Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17

Author Topic: Monster Hunter Universe Mod v 0.4.7 (+ tileset&graphics)  (Read 78621 times)

Wimopy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Monster Hunter Universe Mod v 0.4.7 (+ tileset&graphics)
« Reply #225 on: January 09, 2014, 11:37:47 am »

Thuellai, first of all, thanks for bringing the mod up to date!

I've yet to meet anything other than bullfangos and shakalakas. Two things of note: As the bugs section of the main post in this thread says, bullfangos seem not to lose blood. A vamp can feed on them, but they don't actually bleed out anything. The other, for some reason, is that shakalas sent me to kill other shakalaka bandits who were in the same civ. At first all shakalakas were friendly, then when I killed the ringleader, all became enemies. Guess that might be a normal DF bug.

Also, bullfangos seem extremely common, every third quest is to kill a named one, but it might be just this gen, I'm genning a new world with more monsters and stuff and we'll see.

EDIT: Eh, having trouble genning a world, it just crashed randomly in the first 30 years. (So far: 25, 25, 25, 26, 2, success, 25, 0, 6 for crash years). No changes in the parameters. World gen goes through without the mod installed. It is the only mod installed on both the new LNP and a vanilla DF.
Errorlog:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 12:08:47 pm by Wimopy »
Now updating the Monster Hunter Universe mod
Current Version: 0.4.95b - Updated June 17, 2015
New Thread
Download
Old Thread

Iados

• Bay Watcher
  • Back from the Dead
    • View Profile
    • deviantArt
« Reply #226 on: January 12, 2014, 02:53:15 pm »

*looks around*
Dear God.

This mod was THIS popular?

Well... what can I say?
I think I owe you all an explanation: in the old days I was still working on this, my PC decided to die. Tech Support took some 4 months to fix it, and I lost all my files and my interest in both Dwarf Fortress and Monster Hunter in that time.
I just started playing again today and was checking the forums to download some mods, I'm honestly surprised this wasn't completely forgotten.

I don't think I'll pick it up again, I can't remember anything about how to mod, I admit it, and I'll probably just forget or lose interest again if I do. So Thuellai and anybody else who wants to has my "official" permission to continue/update the mod as they wish. :D

Well, with that said... when I find some time I really should get back to hanging around the forums... and maybe finally upload a decent avatar.

Wimopy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: January 13, 2014, 08:24:55 am »

*looks around*
Dear God.

This mod was THIS popular?

Well... what can I say?
I think I owe you all an explanation: in the old days I was still working on this, my PC decided to die. Tech Support took some 4 months to fix it, and I lost all my files and my interest in both Dwarf Fortress and Monster Hunter in that time.
I just started playing again today and was checking the forums to download some mods, I'm honestly surprised this wasn't completely forgotten.

I don't think I'll pick it up again, I can't remember anything about how to mod, I admit it, and I'll probably just forget or lose interest again if I do. So Thuellai and anybody else who wants to has my "official" permission to continue/update the mod as they wish. :D

Well, with that said... when I find some time I really should get back to hanging around the forums... and maybe finally upload a decent avatar.

Well, to be honest, I love Monster Hunter, even though I only picked it up at Tri. Those monsters in a DF game just shows how badass a hunter is and why those monsters are so dangerous (I hate seeing them in they shape they are in after a hunt, so it also helps my conscience).
Plus, we're talking about a game where monsters are already heavily detailed (part breaking), now it reaches DF levels, which is simply epic.

It was a damn great idea to combine MH with DF, really. Because monsters. Thanks for that, seriously, even though I wasn't actively playing in the version 31-era.
(Also, this may or may not have contributed to my acquaintance with MH in general)

Finally, welcome back to the madness that is Dwarf Fortress. *evil laughter, turning into a scream and the sound of magma and a wyvern roar*
New Thread
Download
Old Thread

dirkdragonslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Modder, Proficient Failure
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: January 18, 2014, 01:29:41 am »

I remember a this mod a while back, but I thought to myself, "Only me and a couple people like it, it won't take off, sadly." But it's back, lordy lordy, it's back. I love it when I see monster hunter implemented into other games, and I can see dwarf fortress handling this beautifully. I imagine hunter villages, charred and blacked by rathian fire, and fores... well, it's not time to ramble, it's time to download. Awesome!

Edit: Nvm, thought this was a rehatching of the idea, turned out people necro'd it for nostalgia's sake.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2014, 01:32:32 am by dirkdragonslayer »
"Games come and go, and we all get tired of some games after time, but Dwarf Fortress seems to grab me by the leg every couple months and drags me back with it's bloody, ASCII claw. I think this game has given me Stockholm syndrome, but I love it so, and it's simplistic style yet extremely complex mechanics are like fine art, like a beautifully crafted ☼Cave Spider Silk Sock☼" - Dirk 3/31/2014
TAIL SHOOOOES!

dirkdragonslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Modder, Proficient Failure
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: January 18, 2014, 01:34:54 am »

Oh, and any modder who feels like they wanna do a new one of these for the newer versions, please do. I would love to see it redone, and I bet others will, cause these monsters are downright scary when combined with DF.
"Games come and go, and we all get tired of some games after time, but Dwarf Fortress seems to grab me by the leg every couple months and drags me back with it's bloody, ASCII claw. I think this game has given me Stockholm syndrome, but I love it so, and it's simplistic style yet extremely complex mechanics are like fine art, like a beautifully crafted ☼Cave Spider Silk Sock☼" - Dirk 3/31/2014
TAIL SHOOOOES!

