 4th(?) games.

EDIT: Also, quick question, will adding [AT_PEACE_WITH_WILDLIFE] to humans and dwarves cause the monsters to ignore me?
« Last Edit: October 06, 2013, 02:37:55 am by Duefaku »

Covenant Ringthane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: October 18, 2013, 08:39:46 am »

Might I ask if this mod's a total conversion? I'm interested in it, but I don't want it to be something that replaces vanilla. It's probably been asked before, but I'm just checking.

Thuellai

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody's business but the Turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: October 27, 2013, 05:57:33 pm »

This mod had such potential, really hoping somebody picks it back up.

And SirAaron, if you do decide to do some work on it, keep in mind that just about every natural ability the monsters should have seems to be entirely nonworking.

Daora's wind veil seems to work when you put them in the arena, but only until you take control of something. Not sure why commanding a unit breaks it, but it may still be FUN in fortress mode. (especially considering it seems to be insanely OP, even compared to other monsters from this mod)

(no, seriously.. it took like 4 tigrex at once to bring one down in the arena, after it'd killed a hydra and well over 100 armed sentients of various races  ??? )

That problem is because they were made back when dragonfire was a tag rather than an interaction.

Creature interactions, along with bodytype revisions and recreation, are going to be two of the biggest edits involved in recreating this mod.  The weapons and stuff are easy - most of that will work as-is.  It's the creatures which need the most revision, and unfortunately, the creatures are the largest (and in my opinion, most important) part of the mod.

I work on it in my off-time, but picking through all  those raws to figure out what needs revision is exhausting.  Half the time I'm tempted to start entirely from scratch.  Anyway, still hacking away at it.
When you're following an angel, does it mean you have to throw your body off a building?

"So kids, what story do you want me to read to you tonight?"
"Oooh!  Oooh!  Goldibeard and the The Rotting Corpses!"
~LegacyCWAL

Thuellai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: October 29, 2013, 05:21:05 pm »

Hey guys, guess what!

Monster Hunter is REBORN!

This is purely a beta, but all the critters are working.  I got three errors, but so far as I can tell, they're all harmless - the creatures spawn, fight, and spit their various fires, poisons, and clouds as expected.  All the weapons still work, Felynes and Melynx are spawning as needed, and I went ahead and corrected a bunch of typos.

The big thing I'd like you guys to do is watch out for weird interaction behavior - a couple interactions are still a little wonky (like the -blos roar) because I'm fairly new to creating interactions like this.  My thanks to SethCreiyd, as I used his Flora and Fauna mod as something of a library on interaction structure, allowing me to create all these varied monster attacks.

Also bring up any concerns you might have - a big part of why this is a beta is because I want to get it into the hands of more experienced players and modders who might notice things I didn't.  One thing I did run into is that right now, Genprey bites are basically death - even if you're left alone, the paralysis lasts so long that you inevitably suffocate.  Anybody know how to set up a syndrome that does a full-body lock but DOESN'T suffocate?  All my attempts just resulted in 'sluggish'ness.
When you're following an angel, does it mean you have to throw your body off a building?

~LegacyCWAL

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #218 on: October 30, 2013, 08:13:14 am »

I'll have to look at this at some point! I'll be sure to let you know any issues that crop up.

Thuellai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: December 16, 2013, 02:27:05 am »

Bumping for feedback

~LegacyCWAL

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: December 16, 2013, 02:36:08 am »

Ptw. Will try it out later
It's FEF, not FEOF

Ikaruga

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: December 18, 2013, 07:50:25 am »

Hi !

Thanks for the patch, Thuellai !

I played a bit in adventure mode, encountered a bunch of Jaggis, and everything went fine !
Strange thing is : when I stand on a stack of bones and create a piece of bone armor, no matter how many bones there are, it always consumes the whole stack, it seems...

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: December 18, 2013, 07:54:44 am »

Posting to watch, since this interest me.

Jimexmore

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: December 30, 2013, 01:43:24 am »

Did you fix that baggis?
Spess mehreens Spess mehreens we make our Enemies die

Thuellai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: December 31, 2013, 06:01:31 pm »

Hi !

Thanks for the patch, Thuellai !

I played a bit in adventure mode, encountered a bunch of Jaggis, and everything went fine !
Strange thing is : when I stand on a stack of bones and create a piece of bone armor, no matter how many bones there are, it always consumes the whole stack, it seems...

That's a known bug with adventure mode crafting, I believe, along with the bug having to do with...  Gauntlets, I think?

Glad to hear all the creatures are spawning and behaving as they should be.  They were the largest part of this mod, after all, and updating them to a functional standard for the new edition was definitely the longest part of things (I spawned each and every one to make sure nobody was missing skin or body materials.  Took hours)

It's just a really fun mod, and I've been frustrated for a while that it wasn't up to standards, so I got cracking.

~LegacyCWAL
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17