Ikaruga

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: January 28, 2014, 08:00:52 am »

Hi, I have a problem with the mod : when I generate a world with a history longer than 10 years, the game crashes.
Can someone help, please ?

Thuellai

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody's business but the Turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: February 05, 2014, 08:34:42 pm »

Oh, and any modder who feels like they wanna do a new one of these for the newer versions, please do. I would love to see it redone, and I bet others will, cause these monsters are downright scary when combined with DF.
Actually, it is redone to a certain degree for the new version.  Just bringing everything up to code, aside from one or two stubborn tags.  I might start working on the new stuff from 3P/Ultimate/etc here soon.

Wim, I'll look into that crash issue (haven't had it myself)

As to Bullfango prevalence, maybe it's because they're so hard to kill?  Fixing the bleeding issue may actually balance both.  Lemme see if I can figure out why they don't bleed, and if I can fix that and some of these errors from your log, I'll post a new version of MHR.

Iados, glad to see you back, and I hope you enjoy the mod!  It's still like, 80-90% your work, honestly.  I just brought it up to code.
When you're following an angel, does it mean you have to throw your body off a building?

"So kids, what story do you want me to read to you tonight?"
"Oooh!  Oooh!  Goldibeard and the The Rotting Corpses!"
~LegacyCWAL

Ikaruga

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: February 07, 2014, 04:56:17 am »

Thanks for your help ! Tell me if I can provide any logs or anything.

blazing glory

« Reply #233 on: June 08, 2014, 01:39:32 am »

How good are the bones for adventure mode weapons? And I don't suppose if I use wyyvren (Can never remember how to spell it.) bones it would make a difference?

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: June 08, 2014, 12:32:20 pm »

It looks like there's a bone template for every military grade metal.

You could have anything from copper-like bones all the way to adamantine. It depends on the creature the bones came from.

Wimopy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: June 10, 2014, 06:09:09 am »

Well, I tracked the bullfango prevalence issue to the fact that while they are extremely common (as in, spawn in any biome) they also don't have a max age set, so they live forever.
I've also fixed all the errors that appeared in the errorlog, all of them were problems with syndromes where a token was missing a number, I believe.
Fixed bullfangos not bleeding too.
I toyed around with life expectancies. Added on for bullfango, removed some age caps in Wyvern_Other for the extreme elder dragons. For most of them it's a shorter lifespan now. I'm not sure they're quite good. Need to decide if I should base the age on lore or just remove it for large monsters (semimegabeast/megabeast levels).

I believe that's all. I was doing this for personal use, but I don't know if the mod is still being developped or no, so I thought I'd release it. Credits go to Iados and Thuellai.

The mod with minor patchwork

Is anyone still working on this mod? I'm not a modder, but I think I could pick it up and add to it. Or at least keep it working with DF's newer versions.
If no one is developing, I'm open to suggestions on what needs work and what needs to be added, et cetera.
Until then, Good Hunting.
New Thread
Download
Old Thread

Ikaruga

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: June 11, 2014, 02:07:54 am »

With the previous version, I had a bug which crashed the game during worldgen.

Your patch fixed it, thank you !  :D

Wimopy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: June 11, 2014, 06:10:56 am »

You're welcome, though I really did nothing with that. It seems to be a problem with DF worldgen and beasts set to very high in a medium or larger world. It MIGHT also be a problem with one of the monsters. Unfortunately, I've found no error reports or logs. Windows recorded it and has an error, but no useful info on what caused the problem.

There was a similar problem before DF v0.34.04 IIRC. I'm going to do more research/tests and see if I can come up with something conclusive.

For now, it seems it's much safer to make worlds with less beasts or less size. Also, advanced worldgen seems to work more often.

Oh yeah, a question about the crash; when did it happen in worldgen? I got mine in the first few years of history simulating.
Quick edit: in Windows Event Logger I managed to find that the crash is caused by DF trying to access memory it shouldn't, so it might be using too much memory due to something...
« Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 06:14:18 am by Wimopy »
New Thread
Download
Old Thread

blazing glory

« Reply #238 on: June 11, 2014, 06:14:26 am »

You're welcome, though I really did nothing with that. It seems to be a problem with DF worldgen and beasts set to very high in a medium or larger world. It MIGHT also be a problem with one of the monsters. Unfortunately, I've found no error reports or logs. Windows recorded it and has an error, but no useful info on what caused the problem.

There was a similar problem before DF v0.34.04 IIRC. I'm going to do more research/tests and see if I can come up with something conclusive.

For now, it seems it's much safer to make worlds with less beasts or less size. Also, advanced worldgen seems to work more often.

Oh yeah, a question about the crash; when did it happen in worldgen? I got mine in the first few years of history simulating.

Well I tend to get the crash when the game is placing the last civilization or very early in the years progressing,around year 3.

Wimopy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: June 11, 2014, 03:40:43 pm »

Same here. Does it also happen in vanilla? I would check myself but can't atm.
Hm... can you check if you have felyne, melynx and shakalaka civs in working worlds?
New Thread
Download
Old Thread
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17